X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guides Installed but Not Working

Hi,

I have a few problems.

1. Updater didn't want to work. ie. showed current and latest version and then downloaded the new version (progressbar showed download) but the version would not update.

2. Clicked repair which deleted the addon. Clicked Install and nothing installed. Once again progressbar showed the download but nothing updated.

3. Downloaded the addon as well as Updater fresh from the website. Installed them both. So now the latest version is in the addon folder, but ingame I only see the Talent Adviser in my addons tab in the Interface section...even though both are selected in the addons screen at character selection. Also the updater reports that nothing is installed. When clicking on install, the progressbar shows download but nothing happens.

4. Deleted WTF folder. Problem still persists.

5. Checked all Updater settings and they are correct.

Right now I am stumped. This was all working about 5 minutes ago before I tried to update. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanx

It almost sounds like you have 2 different AddOns folders messing with WoW. Do a scan of your hard drive for AddOns and see if you get more than one folder location. If so you'll need to delete any duplicate folders keeping only the one that's in your WoW directory.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

This is not the case. This is a WinXP box so there are no funnies like with Vista or 7 where the addons could end up in the users folder.

Also the WoW folder is a copy...not an install....from my mobile backup drive. There is only 1 addons folder.

Finally....as I said. Everything was working properly until I attempted the update. All my other addons are working perfectly.

Something else is wrong. It is like the folder or something is locked but how I am not sure.

Comment

Try this, delete the 2 Zygor folders from the AddOns directory and the Zygor files from inside the SavedVariables directory, then run the Updater again making sure all of the settings are correct. Sometimes manually deleting the folders and SavedVariable files at the same time works.

Comment

I was under the impression that deleting the WTF folder was the same as deleting the SavedVariables folder since the SavedVariables folder is specific to an account and the accounts are in the WTF folder....or am I looking at the wrong thing here?

Comment

Besides I have just done a check.

The updater is looking at the addon directory to see if and what version of the updater is installed and not at the SavedVariables folder.

So even after I have done a manual install of the latest version of the addon as well as the updater....the updater still reports that the addon is not present

Comment

Yes, deleting the WTF folder will get rid of the SavedVariables folder also, but will erase all of your addon settings. As I said, sometimes you have to delete the addons and their SavedVariables at the same time before doing a fresh install to properly uninstall the addon.

Try this instead. Delete any trace of Zygor stuff from your system (including the updater), then try downloading just the Updater to see if it will install the addons.

Comment

Hi...back.

Right I did exactly the last post. I deleted the addon files and deleted the WTF folder.

I ran the Updater. Clicked install...nothing happened.

Comment

Ok, only 2 more things that come to mind.

1) Do you have any anti-virus running like BitDefender? If so try disabling it completely then run the Updater. Sometimes the anti-virus programs will keep the Updater from running properly but it's still unknown why this happens.

2) Does your password by chance contain any symbols? Things like (*&^%$#@!). If it does log into the Members Area and change it to only letters and numbers. Sometimes symbols in the password will mess with the Updater and prevent it from updating.

Comment

Hi Cabby,

Sigh...what a day. Thanx for the BitDefender tip. That was the issue. I was trying to help my dad out and everything I have been relaying came from him. He lives about 2000km away from me so I had to phone him all the time as he only knows how to switch a pc on.

Anyway. I installed his machine for him and he never told me that he installed BitDefender else I would have switched it off long ago.

Anyway....its working now. Thanx for the help.

Comment

Way to go Cabby. If that doesnt deserve some rep, I dont know what does.
                      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Glad it all got sorted out and working for you again. I'm going to close the thread to mark the issue resolved so the team doesn't think they have to worry about this. If you have any more problems just post em up and we'll try to get it sorted out for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X