Dual Spec Hunter talent guide bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Spec Hunter talent guide bug

I did the dual spec thing with my hunter trainer. I now have beast mastery and marksmanship. My pet has 9 points waiting to be applied.

I have my beast mastery spec activated, but when I go to my pet talents, the adviser tells me that I have the Marksmanship specialty activated. When I go back to my toon's screen, sure enough the Marksmanship spec is shown as activated, only it's still padlocked and when I click on the beast mastery icon, it switches immediately.

What am I doing wrong, or is there a fix for this? Or do I have to dual spec my pet as well?

I think the talent advisor is simply still not capable of handling dual spec.
    So if you witch specs for the character the advisor tells you that your talents do not match. You have to switch the spec in the talent advisor as well.
    If you are on BM and set the advisor to BM everything is fine. When you switch to marksmanship you have to change the target spec in the advisor options to marksmanship.
    I think pet talents are separate from that. If you have one pet and set a target spec and let the advisor set the talents you are fine. But if you need a secondary spec for this pet you'll have to go to the trainer and let the pet's talent points reset.
    If you use another pet with your secondary spec you have to configure the target as the advisor does not regonize if you have now have another pet.

Comment

Cartman is correct about the talent advisor for hunters and that you have to switch specs manually each time. Zygor has said he would like to add something that changes it automatically when you change specs but that it may be awhile for it.
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yep, that's the way it works:

1) Setup your primary with TA: then do the point allocations

2) Setup your secondary

3) When you try to allocate points to your secondary, it will tell you to setup dual-spec

4) Close the TA

5) Switch to the Secondary

6) Open the TA and switch to the Secondary

7) TA should now be available for advising on Secondary talents

Comment

Pet Talents

IMHO

I have found that my pet talent tree advisor ONLY works when you have Beast Mastery activated as your talent spec. It doesn't matter what type of pet you have, as long as you have the correct advisor for that pet, BUT, you will get an advisory pop-up window that says it is only for Beast Mastery talent build IF you do not have it activated.

I feel that Zygor should remove the link between Pet Talent Advisory and Beast Mastery, after all, whichever pet you have and use (even if you use different pets), feroicity, tenacious and cunning do NOT change as you change your own talent spec.

A cat is still a cat whether you are a beast master, marksman or survivalist.

Comment

While I agree with you lildoghouse, there is still a relation between the hunter's spec and the pet's spec. A BM hunter's pet has 4 more points to spend compared to MM and Survival and as such there still needs to be some kind of link there so the talent advisor knows what needs to be displayed for the pet talents.

I do however believe that getting this sorted out is still up there on Zygor's to-do list so hopefully there will be a fix for it before too long.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

And if they would start supporting dual-spec ...

Shouldn't be that hard to keep two tables and use the info from the relevant table by checking which spec is active. Power Auras does it all the time.
              QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
              The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Pet Talents

You are right Cabby. I forgot about the extra pet talents for Beast Master. Maybe Zygor could make the link one way from Beast Master to Pet. Right now it seems that ALL pet builds are linked to Beast Master, (i.e. pet -> BM). It would be better if it were: BM -> pet. NOT a two way street either: BM <-> pet.

Comment

Working...
                X