talent tree advisor went poof.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talent tree advisor went poof.

while it worked when i first installed zygor. it is now gone. any clues to how to get it back? can i uninstall zygor? i am using windows vista

What do you mean poof? Is the talent advisor not the interface menu addons tab when you are in the game?
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

its not there anymore.

Comment

Has it become unchecked from this menu that is circled in red in the photo? Do you have Load Out of Date Addons checked from the same menu?
        Attached Files
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

i have that checked. the zygor guid works fine except for the talent tree advisor. i have no clue how to bring it back. i emailed zygor which was a waste no reply.

Comment

Please list the two Zygor folders you have in your Addons folder. There should be 2 of them. One called ZygorGuidesViewer and one called ZygorTalentAdvisor.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Have you tried the Repair button in the Zygor Updater?
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                Have you tried the Repair button in the Zygor Updater?
                I have the same issue, talent advisor disappeared, but only on one character. I have tried to repair with no change in the talent advisor on that character. Seems odd that it refuses to work with one character, but works on all others on both my accounts...

Comment

Maybe you have a corrupted SavedVariables file. Go into your WoW/WTF/Account/accountname/SavedVariables folder and delete the ZygorTalentAdvisor.lua file. That might get it working for you again.

Comment

Still not working - is definately bugged

the talent tree advisor just keeps disappearing for me also. I have done all the above suggestions and it is not working -

It has worked fine for me in the past for 6 characters - just seems bugged on this hunter and keeps going blank.

Zygor - please help!!!!

Comment

Ok, when you say it keeps going blank, do you mean the talent advisor addon is still there but the spec you pick isn't being remembered?

If so, then I misunderstood you with how you had explained the problem and I thought that the talent advisor was completely missing. If it is in fact just not remembering what spec you picked, that's a known bug that affects some characters and not others, some players and not others, and the team are aware of it and trying to track down what's causing it.

Comment

deleted the .lua file specified, and the backup file as well when that failed to make the talent advisor reappear. Repaired guide, no change, uninstalled and reinstalled guide, STILL not there.
                        I would be agreeable to allow one of you to remote in via gotomypc or similar.
                        Win7 is OS BTW.

Comment

Does the talent advisor appear in the addons selection accessible from the character screen?
                          If not maybe it got installed to a wrong location.
                          In Win 7 it normally is here:
                          C: -> Users -> Public -> Games -> World of Warcraft -> Interface -> AddOns

Comment

answer

No, it's all installed properly....

Cabby has nailed it on the head - and yes, cabby, that is the exact situation...

thanks - guess i just set them each time I login - sigh...

Comment

Go to the addons page from the character selection page and re-enable the addon for that char
                              QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                              The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                              X