Arrow stopped working after todays up date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow stopped working after todays up date

The arrow is showing that we have arrived at what ever the next point is no matter how far away we are changing the skin had no effect

Before you try my suggestion go into the game and write down the level and step number of the guide you are on. Then exit the game completely. Reason I said to write them down is because this will delete the the memory and options of the guide and it will start the guide over from step one. And then go into your World of Warcraft folder. Then WTF. Then Account. Then is a folder with numbers on it different numbers for everybody and go into it. Then SavedVariables folder. Then find the two Zygor files in there and delete them. Then go into the game and see if that fixes it.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

There ar 4 files do I dump all 4?
      ZygorGuidesViewer.lua
      ZygorGuidesViewer.lua.bak
      ZygorTalentAdvisor.lua
      ZygorTalentAdvisor.lua.bak

Comment

Yes, you can dump all of these and then do a reinstall from there. Hope this helps.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

The arrow was fin in stormwind but as soon as I ported to Mount Hyjal it is back to insisting I am there 0 yd no mater where I go I have turned TomTom back on till this is fixed and yest cache and WTF dumped and repair used

Comment

Do you use a non english WoW client? Did any messages show up in the chat window?

Comment

No and none that I recall but the arrow is woking back in stormwind as soon as I hearthed back I did not see an error

Comment

In the guide window should be some coordinates of the step try click them while in Mt. Hyjal area and see if the area changes.
                I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.
                Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

As EU servers are down at the moment I cannot check the function of the waypoint arrow in the Hyjal zone. Maybe it's a Blizzard thing, I don't know what happens if an english zone name changes. If Blizzard messes around with for example german zone names the guide tries to set a waypoint with an english zone name, fails and puts a message in the chat window.
                  Maybe Blizzard changed the zone name from "Mount Hyjal" to "Hyjal" as they did in other languages.
                  You may try the following command to see the zone name while in Hyjal (just type it into the chat window):
                  /print (GetRealZoneText());

Comment

Just a quick correction for you Cartman, you must be tired tonight.

/script print(GetRealZoneText())
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'm not tired anymore, it's already 10 a.m. here
                      I think only /print will do also, will check that in an hour when the servers are back. You US guys already did the betatesting for the update so I suppose they will be in time

Comment

Waypoints working fine here in Hyjal with english and german WoW.
                        Does the map dot show the correct location and only the arrow stand still?
                        Did you try with only Zygor guide active? There were problems like this when other addons turned off the minimap (Sexymap for example).

Comment

The map dot is in the right place and the arrow shows you are there no matter where you are
                          right now for example I am in stormwind to do daily stuff and the guide says
                          go to Mount Hyjal 27,55 * (that asterx is purple btw)
                          Talk to Nordu
                          Turn in etc

the the arrow is pointing to the bottom of the screen no matter which way I turn and says
                          Nordu
                          Kalimdor
                          I take the island portal to Hyjial 63.49,23.37 and instantly the arrow to to the you are there
                          Nordu
                          0 yd
                          at the same time the tomtom crazytaxi arrow appeared and tels me the distance to the turn in is 1784 yards ( i keep TomTom for its this way to your corpse feature) clicking on the goto cords in the zygor box has no effect

I do not run anything that turns off the mini map and the only other minimap add I run is Gatherer

Comment

The first thing is normal when you are on another continent the arrow is pointing down and says Kalimdor in your case.

But when entering the portal the arrow should start working.
                            I only know this behavior from people who used other addons that conflict with the way the guide determins the player's position. Try turning all addons off except the guide and see what happens.

TomTom and Zygor guide work well together, I also use both because I can playce TomTom coordinates when clicking on MobMap positions.

Comment

I am also having the same issue.

I just did Deepholm dailies, no problem there, Zygor performed as usual. However I switched to Uldam daily, ported to uldam and now the waypoint is my current position, it just follows me around on minimap, so I am always "there".

Click for fulscreen.

Comment

Working...
                              X