Talent Advisor Prot Pally Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talent Advisor Prot Pally Problems

Just installed this and now there's something odd with Talent Advisor. I'm levelling a dwarf prot pally (now level 17) and have set the talent build to Zygor Protection Tanking. Each time a new talent point is available (so 10, 11, 13, 15 & 17 so far) the talent build is resetting to "none" again when the talent window opens. It stays as Zygor Protection Tanking right up until the next talent point is available and then it's "none".

The only addons I'm running are Zygor, TomTom and Recount.

Interesting. Will investigate, thanks for reporting! Does the same happen on any other characters/classes, though?

Comment

Moved these posts off the "Love is in the Air" event thread.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by zgdev View Post
        Interesting. Will investigate, thanks for reporting! Does the same happen on any other characters/classes, though?
        Good question - I haven't got any other toons close to getting another talent point at the moment so it might take a little while to check.

Comment

Just had to replace my hard disk so now have a fresh WoW installation downloaded overnight last night. Unfortunately the same thing is happening with the fresh installation - it remembers the talent build until the next point becomes available and then forgets it and I have to configure again

I still haven't been able to see if any other characters are affected but this is the only one I've played with this fresh installation.

Comment

Is it possible that the Zygor LUA files in your SavedVariables directory are marked as 'Read Only'? If they are this could be preventing the guide from saving the settings.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

No, I checked that - and the build is being remembered after I log out and exit WoW. It's only when a new point becomes available that it resets the build to 'none configured'.

However, it appears to have fixed itself! At level 27 it has remembered the build for the first time. I wonder if this is because the glyph interface is now available?

I'll see what happens at 29.

Comment

Nope, forgotten again

Just before I dinged 29 I double-checked that the Zygor Protection Tanking build was selected and it was. I then turned in a quest, dinged 29, the talent window opened and it had forgotten the build again.

Comment

I don't plan playing a paladin again so maybe someone else leveling a paladin can test this by selecting protection as target build before leveling?

Oh, one thing, it was mentioned that the glyph of holy wrath is two times in this build. Maybe this causes the problem.

Comment

I'll check that by changing the duplicate glyph to another one - I'm not far from dinging 31 now

Edit: Nope, that didn't help

I'm on my Windows laptop now (main computer is a Mac) and it's doing the same thing, so that rules out something funny happening on my Mac...

Comment

OK, I've started a night elf priest to test this on another character and it's doing exactly the same thing. I've configured her as Shadow, but it's forgetting the build again as soon as a new talent point is available.

I guess it's possible that it's something to do with my account - it's doing it on two separate computers (one Mac, one PC) though.

As far as I can see, existing characters aren't affected - it's only new ones that I've created in the past week or so.

Comment

If it happens on two different computers and deleting the Zygor files inside the WTF folder does not help there must be another thing causing this.
                        What are the settings of your talent advisor (popup talent tree, automatically distribute skill point, do nothing)?
                        I always set it to do nothing and open the talent window manually.

I'll start a new Horde toon and see what happens. I'm just not sure about the class... Never played elemental Shaman, think I'll make it a Goblin

Comment

talent adviser resetting

I'm having the same problems with the talent adviser reverting back to 'none' once a new talent point has accumulated.
                          I noticed it first with my Death Knight but seems to be occuring across the board on my characters

Comment

Yup, happening here with my high lvl toons and my lvl 26 shammy.
                            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I have a druid now that is level 11 and so far that hasn't happened to me. Weird.
                              I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.
                              Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X