Quest givers not there or wont talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quest givers not there or wont talk

I am having a few problems using this guide.
    One problems is that it will skip several steps and tell me to go to a certain spot on the map and talk to an NPC for a quest. However when I arrive, they will either not talk to me or they are just not even there. For example, I am playing a level 13 Wargen warlock. It skipped me to step 23, told me to run to 56,30 on the map and talk to Tharnariun Treetender and accept "the corruption's source". When I got there, he was no were to be found. It occurred to me that the guide had me skip some important step to make him appear. So I had to back track SEVERAL steps and quests to make him appear. I don't even know which step actually made him spawn, but it was really a hassle.

My second problem is with my level 42 Draenei Paladin. Now this one, I am completely lost. This time I used the SIS and it had me run all over the place getting many many flight paths. Which took the better part of a day to complete. Once I was finished it had me do a few quests, then skipped to Kalimdor (40-45) step 38, Talk to Caryssia Moonhunter. It shows me on the big map where she is and I have NO IDEA how to get to her. I have tried running through several zones and dying a ton of times and I still can't find the zone she is in. I started clicking back in steps to see what I missed and there is so much stuff that has to do with flight paths and stuff in muddsprocket that I have a feeling that I missed a crucial step in getting to her. I gave up playing that characture because I am so frustrated dying over and over trying to find her.

Please advise.
    Thank you

Most of these problems are do to the Smart Injection System right now. We are working hard right now on changing the entire way this works so this will not happen anymore. For now you can do a simple fix and turn off the Dynamic Progress in your options (right click on the "Z" next to the mini map) and just follow the quests in order.
    We are very close to getting this fixed and we appreciate everyone's patience during this time
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

For your 42 pally, this is probably the easiest thing to do to get in sync.

1) Do guide 35-40 (Kalimdor) step 148 to accept the 'To New Thalanaar' quest
      2) Skip forward in the guide to guide 40-45 (Kalimdor) step 37 to get the hippogryph ride
      3) Continue following the guide from there.

For turning off your SIS as suggested, in the Dynamic Progression section of the guide options you'll find 3 check boxes and a slider, adjust the slider all the way to the right and then un-check (empty) the 3 boxes. This will stop the guides from skipping and messing you up.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
        For your 42 pally, this is probably the easiest thing to do to get in sync.

1) Do guide 35-40 (Kalimdor) step 148 to accept the 'To New Thalanaar' quest
        2) Skip forward in the guide to guide 40-45 (Kalimdor) step 37 to get the hippogryph ride
        3) Continue following the guide from there.

For turning off your SIS as suggested, in the Dynamic Progression section of the guide options you'll find 3 check boxes and a slider, adjust the slider all the way to the right and then un-check (empty) the 3 boxes. This will stop the guides from skipping and messing you up.
        First off, thank you both for responding. I appreciate it.
        Cabby, I did what you recommended for my paladin and I am still stuck. It is VERY strange.
        The guide had me fly to Theramore, talk to Baldruc, fly to Mudsprocket...then it skipped step 37 (which was green) and went strait to step 38. When I talk to Dyslix there is no option to fly to New Thalanaar. It says I completed step 37..so how come there is no way to get there? So I'm right back in the same spot I was...stuck in Mudsprocket with an arrow telling me to go 2682 yards to Caryssia.

Comment

If you have the quest "To new Thalanaar" in your log you should be able to get the flight.
          If step 37 is green you have the quest but have either completed it or even turned it in. Maybe then you can't get the flight anymore and if you did not talk to the flight master before you don't have the flight point.
          Then you need to travel a bit.
          Before Cataclysm you had to go west into the Barrens, then south to Thousand Needles and there to the northwest to Feralas. But I don't know if this is still possible at level 42 as Southern Barrens is a "new" zone and Thousand Needles is underwater.

Comment

Yeah, as Cartman says it sounds like you've either completed that step or that quest before. If you don't have the FP to New Thalanaar you can just leave Mudsprocket and head West (I believe it was, toward the mountain separating Duskwallow from 1k Needles) and there's a path up and over the mountain into 1k Needles. From there just head NW to Feralas.

Comment

It seems like there is a path directly to the south of Mudsprocket that goes into Thousand Needles.

Comment

See, I knew it was one of those directions right near Mudsprocket.

Comment

Working...
                X