Can't advance to correct guide level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't advance to correct guide level

I have been using the Guide successfully on all my accounts and I've had no problems up until now. I had to delete my Addons folder and re-install. Now, I can't seem to advance past the level 20 guide, even though the character is level 50. I've checked the pull down menu in the game interface>addon area and also checked the pull down on the guide quest display GUI. The GUI doesn't go past level 20. Within the game interface the pull down is hard to read because the menu isn't wide enough to display all the text but I *think* I am choosing the correct guide to install. Any suggestions as to how to get back on track would be appreciated.

On the Zygor downloader make sure in the settings field you have your Zygor Guides user name and password entered, then hit update (if you can), and then run a repair.
    It sounds like the system placed your trial account back on, and it needs to be reinstalled with the repair function.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Sorry, I don't use the downloader. I manually install the updates.

Comment

Well, the problem you have is from the trial versions being installed. It's possible that the members section was giving you the wrong files. Are you willing to try to use the downloader?
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'd rather not. I thought I downloaded the correct files and installed them. I'll try another download and let you know.

Comment

Another DL will only give you the results you have.
            Since you choose not to use the loader, delete all files in your addons folder with Zygor before you re-DL.
            Let us know if following this method cleared up your problem.

Comment

I deleted the old files and re-downloaded. Still no worgen or anything above 20. So, I deleted those and got the auto-updater. Ran it. Still nothing above 20 and no Worgen starting area. I have a bug report... Is there a place where I can upload it?

Comment

Originally posted by datgrl View Post
                I deleted the old files and re-downloaded. Still no worgen or anything above 20. So, I deleted those and got the auto-updater. Ran it. Still nothing above 20 and no Worgen starting area.
                OK, so in the loader under the settings button you entered your Zygor user name and password?
                After this you hit repair?

Comment

Hi-I appreciate you taking the time to answer the posts. Yes, I did repair. Still no Worgen guide available in the drop down. Still stuck at 20.

Comment

Do you have special characters in your passowrd like %$#@! if you do you will want to change your password on the members page and then put your new password in the settings of the updater and click repair.
                    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.
                    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Changed the pw, removed the old files, re-installed/repair, etc. Still a no go. It says I am 'trial' in the display

Comment

Originally posted by datgrl View Post
                        Changed the pw, removed the old files, re-installed/repair, etc. Still a no go. It says I am 'trial' in the display
                        Wow. Alright, Im stumped.
                        What I'd recommend is filling out the support form (http://www.zygorguides.com/support/contact.php) and letting Zygor try his hand at fixing this. Maybe a remote install is required.
                        Either way, Im tapped of ideas; sorry.

Comment

Yeah, definitely sounds like it's something on the account side that Zygor will have to look into. Kamchak's suggestion for the contact form is probably the best right now.
                          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

When you update or re-download using our Manual install you need to make sure you first delete all Zygor Folders in your WTF files than re-install from the Members Area "with the username and password already entered". If you download without having these entered you will not be able to get the full version to your computer. Hope this helps.
                              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                              X