Talent Advisor Drops selected build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talent Advisor Drops selected build.

For some reason, after I log out and start playing again, my talent advisor will drop the build I had selected. I just need to reselect it but it can be a little frustrating. Any advise would be appreciated.

This is a known issue and the team are trying to figure out why it's doing it. It seems to be a sporadic thing that affects some people and not others, some toons and not others. I know it's annoying right now but unfortunately there's no temporary fix that we know of, everyone is stuck with just constantly having to re-select their build until the team can get it fixed.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks... More than anything I wanted to make sure you were aware. Frustration is minimal. Could be alot worse...

Comment

I just came here about to post the same issue. Annoying but certainly not critical. As long as it's on your radar that's cool.

Comment

Drop outs

I have been having the same problem on two of my toons - a level 15 priest and a lvl 67 shaman. I do keep reselecting the build I want. Its a minor thing and I am glad they are working on it. Keep up the good work Zygor.

Comment

The good thing is that at lower levels you only get a point every 2 levels and above level 80 the leveling time is slower so that you don't have to mess with that very few minutes.
            But currently I'm taking a break from WoW, too many ****** currently in the game. It seems the low brainers finally are in control of all online games.

Comment

I've been putting up with this for a while, hoping that staff's attention will be drawn back to finishing known problems on existing Zygor Guides, instead of focusing all attention on new-fangled products, for sale and profit. It's beginning to remind me of MS. They have never once completed an OS before starting work on a new one... repletedly.

Fixing the "save" portion of the Talent Advisor doesn't seem like it should be too difficult, to me. But, maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

I hear you on the MS likeness - they should definitely work on fixing errors BEFORE working on new guides. They are going to see som very sething remarks from me if they don't, and not just in this forum.

And no, they haven't fixed any of the bugs in TA - yet - but they HAVE promised to do so shortly.

Well, at least they've put Premeditation back in the rogue subtlety spec, even if it's after 3/3 Honor Among Thieves, wich is fairly useless in comparison. They haven't done anything about the ridiculous order glyphs are suggested in.

In defence of Zygor, they have been working on some pretty important stuff - making the SIS work with the spaghetti-like mess that is questing in Cataclysm.
                QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I don't know if my problem is related to this but I am a human warrior and the talent builder seems to think I need a pet and because I haven't got one then it doesn't seem to like it, it's not causing me any problems at the moment, it's just a bit strange.

Comment

This is normally caused by a corrupted SavedVariables file. If you go to your WoW/WTF/Account/accountname/SavedVariables folder you can delete the ZygorTalentAdvisor.lua file and it should fix this.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thank you cabby that worked.

Comment

kreelor, I'm sure I can understand how all these issues came up.
                        After the release of the Cataclysm guides they started working on the other zones for the loremaster guides. But then it showed that the old SIS was not working properly.
                        The team did not ignore the problems they simply finished what was started.
                        Also there are different persons working on creating guides and maintaining the addons. But reworking the SIS took all time so the talent advisor has not been fixed yet. And the talent advisor is only a minor problem, it has it's bugs but it is working for now.
                        I'm sure that now bugfixing has top priority and we can expect more frequent updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                          After the release of the Cataclysm guides they started working on the other zones for the loremaster guides.
                          Plus I'm sure that they needed a change of focus. First getting hit with the Cataclysm changes, then having to try to deduct all the messy and undocumented interdependencies. Most people tend to loose focus, if they work too long on the same issues. Making something new and different is a necessary relief from that.

But they've made their bed, and now have to sleep in it - the TA HAS become a part of the guide, and that part of the guide needs some tender loving care
                          QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                          The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I just want to add my input that this is happening to me as well. It seems to do it to nearly all characters! I play on 3 servers (PVP, Normal, and RP) and play both Alliance and Horde. It doesn't seem to impact toons above 70, however.

Comment

Dropping the character build

It is still happening and it happens on all of my leveling characters, not just some. As someone stated before it is not critical but very annoying. Especially when the the Talent screen pops up while you are fighting and you can't do a simple accept to make it go away.

Comment

Working...
                              X