Get an error when trying to apply a glyph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get an error when trying to apply a glyph

Once I have learnt a glyph then go to try to apply it in the glyph window, i get an error stating that the Talent Advisor is blocking a function normally available in the Blizzard UI. It then gives me two options, Disable or Ignore.

Clicking Disable does a reloadUI and disables the talent advisor, to which I can then apply the glyph with no issues.

This has happened on all of my toons, to a point where I have disabled the talent advisor on all my level 85 toons, and then disable it on each toon that hits 85.
    Wildhammer EU
    Magedaveo (60) - Chaoslight (60) - Meldinor* (50) - Daveodruid (50) - Maldinor (45) - Chaoswrath (45) - Daveohunter (45)
    Daveodk (45) - Melorius (41) - Arthaskiller* (40) - Neosaurus* (40)

Thunderhorn EU
    Malock (60) - Voidemorte (60) - Thunderbolts (50) - Malpaw* (45) - Malthorn* (40)

*Horde Characters

This sounds like it might be an addon conflict. Have you tried this with all of your other addons disabled and the only addon enabled being the Zygor one?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

None of my other addons interfere with the glyph or talent system.

I have disabled all addons tho (except the two Zygor addons), and got the same error.

Deleting Blizzard_GlyphUI & Blizzard_TalentUI (and so allowing the game to re-download these two addons) fixes it for a while, before it occurs again.

Only by disabling the talent advisor do I get no errors.
      Wildhammer EU
      Magedaveo (60) - Chaoslight (60) - Meldinor* (50) - Daveodruid (50) - Maldinor (45) - Chaoswrath (45) - Daveohunter (45)

Thunderhorn EU
      Malock (60) - Voidemorte (60) - Thunderbolts (50) - Malpaw* (45) - Malthorn* (40)

*Horde Characters

Comment

Just had to check that to be sure since this seems to only be affecting you right now. Do you have the latest guide, version 1790? Also, have you tried the Repair button in the Zygor Updater?

Comment

Yes to both, as that was one of the first things I did was to check for updates and repaired to see if it fixed it, which it didn't.

The only temp fix is deleting the Blizzard_GlyphUI and Blizzard_TalentUI folders each time it occurs.
          Wildhammer EU

Thunderhorn EU

*Horde Characters

Comment

Well, this hasn't been a common problem so I don't really know what to say at this point. I'm going to have to leave this to one of the main team as they'll know better what to look for and questions to ask to figure out what's happening.

Comment

We will be looking into why this is happening and try to duplicate this error. Thanks for letting us know about this so we can make sure to fix it for the next update if needed.
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Same thing is happening with me. I really didn't notice it, because I havn't been leveling. I just started last night, and the talent tree bugs out, and glyphs either won't apply and there is no suggestions as there use to be.
                Thanks

Comment

We have been able to duplicate this problem once or twice but it doesn't seem to be something happening everytime (for the Glyph advisor). The Talent Advisor we are aware of and will be working full speed on fixing this right after SIS is completed. Thanks for the reports.

Comment

I have been having the same issue and I know that the team will be working on it probably pretty quick here with the SIS up it's not really a quick fix for it but I use an addon called Addon Control Panel which allows me to hit yes to disable it when blizz tells me too then add the glyphs I need then using esc and going to the addon option can turn on the talent advisor again and all it takes is 1 reload of the ui to disable by blizz and 1 reload to enable by Addon Control Panel so its alot easier than logging out and such... if anyone needs you can get the addon here
                    --PvP Junkie--

Comment

I also use Addon Control Panel, it's a very cool feature to have access to the addons selection from the game menu.
                      Thanks for posting this here sobeit81, may help others with this (and other) addon problems.

Comment

Is this still an issue? We are no longer able to duplicate this error at all, no matter what we do. We will mark this as fixed for now, unless someone can verify it still happens and would be kind enough to provide as much information about it as possible. Thanks.
                        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

I just had this problem after buying some new glyphs tonight. It simply says that Zygortalentadvisor has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI when trying to click on a glyph after I had learned it in the glyphs menu. Prior to buying the glyphs I was able to use glyphs I already had without an issue. Also note the problem disappeared when I logged out to character select and then back into game. Additionally the problem re-appeared when I bought dust of disappearance for some reason..

Comment

You may have an addon conflict. Try running Zygor without any addons and see if this problem occurs. If not than re-enable your addons one at a time to see which one may be causing this problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X