Special Thank You to Silverhawk11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Thank You to Silverhawk11

This is a good post that I'm glad to be able to have the pleasure to write.

Today might have been the absolute 100% worst day, for me personally, for Blizzard to drop patch 3.2 on us, but as we all know, it happened. Such is life. But that's not really what I wanted to say with this post.

Due to the circumstances of today's events, I was out of the office and running around like crazy all day long, unfortunately. All the while, I was constantly worried about you guys, with regards of Cartographer breaking in patch 3.2.

Needless to say, after dealing with the day's events, I immediately went into the office, despite it being almost 2:00 am, and prepared to get this whole fiasco taken care of.

So, as my computer was booting up, I eagerly took advantage of my wait time by injecting Red Bull directly into my veins. :-)

My email inbox was practically overflowing, but before even diving into the emails, I decided to investigate the matter to see if I could figure something out quickly. So, at that point, I headed over to our community forums.

That is where I noticed numerous posts from silverhawk11, among others, helping fellow members to fix the problem. I was amazed, the problem had already been fixed. That is really something, and says alot about the caliber of people we have as members here at Zygor Guides.

Silverhawk11, you really went the extra mile, when you didn't even have to go an inch in the first place. I commend you on the time and effort you spent helping your fellow members, our members, without ever being asked to do so. You, sir, are a champion.

For the patch 3.2 fix, we at Zygor Guides can take no glory. We have only silverhawk11 to thank for this. So please, everyone, let's hear it for silverhawk11.

That is all, I just wanted to congratulate you, and thank you, on a job very well done.

Also, silverhawk11, please reply to this thread, or email me, letting me know if the email address we have on file for you is still your current email address. Thank you, again.

Take care.

John Cook
    Zygor Guides
    http://www.zygorguides.com
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

BRJHRRBRNNA..... that's excitement... a dedicated post zomgggggg <3!

Uhhh, I think so? Lol. I don't remember what I registered under, so I'll PM you my current e-mail adress and we'll see? :-).

Thank you so much dude, it really means a lot :-D. I'm glad I can help ya' out :-D :-D.

EDIT: Or I won't PM you! Lol. I'll send you an e-mail right now!
    EDIT EDIT: Sorry for the long reply, I was in a serious Warsong Gulch :-P.
    EDIT EDIT EDIT: Also, Depercision should also get a part in this thread too, so I'll do it for ya'. He was the original one to come up with the find on how to fix Cartographer, I just detailed instructions on how to set it up and answered questions, which led to the video tutorial.

Anyways, thanks Depercision for the find, wouldn't have been able to do it without cha' :-).
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Whoo hoo silverhawk11

Great Job Silverhawk!

It is always nice to see members stepping up to help others!~

Comment

GG Silverhawk

Comment

Why thank you both :-D. How many times have I even said that today? Lmfao. Thanks a lot guys!

Comment

Silverhawk played a blinder!

Sadly for me I got lost in the myriad of posts and have been unable to get his instructions to work.

I extracted into wow/Interface/addons/cartographer/libs it appears to be overwriting but still appears as Lib 1.0 and of course no Way Arrow.

Silver made mention of a vid...............so..... if you could point me to that I will have one more go.

It occurs to me that (for those les IT enlightened) that the wow/ interface etc instructions are not quite correct,,,,,,,,is there something after the "lib" bit of the path?

Is it not poss. for me to download from Curse on the auto download as I woul;d normally for an addon? Any help appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by seadognz View Post
              Silverhawk played a blinder!

Sadly for me I got lost in the myriad of posts and have been unable to get his instructions to work.

I extracted into wow/Interface/addons/cartographer/libs it appears to be overwriting but still appears as Lib 1.0 and of course no Way Arrow.

Silver made mention of a vid...............so..... if you could point me to that I will have one more go.

It occurs to me that (for those les IT enlightened) that the wow/ interface etc instructions are not quite correct,,,,,,,,is there something after the "lib" bit of the path?

Is it not poss. for me to download from Curse on the auto download as I woul;d normally for an addon? Any help appreciated.
              Just go ahead and download and install the updated guides inside our Members Area. They have been updated to reflect the fix, so no need to mess with the lib folder or anything like that anymore.

Comment

Was just about to reply with what he said ;-).

Comment

Silver H and Zyg.....thankee kindly! I will wander off and do as you suggest.

I did already download something called LibbyRock 1.0 3.2 fix or some such gobblygook. I unistalled the Lib that was on my Curse client so hopeful I haven't screwed things up too badly!

While I have you here . just a quick plug for you and your readers! I 've been using the Horde Guide on an Orc through to lev 50 so far and it has been a greeeeeat experience. So much more interesting than leveling without... I especially like the way it takes you back and forward between different areas.

Come to NZ....I'll buy you a decent beer! lol

Comment

Hahaha :-). Glad you like the guide, and I hope everything is working good for you ;-).

*flys to New Zealand*

Comment

U Folks are Awesome!!

Zygor,

As always, thanks for this awesome guide! I just wanted to say...Right on! For acknowledging some dedicated folk, that went above and beyond. I'm glad to see that there are folks who aren't always having to be the glory hounds!!

To Silverhawk11 and Depercision: Thanks for being such (as we say in the military) HARD CHARGERS!! Your efforts are greatly appreciated, and so is the obvious dedication!! HOORAH!!!!!

Comment

Thanks a bunch man ;-). Really appreciate it!

Comment

Mojo up above said it all! Many thanks to Zygor and Silverhawk. To ANYONE who is reading this........ These guys are totally awesome and go to great lengths to help users of the Guides.

Note to Zygor.... Want to buy the Alli guide. As you have seen the total mess I can make of folders I need your advice before I download please.

I'll follow the instruction page as usual......but....I think my past probs have beeen caused by me replacing duplicated folders and somehow doing it wrong......so .here's the question.... When I download my next Guide (Alliance) what do I do when it tells me that some folders already exist? Replace or leave them?

Comment

Originally posted by seadognz View Post
                            Mojo up above said it all! Many thanks to Zygor and Silverhawk. To ANYONE who is reading this........ These guys are totally awesome and go to great lengths to help users of the Guides.

Note to Zygor.... Want to buy the Alli guide. As you have seen the total mess I can make of folders I need your advice before I download please.

I'll follow the instruction page as usual......but....I think my past probs have beeen caused by me replacing duplicated folders and somehow doing it wrong......so .here's the question.... When I download my next Guide (Alliance) what do I do when it tells me that some folders already exist? Replace or leave them?
                            Overwrite any and all folders and files it ask you about. Just click "Yes to all". But if you need help again, I'm always glad to get back on remote support with you. Just let me know. Take care.

Comment

Excellent................thank you. *Heads for credit card

Comment

Working...
                              X