The recent quality of the guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The recent quality of the guide.

So I've been using Zygor's since WOTLK. Back when it was a pay once only addon. (Not this account however. Back in Cata, I lost my email, plus my original WoW account to gold sellers and couldn't get the account back. Nor the email.)

I've always enjoyed the guide. But it just feels like recently the quality has dropped significantly.
    I'll give a few examples from just this week.

Wrong Directions.
    • Several times I have been following the waypoint just to realize it's sending me on an infinite loop. It would tell me to go through a portal. Then tell me to hearth. Then back to Dalaran, another portal. Then heart again etc etc.

Errors and Spam.
    • Even if you turn of the guide sync and such. When you join a BG for example you'll be spammed with "You are not in a party" (Paraphrasing the actual message).
    • Refusing to let you change your talents if you have the Talent Advisor enabled.

The guides themselves.
    • Long-Forgotten Hippogryph. So as you may be aware. To get the Long-Forgotten Hippogryph you need to find 5 ephemeral crystals within 8 hours. First things first. The guide doesn't even take you to all of the spawn points. In fact. Not only does it not take you to all of them. If you happen to be multitasking. Chances are the guide is going to screw you over. How? The same way it did to me. By giving a waypoint that's not in Azsuna. How did it screw me over? Because leaving Azsuna completely resets your progress. I had to use TomTom and Worldofpunks website to find the crystals
    • Mimiron's Head.
      • "This mount is dropped by Yogg-Saron in the Ulduar raid. It can also drop from Unclaimed Black Market Containers which can be purchased from the Black Market Auction House in Pandaria"
      • "Click here to kill Yogg-Saron"
        • "This mount is dropped by Togg-Saron in the Ulduar raid."
    • What sort of crap is this? If someone is using a guide. You need to assume they know nothing about what they need the guide for! It's literally the most unhelpful thing ever. It doesn't even mention at all how you need to kill Yogg-Saron while the watchers aren't up. It doesn't give directions through the raid either.

Seriously, this is just from this week. So what's up with this downfall in quality? It's a paid addon for christ sakes.

Travel - Please provide us with an example of a destination where the Travel System sends you in a continuous loop. There are thousands of users using Zygor all the time and we do not have reports of infinite looping, so this is likely not a widespread problem but rather a single problem with one route.

Talent Advisor - The Talent Advisor has no function that should be refusing to let you change your talents. The game itself only lets you change talents in certain areas. If this isn't the issue then please let us know what race/spec you are and what talents aren't switching. Is this in Retail or Classic?

Spam - We're looking into this and it should be fixed soon.

Long-Forgotten Hippogryph/Mimiron's Head - Some very old guides may have quality issues and we are working to go back and update them. It's certainly not a reflection of a quality drop unless you're seeing the same issues in our latest Shadowlands guides.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

o!
      "You are not in a party" this is Zygor problem?
      this is true... amazing spam all the time :-(

Comment

The "You aren't in a party." spam is now fixed. Please update your guides.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I have noticed an important drop also in quality that is unaccepteble for a paid add on because free addons like Tom Tom are flawless.

for a quick example, I am leveling in Draenor currently, in Gorgrond, and quite often the guide will send me to a location using a flight path, to immediately resend me elsewhere as soon as I arrive and I dismount.

Also, the guide does not seem to give accurate direction when you are in your garrison. It will tell me the distance I have to travel, but not the direction and the arrow doesn't show up.

Comment

With 8.3 Blizzard changed garrisons into instanced zones and Blizzard does not allow any arrow or navigation to work inside instanced zones. The arrow will work again once you leave the garrison.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
            X