Major Lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Lag

I have used this guide as the free version to see how it works and was very impressed. I decided to subscribe to this and Dugi to see what is better and whilst I do love Zygor so much more and have decided to keep using this one over Dugi, I have the issue that when a guide is running the game can lag, a lot. And it's not just some small lag or FPS drops, the entire game will periodically freeze for anywhere up to 10-15 seconds.

Most notably it happens when I move 'zones', whether that means an actual zone like Orgimmar > Azshara or when on the FP passing through Oribos, but sometimes it can freeze when I am also just moving between sub zones, like when I move from the Seat of the Primus over to Theater of Pain, you know those times when you phase over and you might see a bit of rain in one sub zone and not another and as the game is loading into the new area it can sometimes think, yeh well for some reason Zygor doesn't seem to like it all that much and decides to have a heart attack quite frequently.

And it's not just something that happens in SL either, I had it happen last night when doing the Legion order hall stuff, simply taking my DH from Dalaran over to the DH order hall while flying between the 2 locations it froze, a lot.

I have turned off all my non essential addons, keeping things on like ElvUI, Altoholic, TSM and whatnot that I actually use everyday and it still happens. I will go through later and see if one of my main addons is the cause, but for now I can confirm all the smaller addons like AdiBags, all The Things and Vendor are not the cause.

Does anyone else experience this or know if there is a way to fix it?

Normally when something like this happens it's caused by either an addon conflict or a corrupted file somewhere in the WTF folder. Try testing with all other addons disabled to see if the lag goes away. If you still have the lag when only Zygor is running try exiting the game and go to your WoW/retail folder and rename the WTF folder to WTF.old. Testing like that will reset everything, game and addons and that may just fix it for you.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Awww but muuummmm I hate removing the WTF folder. Like seriously it's the biggest pain because all your addon settings go bye bye.

I did last night somehow, I will try retrace whatever I done, make it work better, instead of a total eclipse It just dropped in FPS, so at least it is not completely freezing on me.

Comment

OK so I removed all addons and it still lags. Albeit not much, and if you were not paying attention it would not be noticeable, but it's still there. The game also froze once, it went from a 10-15 second freeze time to less than a second, but it's still the same symptoms.

I know I had the same issue with Dugi, where the addon had so much to think about to get my waypoints that it sometimes has FPS drops, but it's worse here which is sad as Zygor is a much better addon.

I think it might be the same issue, because the guides direct you to go here there and everywhere, especially when you set a handful of WQ's to work on it is constantly needing to think each time you zone or sub-zone.

And to add to the issues, my characters are engineers with basically every available option to get around, so that's a lot to think about.

EDIT: So I enabled ElvUI and Zygor and it got worse instantly. That is with only 256MB of addon memory, 95% of that coming from Zygor.

EDIT 2: In case you are wondering, I can run this game near max graphics around 60 FPS in an outdoor setting.
        Last edited by Raven123456; May 6, 2021, 10:26 PM.

Comment

You had issue even with doing the WTF folder rename for testing to give a 'clean' environment?
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Sorry I have been trying this and that over the last few weeks to see what happens.

After removing WTF, Interface and Cache I still had slight issues. I ended up just deleting the entire WoW folder and everything else related, than uninstalled Bnet and just went clean. I also done a complete fresh install of my Nvidia drivers, including using a slimming program to remove all the bloat that I do not need and install a very minimal set of drivers, along with the DDU software to ensure all drivers are completely removed.. Afterwards I done some SSD tuning, things like turning off prefetch, superfetch and anything else I could find that was suggested to improve performance.

I might get a slight micro lag here and there, but it's nothing like it was. Honestly I don't know which step or if all steps contributed to it now working better, but now it almost always works fine,

Comment

Working...
            X