Guide .... is it still optimized?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide .... is it still optimized?

This guide used to be about the fastest path to max level. For the folks that have been using it for a while, are you finding this is still the case, or is it simply a glorified version of what Blizzard already provides us? I've been using this since its been released (although my time in wow is lmited to a few months after an xpac drops,) and this is what I'm starting to think. I do not level any "quicker," than folks who do not use it, even sometimes slower.

I"m only referring to leveling, which was was the key feature back in the day, not abou the other guides (achievements, etc) which I still find useful.

I was very confused why it kept having me go learn all the flight points in Dragon Isles, but then I never actually used one during leveling. And for that matter, probably never will with my dragon.

Comment

I think there are a couple of factors at play.

Quests used to consist of many overlapping gather/kill/click objectives. Zygor did a fantastic job of grouping these together so that you were completing several quests at the same time, turning them in together, there by drastically increasing level time.

One factor is that Blizzard now does a much better job of grouping these objectives together naturally. Combined with area markers and improved quest logs, you can acheive the same results of optimization without much thought.

Blizzard has also shifted more towards an overarching campaign design, with optional side quests. The campaign is usually designed to get you through leveling the expansion and where you need to go. It has built in navigation. I think that's why you don't see the level time improvements you used to.

Where Zygor still shines, in my opinion, is when you have specific objectives you want to accomplish and want routes that spam multiple dependencies. For example, Order Hall quests, to War Campaigns, to Warfronts, to unlock a class mount. This would take out-of-game research and organization to achieve. It's even harder to optimize it for yourself. Zygor allows you to simply follow the arrow through these different stages.

The other area Zygor excels is with managing multiple completely separate objectives. For example, if I'm working on a War Campaign, and also a past xpac loremaster, and also a profession, etc. I can favorite these lines and easily jump in and out of them. The overhead of context switching is handled by the addon so you don't suffer the "ok where was I?" situation.

Comment

Working...
      X