Log in to ZYGOR
Log in with social media
OR
Log in with Zygor account
Forgot your password?
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-patch broke the addon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pre-patch broke the addon

    Can we please get an update for the addon (V8) since the pre-patch is here and the API's have changed and we cant use the addon at all..
    With so many ears doing this addon, it does surprise me (negatively) that the addon is not even ready with an update when the game is updating.
    On BFA launch you were right on time with the addon and ready to go but not this time, why not?
    Last edited by thrysoe; October 14th, 2020, 07:16 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by thrysoe View Post
    Can we please get an update for the addon (V9) since the pre-patch is here and the API's have changed and we cant use the addon at all..
    The addon seems to be working fine for me. Whats broken for you?

    Comment


    • #3
      http://prntscr.com/uz3mfd

      Comment


      • #4
        I had the same error but it stopped when I disabled "World Quest Tracker" - another add-on which is broken

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by thrysoe View Post
          Can we please get an update for the addon (V8) since the pre-patch is here and the API's have changed and we cant use the addon at all..
          With so many ears doing this addon, it does surprise me (negatively) that the addon is not even ready with an update when the game is updating.
          On BFA launch you were right on time with the addon and ready to go but not this time, why not?
          The addon was updated around 1pm EST yesterday, many hours before the pre-patch went live. Here was our post about it: https://zygorguides.com/blog/zygors-...now-available/

          Are you running the addon "WorldQuestTrackerAddon"? If so, please try disabling it. This is an error on our end that we are working to fix, but it only occurs if you're running that addon.

          Zygor Guide Viewer 8 will not be released until the Shadowlands expansion is released.
          Last edited by Zygor Admin; October 14th, 2020, 10:09 AM.
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

          Comment


          • #6
            I seem to be having a similar problem. After making sure that the Zygor guides were up to date, I logged into the game and created a new character (a human hunter). After watching the new opening cutscene and then getting control of my character in the new starting zone I noticed that there was no sign of the guide viewer so I checked to see that the Zygor add on was enabled within the game, which it was. The minimap apparently does not appear until you are off the boat and on the island so I was unable to click the Z button on the minimap to bring up the Zygor guide options menu. After getting far enough to enable me to do this and bring up the Guide viewer, the old Human starter guide at Northshire Valley was automatically loaded rather than the one for the new starting area. Please can someone let me know how to get the correct guide to load? Thank you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Same thing happened to me - Just go into Zygor menu, look in Shadowlands section and you'll find it there - it runs ok after that. Btw you really don't need it. Exiles reach is so straightforward a step by step guide is not really necessary

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by grim View Post
                Same thing happened to me - Just go into Zygor menu, look in Shadowlands section and you'll find it there - it runs ok after that. Btw you really don't need it. Exiles reach is so straightforward a step by step guide is not really necessary
                Thanks, I managed to find the quest guide with a bit of searching, I have since completed the starting zone guide and got back to Stormwind but once the end of the guide was reached, the next relevant guide did not open so I am not sure which is the correct guide to open next.
                Last edited by omah1975; October 15th, 2020, 11:13 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Having the same problem. It is not loading or suggesting proper guides or quests like it is supposed to. I hit level 10 on my orc warlock and it didn't suggest riding training or the quests for either BFA or Chromie like I would expect. Seems like all they did was renumber the text on most of the quests. The allied races requirements aren't updated and several things still list the old level numbers. Really disappointed the guides are not working like they are supposed to. I shouldn't have to search for quests in the table of contents when the guide should suggest them automatically.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Make sure you have the latest guide version. We sent out an update today to fix the missing Chromie Time guide.

                    We have a ton of guides that needed to be updated for the new level squish so we may have missed a few things here and there. If you notice something that was missed please let us know the guide name and any relevant steps so we may get it fixed.
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

                    Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      As mentioned by homedad76.

                      Allied races guides aren’t working at all. They have the old version, and aren’t updated. It just tells you, you need this Achievement, ok complete the Storyline but then you look for that storyline and it isn’t there. Which by the way, as also mentioned, instead of searching for the achievement needed, it should be given automatically. I’ve tried to find for 1 hour the guide to basically get the Mechagnome race, with Zygor right now is impossible, and should be updated. Thanks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Are you sure you have the latest version of the guides? The very first step of the Mechagnome Race Unlock guide tells you that you need to first complete the Mechagonian Threat achievement. When you enter Mechagonian Threat into the search box on the guide selection window that achievement guide is found instantly to get you the achievement. If you have not progressed the story line enough the achievement guide tells you to use the Nazjatar leveling guide until you complete the Tempered Blade quest. Again, entering Nazjatar in the search box should pull up the guide needed instantly.

                        If for any reason the guides are not showing when you use the search box then they may be hidden. To fix that go into the guide viewer settings and in the Guide Menu section toggle the option to hide completed guides.
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

                        Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
                          Are you sure you have the latest version of the guides? The very first step of the Mechagnome Race Unlock guide tells you that you need to first complete the Mechagonian Threat achievement. When you enter Mechagonian Threat into the search box on the guide selection window that achievement guide is found instantly to get you the achievement. If you have not progressed the story line enough the achievement guide tells you to use the Nazjatar leveling guide until you complete the Tempered Blade quest. Again, entering Nazjatar in the search box should pull up the guide needed instantly.

                          If for any reason the guides are not showing when you use the search box then they may be hidden. To fix that go into the guide viewer settings and in the Guide Menu section toggle the option to hide completed guides.
                          Hello, i also have a similar problem. Some of the notes aren't updated because the mechagonian threat says level 120 required. More importantly when i select nazjatar guide and go to boralus genn isn't at the location pointed by the guide and when i go to his actual location there is no quest named the wolfs offensive. I looked it up and it says 9.0.1 hotfix removed the wolfs offensive, you need to be level 50 complete uniting Kul Tiras or Zandalar and a nation divided. When i look up uniting kultiras some forum posts says you need to do the war campaign and others say you need to do azeroth introduction in silithus. The guide doesn't say anything about any of this.
                          Last edited by Auroth; 2 weeks ago.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            For some reason the gold making guides only seem to be loading the classic guides (on retail) for both farming, gathering and crafting (maybe due to it thinking I'm only level 50/120?) I tried deleting the addon completely and deleting the addon in my classic folder even but the problem prevails.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Try doing a full guide reset.

                              1. exit WoW
                              2. go to the WoW/_retail_/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
                              3. go to the WoW/_retail_/WTF/Account/<your account name here>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there
                              4. run the desktop client and install a fresh copy of the guides
                              5. go back in game to test and let me know if that fixed it
                              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

                              Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X