OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIS and Guide Problems Explained.. Hopefully.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I move the level scale all the way to 80? It seems I'm ahead of the guide just a bit.

Also, in the case of someone doing an instance here or there...what can they do to place themselves appropriately back in the guide and avoid running into the later part of chain quests?

Comment

Adjusting the slider shouldn't make any difference as it's supposedly disabled, but having it all the way to the right is normally a part of disabling the SIS, so I guess putting it there can't hurt.

As for running dungeons, I'd say try to limit yourself to one dungeon run per dungeon until the SIS can get fixed. The gear drops from them wouldn't last too long anyway at the lower levels and by limiting to just one run per dungeon you can still get the different dungeon achievements and not get too far ahead of the guides. For now you'll want to attempt to do every guide step until the SIS is working again to avoid any headaches with missed chain quests. You can normally stay within a few levels of the guide while doing just one run per dungeon and not have it really impact any leveling time. As long as you stay within a few levels of the guide you should still receive full quest XP (only reduced if it's grey).
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'll say you should just release when 1-60 is done. Because people doesn't have any heirlooms from 80-85 and they will just make all the quests in the normal tempo. So release 1-60 so people can get their Worgens and Goblins leveled up

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
          Im not sure if anyone had posted this, but here is why SIS has been disabled....

SIS and the guides are driven off the ID numbers given by Blizzard for every quest listed. When they launched patch 3.3 they changed the quest numbers on a lot of quests, which messed up the guides for a while; those of us that have had the guides know about this mess.
          This current problem is a disaster even compared to the 3.3 fiasco.
          1) Blizzard changed a lot of quest IDs again.
          2) Blizzard was supposed to put in some quests with 4.0.3a and did not.
          3) Blizzard was not going to add quests to 4.0.3a but did.
          4) Locations of NPC's were moved ahead of schedule for 4.0.3a and some NPC's were left where they were.

Do you see the common problem here? Blizzard made last second changes that sent this guide spiraling into trouble.

Why this effects SIS is the quest ID numbers it relies on are no longer valid, so SIS cannot 'see' them. Further adding to the problems the quests and locations of the quest givers is wrong. Add all this together and the algorithm being used by SIS in game is useless until every one of these problems is addressed.

This is why Zygor is not responding to the Mac loader issue, or any of the other issues being posted at the moment, and why us as Moderators are trying to quell the masses and get ppl to understand the magnitude of this problem. Nothing will work properly until these issues are addressed, one-by-one, line-by-line. It's huge folks.

To our new customers, this is unfortunate, as you have not had the opportunity to see the history and track record of updates and problem addresses you will come accustomed to in time.
          To our old customers, you see the trust they have based on this track record by the posts they leave that is pretty much a /shrug "wow this stinks. Oh well, Ill roll a <enter toon here> until you get it working." That says a lot to me about the trust built and earned by Zygor Guides.

The only thing that the new customers need to know is this; our track record is posted by our customers in these forums. If you want to take the time, I encourage each of you to search out the issues posted and read the end results for yourselves. Nothing speaks to the quality and integrity of this product and the ppl involved here like your peers.

Hopefully this problem will be resolved very shortly and all will go back to normal. Then all we have to do is wait to see if Blizzard decides to drop another A-Bomb on us come Cata.
          I just bought this guide on thursday for 60 bucks, it would have been nice to know on the purchase page that this guide is not working as intended. I am in no way downing the product, I think it is awsome. I work hard for my money just like everyone else and 60 bucks is 60 bucks. So a little heads up to potential customers I think would be very professional.

Comment

The guide still works without SIS, just not as well in my opinion. I had stopped leveling my charachter because SIS was broken and it was almost impossible to get back in synch with the guide. However, I did manage to get back in synch with the guide and it took me from lvl 32 to 50 over yesterday and today(playing about a total of 4-5 hours).

But I think it would be great if you released the 1-60 when its fixed as I'm sure many people are waiting on that part of the guide.

Comment

I think of myself as a patient person.

However, I'm beginning to run out.

Look, I understand that Cataclysm threw you all for a loop, and that's OK. But one of the major selling points of the Zygor guide is the SIS system. I know that it's the reason I bought the guide. If Zygor Guides was a free add-on, then I'd have no right to complain and keep asking "When is it getting done?" But it's not free. I paid real hard earned money for a product, and I have a certain expectation for that product to meet a standard of operation. Currently it is not.

Now, I like the guide, and I thought that the way you guys handled the Cataclysm release bugs on the 7th was fantastic. THAT'S the kind of product & customer service I wanted to pay for. However the SIS system is starting to wear my patience thin. Now, it's been down for 13 days, I'd like a real ETA on when I can expect the product I PAID FOR to be complete.

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm venting, I'm sure everyone is working hard to fix everything that needs fixing, but this IS a business. Thank you for your attention.

Comment

Originally posted by uncledavidyo View Post
                I just bought this guide on thursday for 60 bucks, it would have been nice to know on the purchase page that this guide is not working as intended. I am in no way downing the product, I think it is awsome. I work hard for my money just like everyone else and 60 bucks is 60 bucks. So a little heads up to potential customers I think would be very professional.
                Same here...
                I bought this guide for SIS and i can't exp any of my chars with this guide.

Comment

Originally posted by izual83 View Post
                  Same here...
                  I bought this guide for SIS and i can't exp any of my chars with this guide.
                  I'm confused on the meaning of exp here. Is it
                  export?
                  explain?
                  experience?
                  exponent?
                  expatriate?

While I too desire to see the SIS brought back, the guide still works to the larger extent and that is something that can't be refuted. I continue to beleive that the in-game view of "go here, do that" has made a big difference in my enjoyment of WoW because I don't waste time.

Time used to be wasted trying to find the quest givers, read Wowhead, Thottbot and others about how to do the quests, and not accepting the quests and running the sequence in an efficient manner.

Yes, SIS would reduce time wasted even more. But you can still be satisfied that the guide does what it was originally intended to do.

But I can side with you guys some. We haven't heard anything official from John and the team in at least a week. I hope is all well over at Zygor Labs and nothing went wrong like it does for these guys

Comment

EXP and XP are the same thing. A lot of older players use EXP due to D&D days.

Basically he's saying that he's having problems being able to level.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                      EXP and XP are the same thing. A lot of older players use EXP due to D&D days.

Basically he's saying that he's having problems being able to level.
                      I think he knew that. That didn't really answer the question of when to expect SIS. Four days ago you said 1-2 days. So what's ETA now?

Comment

Originally posted by Lightkeeper View Post
                        I think he knew that. That didn't really answer the question of when to expect SIS. Four days ago you said 1-2 days. So what's ETA now?
                        The only people that can answer that question are Zygor support or Zygor himself. The moderators don't have more information as we are normal guide users as everyone here.
                        I also hope that the SIS is being fixed as soon as possible. But I better wait a few days more and get a better product than having a half working thing.

There were only few people that leveled far ahead of the guide. Most people playing with the guide from 1-60 seem to be 1-2.5 levels ahead which is not a big problem. Only if you do dungeons you may be too far ahead of the guide. In this case you can try to go to the next region by clicking through the guide manually until the next region and look if you can get the quest that is supposed to take you there or get the quest from the board in a city. I did not test this myself as I'm currently playing my 80s through Cataclysm but that's how I would get my low level characters synced with the guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightkeeper View Post
                          Four days ago you said 1-2 days. So what's ETA now?
                          Please re-read what I posted 4 days ago. Take note that I said it was expected that the 1-60 portion should be done in a day or two BUT did not know if it would be released when done or if it would be released after the 80-85 section was done.

Comment

The only people that can answer that question are Zygor support or Zygor himself. The moderators don't have more information as we are normal guide users as everyone here.
                            Fair enough. Then maybe you can get THEM to answer. Look, this is nothing personal, this is business. Zygor was very prolific in posting daily about the new guide and how awesome it was going to be...now, he has my money. What I don't have is a complete product. Now, again, I'm trying to be patient, I'm trying to be reasonable, but it's been 3 weeks since release and we have heard NOTHING from the actual Zygor team in weeks.
                            As I said, this is nothing personal. I'm sure the whole team are good, hard working people, but I'm a paying customer and I deserve some real answers with real information about when the product I was promised and paid for will be complete. I'm not asking for any special dispensation, just the full product that I paid for and am entitled to.

Thanks again for your attention.

FatDaddyBaker

Comment

I understand what your saying, but I think the waiting has skewed your time judgment. The guides and Cata were only released 2 weeks ago, not 3, and the last update was only 4 days ago. I know there's a lot of frustration when waiting for something, especially when you've already paid your hard earned money for it, but I can guarantee that the lack of info from Zygor is simply because they're trying their hardest to get stuff fixed as fast as possible and currently are probably only skimming the forums quickly now and then in the hopes that we moderators can take care of most of the problem issues that aren't related to the SIS. All I can offer at this point is to ask that you have some more patience as I know that once it's all fixed you will be ecstatic with how wonderful the guides work when they're working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                                The guides and Cata were only released 2 weeks ago, not 3, and the last update was only 4 days ago.
                                You're right, my bad. Not 3 weeks, 2. And yes, the last update was 4 days ago, but had no mention of when one of the guides biggest selling points will be fixed. I DO hope they read this soon though, as patience is wearing thin.

Comment

Working...
                                X