Shadow Priest Talent advisor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow Priest Talent advisor

I'm curious as to why the talent advisor suggest that I take Improved Devouring Plague before Improved Mind Blast when I don't actually get Improved Devouring Plague until I reach level 28 while I already have Mind Blast. Also, why can't the addon remember which spec I've chosen rather than ask me to configure the talent advisor every time I log in?

thanks

The team has said they are working on the Talent Advisor now. Don't know if it will be in the next update or not but they have said it will be soon.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The advisor sometimes suggests spending talent points in things you get a bit later so that you have them maxed when they are available. I think there's a similar thing with Heroic Strike in a warrior build. You spend points in a talent so that you benefit from it when getting Heroic Strike.

Comment

That is the one thing that really is annoying about the guides. The talent builds and glyph suggestions are not very good. I hope they do fix that in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by darkplaces View Post
          That is the one thing that really is annoying about the guides. The talent builds and glyph suggestions are not very good. I hope they do fix that in the future.
          It would be helpful to mention what it is about the adviser and/or the glyph suggestions you dont care for. Saying "it broke, fix it" might lead to changes that you would consider worse.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
            It would be helpful to mention what it is about the adviser and/or the glyph suggestions you dont care for. Saying "it broke, fix it" might lead to changes that you would consider worse.
            Take your pick. Retribution and Holy Paladin are wrong. Beastmaster and Survival Hunter are wrong. Shadow and Holy Priest are wrong. Arcane and Frost mage are wrong. Those are just the ones I have used leveling. Before Cata I know assasination, Combat rogue, and all 3 of the warrior suggestions were wrong (only used the guide to take 5 chars to 80.) Not going to be specific because it is not my job to research things for them...just look at those talent builds than search on the web. Some are not even close and have you spend points in things that don't give you any benefit in leveling for 10 sometimes 20 levels or more. I know the argument will be you need that cert to open up the next tear...which is not the case.

I just think if they are going to spend so much time on making such a nice step by step questing guide they can do a little research and take some time on the glyphs and talent recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by darkplaces View Post
              I just think if they are going to spend so much time on making such a nice step by step questing guide they can do a little research and take some time on the glyphs and talent recommendations.
              Recently we have been working on the new Smart Injection System, free Loremaster Guide, new user interface and cleaning up some funny bugs in the updates. We will get to this and it should be updated soon.
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Remember that many specs on the web are for endgame content.
                I often used talents not in the "progamer" builds because they are simply useless when running around alone and onehitting every mob you encounter.
                When questing most talents regarding DoTs are not necessary. I am even unable to fight more than two mobs with a warlock because when I start casting DoTs on a third one the first is already down.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                  Recently we have been working on the new Smart Injection System, free Loremaster Guide, new user interface and cleaning up some funny bugs in the updates. We will get to this and it should be updated soon.
                  I have no doubt you will. I look forward to it. I also think Cartman makes a great point about your talent suggestions not being "endgame" builds when you do get around to improving them. I agree 100% that end game pve raiding builds are not always the best for leveling.

Comment

And WoW has become too easy, yesterday I forgot to distribute talent points, I had 6 points I forgot to put into and did not go to the class trainer since I left Darkshore (I'm now in Theramore and luckily there's a trainer)

Comment

Working...
                    X