No Longer worth the Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Longer worth the Money

Since Dragonflight Pre-Patch and now release there have been nothing but issues with this addon. It is constantly causing errors in the game. For example, if you are on a quest that requires you to click an item on a mob to complete the quest....You have to click on the icon in the Zygor guide if you click on the Blizzard UI action button it will get a pop up saying action is being Blocked by an Add-on. Second example. I fished up a clam the other day and couldn't open it because it was being blocked by Zygor.

Last but not least, There are no updated profession guides for Shadowlands. So you are on your own there. Up until Dragonflight this add-on has been AMAZING but now since Dragonflight has launched....It is FAR more pain than what it is worth and being out performed by free add-ons like Questie and such.

Fully Agree.

Main point right now is for sure those crashes and bugs, i have to /reload every 10 minutes or whenever i join PVP combat.

It's a godly pain in the ass.

Also i know and i can see the Guide is out of date in a lot of contents, for example, when you start to hunt some mounts (aeonaxx is one of then)

The guide is becoming lazy, you still don't have a reputation guide for some factions, profession guide are out of date, and we still don't have one for DF.

This was my lat sub for sure untill i see real changes.

Comment

I unfortunately have to agree with the above. After monitoring the Forums for quite a while with a non-active subscription, I see a lot of support provided by the Support person of Zygor, but fixes and content take extremely long for a paid service. Once I saw the overhaul, I wanted to give it a try. It was the perfect moment with the Dragonflight expansion.

Either the Zygor team is very small, or the passion is slowly fading away. There are amazing AddOns for World of Warcraft that I make use of and participate in their Discord servers and they are providing fixes and new additions to the AddOn on a daily basis. Zygor on the other hand, is 10$ a month / 99$ a year AddOn and that can be quite some money for some people. Time and money are precious, and it should be respected.

If content can't be produced in time, or there are circumstances, that should be communicated with the community. Respect their time and money. I don't see Zygor expanding as a product either. It's been very limited and constant of what it has been for several years. There are plenty of things Zygor could offer that could increase the value of the product by a ton and attract more players.

Here is one example of what Zygor could provide that would be massive;
      - There are a ton of Completionists in World of Warcraft, and each one of them use ALLTHETHINGS AddOn. What if Zygor focused on the Completionist side of things as well? Providing optimized guides/routes on completing all the quests in each zone/continent that also supports Breadcrumb quests, and all the other things that are part of the whole completionist mode.

There are a ton of cool things Zygor could expand into. I hope to see Zygor grow more in the future and considering this idea. It's a great Addon but it needs more love. I also noticed that constructive negative reviews are not being replied to which makes it look bad if only questions or positive things are answered.

This will unfortunately be my last subscription as well until I see some passion into to the product again.

Comment

Funny how support; or owner themselves (if they ever respond to anything) hasn't responded to this -- yet support responded pretty quick to a post praising the guide.

Comment

I have to agree. I have had nothing but issues. Had been a couple years since I was on WoW and used this, but came back to check things out and had enjoyed this guide back then so got it again. But has been a few times I had to reload the UI because I couldn't even press my hotkey to do an ability on my hotbar (kept saying Zygor blocked the action). No idea what caused it, but it has happened a few times in the past week. Think it is about time to search around for free addons and donate to the good ones that do similar stuff as Zygor. Hate doing it, but if they can't even respond to criticism like this then there is no reason to stick around.

Comment

I play wow on and off and always used zygor when i played but now i did regret having zygor so many things are still missing after 4 weeks, Loads of the guides could had been written in the beta phase My sub ran out a few days ago and i won't resub till all missing things for df are added till then i will just use free addons and written guides

Comment

Yep definitely not worth it anymore. Having issues with old mounts guides , its sending me in wrong directions. DF campaign no ETA for that. No profession added yet for DF. Whats the point in adding it months later

Comment

I saw this addon while watching a video on YouTube and was curious so I came here, I have to say that after reading this post I decided to skip it and went back to playing WoW the normal way. After a day or so I decided that I might as well give it a try and I am so happy that I did! I'm sorry that you seem to be having some issues with interacting with quest items and getting errors, but I don't have that issue. I know that when Dragonflight first dropped I had many addon issues and I disabled the ones that were causing my problems and I haven't had any issues since. I would definitely recommend this addon, and I completely think that it is worth the marginal price that they charge as it appears that a LOT of work went into it. I haven't had to look up a quest once, because the instructions are right there and easy to follow. This addon is a must for people like me who really like to level.

Comment

Wow, I came here hoping for some relief from the constant LUA errors. I resisted paying for Zygor Guides for years and then, when I finally broke down and did it, I was in love! Until now:
                  ...erface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/UiWidgets/Button.lua:89: bad argument #1 to 'unpack' (table expected, got no value)
                  Time: Sun Dec 25 10:38:19 2022
                  Count: 1
                  Stack: ...erface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/UiWidgets/Button.lua:89: bad argument #1 to 'unpack' (table expected, got no value)
                  [string "=[C]"]: in function `unpack'
                  [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/UiWidgets/Button.lua"]:89: in function <...erface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/UiWidgets/Button.lua:45>
                  [string "=(tail call)"]: ?
                  [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/NotificationCenter.lua"]:263: in function `CreateFloatingFrame'
                  [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Item-Upgrades.lua"]:1702: in function `LayoutFloaty'
                  [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/StaticPopups.lua"]:508: in function `ShowPopup'
                  [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/StaticPopups.lua"]:537: in function `QueuePop'
                  [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/StaticPopups.lua"]:560: in function `QueuePush'
                  [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/StaticPopups.lua"]:136: in function `Show'
                  [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Item-Upgrades.lua"]:1834: in function `ShowEquipmentChangePopup'
                  [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Item-Upgrades.lua"]:1050: in function `ProcessPossibleUpgrades'
                  [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Item-Upgrades.lua"]:1020: in function `func'
                  [string "@Interface/AddOns/DataStore/libs/AceTimer-3.0/AceTimer-3.0.lua"]:57: in function <.../AddOns/DataStore/libs/AceTimer-3.0/AceTimer-3.0.lua:50>

Locals: (*temporary) = "table expected, got no value"

<sigh>

C'mon Zygor, help me to stay and keep giving you my money! At least explain what's going on, yeah?

Thanks.

Comment

I see Datastore mentioned in that error. Do you get the error if all other addons are disabled?
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I have been a fairly steady user of the addon since mid SL. But I was very disappointed when DF launched. The leveling was only for characters. No profession and very limited number of world quests updated. I used to pay for it, but as the quote states, it's just not worth the money anymore. Looking at the changelog, there hasn't been an update since December 16 which was the winter event. I'm disappointed, cause this used to be good, but when needed they failed to deliver.

I would have happily paid, but as it is now, i'm saving my addon usage for something far more valuable.

Originally posted by Bakkstabber View Post
                      Since Dragonflight Pre-Patch and now release there have been nothing but issues with this addon. It is constantly causing errors in the game. For example, if you are on a quest that requires you to click an item on a mob to complete the quest....You have to click on the icon in the Zygor guide if you click on the Blizzard UI action button it will get a pop up saying action is being Blocked by an Add-on. Second example. I fished up a clam the other day and couldn't open it because it was being blocked by Zygor.

Last but not least, There are no updated profession guides for Shadowlands. So you are on your own there. Up until Dragonflight this add-on has been AMAZING but now since Dragonflight has launched....It is FAR more pain than what it is worth and being out performed by free add-ons like Questie and such.

Comment

Originally posted by m3nc3 View Post
                        I have been a fairly steady user of the addon since mid SL. But I was very disappointed when DF launched. The leveling was only for characters. No profession and very limited number of world quests updated. I used to pay for it, but as the quote states, it's just not worth the money anymore. Looking at the changelog, there hasn't been an update since December 16 which was the winter event. I'm disappointed, cause this used to be good, but when needed they failed to deliver.

I would have happily paid, but as it is now, i'm saving my addon usage for something far more valuable.

I am with you. I am not sure if I am going to renew.

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
                          I see Datastore mentioned in that error. Do you get the error if all other addons are disabled?
                          Thanks for the follow up. When I disable my other addons, I get these messages:

Message: ...erface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/UiWidgets/Button.lua:89: bad argument #1 to 'unpack' (table expected, got no value)
                          Time: Wed Dec 28 22:15:52 2022
                          Count: 1
                          Stack: ...erface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/UiWidgets/Button.lua:89: bad argument #1 to 'unpack' (table expected, got no value)
                          [string "=[C]"]: in function `unpack'
                          [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/UiWidgets/Button.lua"]:89: in function <...erface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/UiWidgets/Button.lua:45>
                          [string "=(tail call)"]: ?
                          [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/NotificationCenter.lua"]:263: in function `CreateFloatingFrame'
                          [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Item-Upgrades.lua"]:1702: in function `LayoutFloaty'
                          [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/StaticPopups.lua"]:508: in function `ShowPopup'
                          [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/StaticPopups.lua"]:537: in function `QueuePop'
                          [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/StaticPopups.lua"]:560: in function `QueuePush'
                          [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/StaticPopups.lua"]:136: in function `Show'
                          [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Item-Upgrades.lua"]:1834: in function `ShowEquipmentChangePopup'
                          [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Item-Upgrades.lua"]:1050: in function `ProcessPossibleUpgrades'
                          [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Item-Upgrades.lua"]:1020: in function `func'
                          [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Libs/AceTimer-3.0/AceTimer-3.0.lua"]:55: in function <...ZygorGuidesViewer/Libs/AceTimer-3.0/AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>

Locals: (*temporary) = "table expected, got no value"

Comment

Ok, we've narrowed that down to the stealth skin and it should be fixed in the next update we send out. If you swap over to the starlight skin for now it should get rid of the error until that next update comes out.
                            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
                              Ok, we've narrowed that down to the stealth skin and it should be fixed in the next update we send out. If you swap over to the starlight skin for now it should get rid of the error until that next update comes out.
                              It's working great now, since I switched to the starlight skin.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X