Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cataclysm Dungeon Entrances

Zygor,

Could you put steps into the guides to move to the entrances of the Cataclysm dungeons so they're unlocked?

Guild chat -- "hey, we got a tank, a healer, and some dps on, lets queue for some dungeons."
    <"you've been invited">
    party leader -- "no cataclysm dungeons are available for this group. what places has everyone found?"
    me -- "I got to find my way there before I can queue?"

Need to take the mole machine from Hyjal (then come right back) for Blackrock.
    Need to go down to the bottom of the whirlpool in Valsh'ir for Throne of the Tides.
    Need to visit the three spots in Uldum.
    Need to fly up to the entry in Deepholm to Stonecore.
    Need to fly up to the enry to Grim Batol while in Twilight Highlands.

Would have been much easier to do it while I was in those zones rather than going back later to pick them up.

Not a bad idea. They could be added to the guides before you leave the questing zone or when you do some quests close to the entrances. Remember when i hit 85 i had to go and find half of them. Didn't take to long but could have been avoided most of it if i had done it when i quested there. ( and had no idea i had to discover the entrances before i hit 85 )
    Worgen Hunter - 85
    Night Elf Rogue - 85
    Draenei Paladin - 85
    Dwarf Shaman - 60 ( Paused )

And soon more ^^

Comment

Yep... this would be a very nice addition and shouldn't take too much to work to do it. Just find the closest point that the guide passes to the entrances and add a step - "If you want to discover the entrance to XXX, go to this location, if not desired at this time, skip this step"...
      * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Agreed, this would be pretty helpful. I missed one dungeon entrance even though I entered the dungeon. It was Halls of Origination, I used the wrong entrance to the house, not the backdoor where the summoning stone is.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
          Agreed, this would be pretty helpful. I missed one dungeon entrance even though I entered the dungeon. It was Halls of Origination, I used the wrong entrance to the house, not the backdoor where the summoning stone is.
          I actually did the same thing. But got lucky by getting turned around and exited through the "backdoor" where I got the "you've discovered..." message and the dungeon finder removed the lock icon.

+1 vote on this from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
            It's good to see that the Mods here aren't afraid to show their own opinion along with the other forum users rather than just tote a line like "if the idea gets enough support and it fits within their scope, then Zygor will probably add it".

Thanks!
            * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

As we mods are normal players and sometimes are as stupid as everyone else we have the same needs as other customers.
              Just including a simple text step with a goto is pretty easy.
              It's such small things that make the guide better for everyone.
              But maybe Cabby is already working on a dungeon entrance guide after he finished his famous flight point guide

Comment

It's not finished yet Still have to go through the 60-85 portion too eventually.
                I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.
                Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Haha, I don't have the toons available to do the 70+ content for FPs, at least not do them and survive. I don't currently have any plans to expand the FP guide past level 60, and I don't have any plans for doing a small guide for the dungeon entrances in the 5 Cata zones.
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

A flight point guide for the 60+ content is not really necessary at the moment.
                    Either all characters have most of them because they needed to quest in the zones. Or it is difficult to get them because of phasing (Storm Peaks, Icecrown).

I may take a look at the dungeon entrances for the Cataclysm zones.
                    Did they change all dungeons so that you need to discover them to enter them? Or does this only affect Cataclysm dungeons? I remember they messed the WotLK dungeons up so that level 80 characters needed to discover them to enter them but they fixed that. I don't know if they fixed that by activating all dungeons on level 80 characters though.

Comment

I believe having to find the entrances is only for Cata stuff. I know the 1-60 dungeons are still no need to find and I believe the BC dungeons don't need to be found either.

Comment

as far as i have seen you're right. Only cata ones are required to find the entrance. Most likely cause they are the "new"
                        Worgen Hunter - 85
                        Night Elf Rogue - 85
                        Draenei Paladin - 85
                        Dwarf Shaman - 60 ( Paused )

And soon more ^^

Comment

I had a couple toons recently that had to discover the Wailing Caverns entrance before it would allow me to queue for it which was odd cause I was able to queue for Ragefire Chasm.I think I had created an Alliance toon on Eastern Kingdoms.I will see if I another that is close to 15 to see what happens now and update with what I found out.
                          You just keep doin' what it looks like you're supposed to be doin', no matter how crazy it seems.

Comment

I don't know if it's all of them or not but you do have to discover the dungeons in the old world. Except for like Ragefire Chasm and Stocades that are in Stormwind and Orgrrimar those are automatiically added because of that.
                            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.
                            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

But that would apparently only be if you select a specific one because I've run random WC dungeons, along with others, since Cata came out.

Comment

Working...
                              X