Minor guide install issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor guide install issue

Currently, I own the Alliance and Horde Leveling and Loremaster guides up through WoD. I do also own Dailies and Events and Professions and Achievements up through MoP. In effort to lower the amount of guides I have in my install, I deselected all but the Leveling and Loremaster in the "Products" section of the installer, including deselecting the trial guides. That's all I currently want to load in game.

Even after a clean install and deleting the settings files for Zygor, the guides for:

Dungeons: Pandaria Scenarios
    Achievements: Pet Battle Systems and Exploration Achievements
    Pets: Mounts and Pet

They get loaded. I can get rid of the Pandaria scenarios manually, by deleting the lua folder for dungeons, but the other ones must be somewhere else because they keep loading.

I realize I could just ignore them, but if I can deselect certain guides as an option in the installer, I feel I shouldn't have to see them in game. I'd particularly like to not see the pet stuff as I will never use those guides.

Thanks for looking into this.

I'm curious why you're trying to eliminate loading of the guides? The extra onces you're referring to as still loading should be taking up very little in the way of memory. The ones you still see are part of the common files that you can't deselect and you can't get rid of those files or you'll cause a lot of guides to stop working properly.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

If they are part of the core guides and in such a way required, no harm done. I figured that might be the case. If I can turn an option off that I don't use in any addon, or customize it, I prefer to do so. I like the fact I can turn many of the features in Zygor on or off as I need them.

For example, I don't use the model viewer so I turn it off. Since I don't use the guides mentioned, I wouldn't load them. Just a personal quirk/preference of mine. Just making sure it wasn't something I was doing wrong.

Thanks for explaining.

Comment

Working...
      X