OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zygor database compromised - accounts created using Zygor email for other services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor database compromised - accounts created using Zygor email for other services

At some point, prior to January 18th 2021, it appears that the Zygor systems have been compromised, leaking user account credentials.

I follow the best practice of using <service>@domain email addresses, for the exact reason, of knowing when a site has been breached.

This account was created on August 31, 2018, well after the known hack in 2011.

---

On January 18th 2021, the email address I had ONLY used for Zygor was used to create a Netflix account in Brazil:

lSQLrq2.png

Zygor was contacted through their offline live chat system on January 19th, but no response was received.

---

On May 26th 2021, the same email address was used to create an account on the Russian music streaming service "sber-zvuk"

AayPWBc.png

I highly recommend all users immediately update their credentials for this site, and be vigilant with any accounts they did not create themselves showing up in their inbox
Working...
X