Client no longer installs guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client no longer installs guides

Whenever trying to update the guides using the client I keep getting a "failed to write update file to an installation" error ever since this week. I think one of your updates broke Linux compatibility when using Lutris (wine front end). To make things even weirder, updating WoW Retail Gold Trend data works fine.

I have tried installing to a fresh wineprefix (essentially installing on a fresh windows install as far as the .exe is concerned), switching from the default Lutris wine version to the system wine version, setting Windows version to 10 (it defaults to 7), and installing every java version openjdk has on the official Manjaro repos.

I also ran a
    Code:
    [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]chmod 777 /games/World\ of\ Warcraft/ -R[/COLOR][/FONT]
    just to be sure rwx access was available if Lutris somehow started running Zygor as a different user.

It worked without fail for more than a year and now none of the steps suggested in other threads seem to work. Downloading the guides manually and unzipping in the Imterface/AddOns folder works fine and WoW itself encounters no errors, so it seems it's something with the installation/update process of the client that is going wrong.

Has anyone managed to fix this and if so, how?
    Altoholic and proud of it!

Babylon 5 quotes:
    • "Touch passion when it comes your way. It's rare enough as it is. Don't walk away when it calls you by name."
    • "Power beckons, and who among us is strong enough to ignore its siren song?"
    • "No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."

Why not just use the unofficial Linux client? https://zygorguides.com/forum/forum/...-linux-updates
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I had no problems using the Windows client before and the last time I saw the thread, the Linux client was still in the works. I just downloaded it, pointed it to my WoW installs and it ran better than the Windows version did!

Will follow that thread as well in case new updates come out as these images tend to be of "fix only when unexpectedly broken" type. Still, it should work until the release of wrath or some update on your back end, so thanks for pointing that option out.
      Altoholic and proud of it!

Babylon 5 quotes:
      • "Touch passion when it comes your way. It's rare enough as it is. Don't walk away when it calls you by name."
      • "Power beckons, and who among us is strong enough to ignore its siren song?"
      • "No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."

Comment

Working...
      X