This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZygorGuides_Updater shows new version.. but won't update

Hi guys, anyone else having the problem where the ZygorGuides_Updater shows you that there is a newer version availabe, but when you click update it loads the bar quickly, then does nothing to the actual install? Manually installing it each time at the moment, which isn't a problem...
    I have had a quick check on here for answers, but didn't find anything, so please don't flame me too hard if I missed it thanks

Is it by chance being blocked by any firewall?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Same problem here too. I'm on Vers 3.0.1550 and can't get Vers 3.0.1553 update.
      Tried repairing and running as administrator but no luck.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Having same issue maybe thats why i cant see 80-85 guides yet

Comment

Originally posted by deathwatcher View Post

Hope this helps.
          Exact same problem here. Though in game all seems to be fine.

Comment

heads up for ppl who posted here.

theres now a update Vers 3.0.1554 which installs. [ atleast it did for me ]

Happy Questing

Comment

Hope this helps.
              I was having the same issue.

heads up for ppl who posted here.

theres now a update Vers 3.0.1554 which installs. [ atleast it did for me ]

Happy Questing
              Thanks, this update worked :

Comment

I have downloaded the latest version, and have removed all the old stuff including anything zygor in the WTF folder.

After a completely fresh install and then installing the updater in the wow folder and creating a shortcut on the desktop (which I gave 'run as admin' permissions), it still says there is an update but won't download and install it. You see the first time it runs that it shows an error message that appears for an instant (although it's not readable as it appears that fast then goes).

I have checked the firewall (using bitdefender) and it's allowed access on all ports (currently running in game mode). I do have a hardware firewall, so can anyone tell me the port it uses to update? (if it's a specific one).

Comment

Originally posted by djay7 View Post
                  I have checked the firewall (using bitdefender) and it's allowed access on all ports (currently running in game mode). I do have a hardware firewall, so can anyone tell me the port it uses to update? (if it's a specific one).
                  The problem is most likely Bit Defender. Disable it entirely and see if you still have problems. We have heard reports that it blocks certain software even if you allow access.
                  Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

i cant update aswell

Comment

I have 3.0.1571 installed and it says that 3.0.1572 is available to download. But when I click update it will start then stop and not install the update.

I am running as administrator and there is no firewall blocking it.

Comment

updater issue

Issue is happening here. Just re-installed... it updated to 3.0.1571, but it shows 3.0.1.1572 is available. Click update, and it goes thru the motions, but keeps showing 1572 is latest, but current is 1571...

I know you guys are working hard, and thanks for everything so far... made my life easier.

Please advise when you can.

Comment

This is now fixed. New version is 1573.

Kam edit: .1577 as of this post
                          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                          X