This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought & installed Zygors bundle, now cannot log into WoW

Was playing for a few hours. Quit the game and made the Zygors purchase. Installed using the auto installer. Relaunched WoW - keep getting "unable to connect. please try again later. if the problem persists contact technical support".

Strange problem - was playing fine for hours prior to Zygor install, now cannot connect. Have disabled firewall, still cannot connect. Have rebooted PC, restarted broadband connection - still no WoW....

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

That message is most common if Blizzard is having a problem with their servers or have servers down for any kind of maintenance. Another possibility is a problem with your ISP. A quick visit to the WoW website doesn't show any immediate problems so maybe give it a few and try again, or even reboot your system and then try again.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Doh, just saw that you already rebooted.

Can you log into your battle-net account thru the web browser?

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
        Doh, just saw that you already rebooted.

Can you log into your battle-net account thru the web browser?
        Hi Cabby - thanks for your fast replies.

Internet is working fine, and I have logged into my Battlenet account and checked that all is good there. Deleted the Zygors folders out of the addons folder, not that it should have made any difference, still no luck.

Barthilas server appears as up, internet connection is fine, have tried without firewall still with no luck. Very odd indeed - using windows vista if thats of any help.

Comment

Now running the Blizzard repair application to see if that helps...

Comment

Hmm... have you done any port forwarding for the WoW client in your router? If you had there's a possibility that the router reset for some reason and lost the forwarding to your computer.

Being able to log into your battle-net account means that the login servers are up so there's something blocking your WoW client from accessing them.

Also do a good scan for any viruses and make sure nothing got changed in your proxy settings (Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN settings button > should be set to automatically detect settings.)

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              make sure nothing got changed in your proxy settings (Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN settings button > should be set to automatically detect settings.)
              Mate - had a look at the LAN settings, auto detect had become unticked..........ticked it and logged straight in. How it got unticked I have no idea, but you are a champ Cabby - cheers

Comment

Glad to hear it's working for you again. I'm going to close this thread to mark it as resolved. If you have any more problems in the future please don't hesitate to post them here in the Technical Support section of the forums.

Comment

Working...
                X