World Quest guide not calculating optimised path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Quest guide not calculating optimised path

In BfA & Legion, when I selected all world quests in the world quest planner and clicked "go", the guide viewer would calculate an efficient path through all that I had selected and would then guided me through them.

Now in Shadowlands, the same actions result in the guide viewer taking me through the world quests in the order that they are listed in the planner rather than the most efficient path. This results in an incredibly inefficient path.

Thanks!

The World Quest planner only has minimal optimization: it will have you do the WQ's in the current zone you're in first, then it goes to the next zone, does all the quests there, then goes to the next zone, and so on.

We just did a test, queuing up quests in Revendreth, Bastion, and Ardenweald, the latter zone we were currently in. It correctly did the Ardenweald quests first, then led us to Bastion, so it seems to be working as well as it can.

You'll need to explain what you find inefficient about it, and the more specific examples you can provide the better.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Doing Legion WQs, the guide seemed to work me through Azsuna from south to north, then moving into Val'sharah and doing the same, then moving to Highmountain and moving from west to east, then Stormheim etc. Essentially carving a path across the map that involved minimal doubling back.

For Shadowlands WQs I've witnessed the guide take me to Old Gate in Revendreth to complete a WQ, then down to Wanecrypt Hill, then back to Old Gate to complete another WQ that was on the list from the beginning, rather than having me complete both Old Gate WQs before sending me to Wanecrypt Hill.

I hope that makes sense, there is of course a chance that the Legion WQ guide just happened to make a very efficient path by chance, and that same dice roll is just giving me trash in Shadowlands, haha!

Comment

Working...
      X