"Loading..." bug after updating to 8.0.24178

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Loading..." bug after updating to 8.0.24178

I am randomly getting a bug in which the Zygor Guides main viewer window just says "Loading..." and the only way to fix it is to /reloadui. Sometimes it happens when I'm loading into the game, sometimes when zoning, sometimes when just flying from one zone to another on a taxi. When it happens, it freezes and there are no controls or anything...and it never fixes itself (see screenshot below.)

If you're not sure what's causing this, could there perhaps be a button added during "Loading..." times that would have it manually check to see if it should be loading and/or provide some debugging information that we could give you? (There are no Lua errors as far as I can tell right now.) Another idea would be to have a setting to have the addon work as it did previously (without a "Loading" screen at any time.) I honestly think it was a rather needless addition, to be honest.

And, again, this only started with today's update and it can be fixed by /reloadui ...but, it happens multiple times in the same session, so it's rather inconvenient.

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by Cerec; February 2, 2021, 09:43 PM. Reason: Add tags

I'm also experiencing it, most recently, when updating interface options to display my name for a screenshot
    Attached Files

Comment

I just had it also happen after going AFK and returning. (I have ElvUI which does a special AFK thing with the screen, etc.)

Comment

It seems to happen to me every time I zone. And yes reloading the UI fixes it until I zone again.

Comment

We'll check into this.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Just another confirmation it seems to happen anytime after a cutscene too. BUT, I discovered something interesting with this time: I'm doing the necrolord campaign and I was on a quest that had a cutscene, when I finished the cutscene, it was stuck on "Loading..." ...but, when I accepted the next two quests (i.e., what would make the guide go to the next step) ...it fixed itself without a /reloadui. So, it seems that if you can do whatever would be required to go to the next step in the guide, it will fix itself (at least, it did in this instance.)

Comment

Happening here as well. Everytime I zone the Zygor window says loading, and the only way to fix is the /reloadui. Not game breaking, but the constant need to reload the ui is incredibly annoying.

Comment

yep seems to happen every time the viewer needs to close for any reason. If you untick the show progress in the guid viewer settings the wording will change from loading to blah. has to be a bug.

Comment

I get it too when I close current tab even though there are other tabs to switch to. It says loading... with ONLY the "X" to close, and closing does not reset it. I was going nuts until I came here and saw /reloadui would reset it.

Comment

Also getting this but am also getting LUA error (started today). I sometimes have my Zygor guide "off" using the "Z" button on the mini map. When I click to turn it on, I'm getting this LUA plus the "Loading" every one else is getting.

Message: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ActionBar.lua:5 6: attempt to index field 'CurrentStep' (a nil value)
                    Time: Tue Feb 2 22:59:57 2021
                    Count: 5
                    Stack: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ActionBar.lua:5 6: attempt to index field 'CurrentStep' (a nil value)
                    [string "=[C]"]: ?
                    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ActionBar .lua "]:56: in function `SetActionButtons'
                    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ActionBar .lua "]:267: in function `ToggleFrame'
                    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuid esVi ewer.lua"]:2646: in function `ToggleFrame'
                    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorMapI con. lua"]:57: in function `oclick'

Comment

PXBfmJH.png
                      Same issue

Comment

same thing happening to me as well

Comment

Can also confirm that since the update I am also experiencing this issue. A /realodui does not always fix it for me though...usually will have to quit the game to get it to show for a few seconds then only to revert back to "loading". Uninstall/deletion of addon/saved variables does not resolve the issue.

At this point the addon is unusable - help!

Comment

Me too at 12.01am in Australia. Very strange, happened after raid when I logged off a couple of hours ago and log in again. Done that twice...still the same! Yes unusable right when I want to do dailies and such. EDIT: /reload ui did bring it back up for me but what is broken? When you have to go to another area again you have to hit reload. Please investigate.
                            Last edited by swhibb; February 3, 2021, 07:52 AM.

Comment

This should be fixed in the latest update.
                              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                              X