Feature Request: Enable Action Bar only when item being used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Enable Action Bar only when item being used

Prior to Zygor Guides version 8, the "Action Bar" would only appear when there was an quest item that you needed to use. But now, the bar exists all the time and has needless things in it such as an icon to talk to an NPC (why do we need this?)

So, now it's an awful choice: you either enable the bar all the time so that it's there when you have a quest that uses an item, or you disable the bar and never get any action buttons. In other words, I'd like to request an option that would make the guide work as it did previously: the action bar only shows up when you need it (i.e., it only shows up when there is an item in your bags that you need to use.)

Also, while I'm writing this, I have to admit that I'm not sure what the difference in the settings are between "Enable Action Buttons" and "Enable Action Bar" from a practical standpoint. For example, if you look at the following video, which is from the quest "Aerial Advantage", both the bar and the button are affected by both settings the same.

Action button / bar settings seem to be off a little at the moment. We're looking into this.

As for the "talk" and "kill enemy" buttons, those are for auto targeting NPCs, which some people like being able to do. You can turn these settings off if you don't like them,
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I like having the talk and kill eneamy buttons. Since there is the option to have these on or off, it's not an issue but glad it is in there :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
        As for the "talk" and "kill enemy" buttons, those are for auto targeting NPCs, which some people like being able to do. You can turn these settings off if you don't like them,
        Hmm...where is/are the specific setting(s) for this? I basically want for the viewer to work as it did before version 8, which would mean having the action bar only appear when there is an item to be used. If there is a setting to disable the "talk" and "kill enemy" buttons without disabling the entire bar and/or the "item" buttons, please let me know.

The item button is useful because your inventory is not normally visible. The "talk" or "kill enemy" buttons seem extraneous to me since the text of the guide tells me what to do and the mobs are already visible on the screen.

Comment

They are in your video under Button Types.

Comment

Originally posted by xerty View Post
            They are in your video under Button Types.
            Oh …haha! I have no idea how I didn't notice that!

So yea, I think that's pretty much what I was requesting in this thread in the first place ...I just didn't notice the settings were there to do it already.

Comment

Working...
            X