Viewer isn't registering distances consistently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewer isn't registering distances consistently

I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but I've noticed in the past couple of weeks that the Zygor viewer is being weird about distances. In other words, it often tells you to use the flight whistle when you're very close to the destination, etc.

Here is a screenshot showing what I mean. I'm standing right in front of the destination (as you can see from the viewer) and it's still telling me to use the flight whistle.

WoWScrnShot_110920_225752.gif

I don't have any guesses as to what is going on; however, I suspect it has something to do with flying in zones for which flying wasn't possible at BfA release. But, that's just a wild guess.

Most likely that step has some hidden lines (can see them if you click the footprint icon on the guide viewer) for ground traveling directions from the previous step. It is probably stuck trying to take you to a path much farther away from where you are in order to lead you to where you are. When you see it do something like this try clicking the red line for accept or turn in and see if that changes it to point to where you expect. If it does that means it had a hidden precise travel line that it was stuck on trying to get you to that point.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
      Most likely that step has some hidden lines (can see them if you click the footprint icon on the guide viewer) for ground traveling directions from the previous step. It is probably stuck trying to take you to a path much farther away from where you are in order to lead you to where you are. When you see it do something like this try clicking the red line for accept or turn in and see if that changes it to point to where you expect. If it does that means it had a hidden precise travel line that it was stuck on trying to get you to that point.
      Perhaps there should be an option in the viewer that you could choose for "I have flying unlocked for all flyable zones", and then the viewer would ignore all "precise travel line" things and just work "simply" from destination-to-destination.

I've noticed, in the last two or three expansions, that the Zygor Guides Viewer is not very good once I have unlocked flying, that's for sure. It seems there should be a way to indicate that one has flying enabled, even if the addon API cannot ascertain this information automatically.

Comment

Working...
      X