Waypoint Arrow vs accidental clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waypoint Arrow vs accidental clicking

There used to be an option called something like "Click pass through" which caused accidental clicks on the waypoint arrow to be ignored. This was great for spastic players such as myself (being visually impaired I have a difficult time actually seeing the cursor).

Recent changes, however, have brought in the display of information when the arrow is clicked, be it intentional or not. Add to this that there seems to be no way to make that pop-up go away (I see no X button) it is annoying and sometimes gets me in trouble.

Beside which I don't really know what value this new action adds to the guide.

The rightclick windows of the waypoint is to access some options.
    If it is neccessary can be discussed, I think some people might find it helpful.
    Closing this is indeed a bit tricky, move the cursor into the window, then out and rightclick outside to close it.
    But what you are looking for is the arrow freeze option. You can set this by either using this option in the menu or go into the Zygor guide options, section waypoints, there you have the freeze arrow checkbox.

Comment

I do have the "Arroe Freeze" set. But I have at times gotten into bad situations in the early stage of a fight, before I'm in combat mode, by accidentally clicking the arrow and up comes that window.

One of the problems of "one size fits all" is that it doesn't really. What it does do is force some people to "put up with" things which annoy them. As the Zygor guides have developed, there seems to be more of a "one size fits all" attitude showing in the developers. Not that they are alone, since Blizzard is and has been moving along that path for a long time.

Comment

The arrow freeze should work out of combat. At least when I tested if to see what happens I had no problems with the menu then.
        Do you have the lasted guide installed? Maybe in an older version this was bugged.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
          The arrow freeze should work out of combat. At least when I tested if to see what happens I had no problems with the menu then.
          Do you have the lasted guide installed? Maybe in an older version this was bugged.
          ++

Yes, I have the latest guide, 3.0.1941.

I already had the "Freeze" selected, so I unselected and reselected, and Behold! the arrow was immune from inadvertent right-clicks. However, after exiting and reentering, it was back to its old trick.

This reminds me of another bug I reported a while ago. This one has to do with the fact that setting the Waypoint Arrow font size is not preserved. That is, it works right after setting it, but is reset after exiting and reentering. I traced this one to the fact that the font size value is not transferred to the Waypoint upon startup. I suspect the Freeze must set something that is not copiied on startup.

I know that some of this "special handling" at start up violates the dictates of "clean programming" because it often requires special start up code which makes the code more complicated to maintain. Yet it can be done in a way that simplifies maintenence. I'm not familiar enough with the UI language to make suggestions about how to do it.

Comment

Thanks for the information. We are aware of the freeze on the Waypointer being slightly reset when logging out. We will look into getting this fixed
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
              We are aware of the freeze on the Waypointer being slightly reset when logging out.
              It is called spring - things start to thaw
              QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
              The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
              X