Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Item Scoring Bug

Hello everybody,

the item scoring in the Zygor Classic Addon seems to be bugged. I've tried a few workarounds and looked at the source code but skills @ coding aren't the best so I couldn't find anything. MAybe it's just a localisation issue and nothing general.

Let me explaint the problem itself. I am usind the basic Fire - Mage scoring and I am comparing two items 8115 (equipped) and 10025 (in auction house).

Based on the Fire - Mage scoring, item 8115 should have a score of 2.057 and item 10025 should have a score of 0.99. So item 8115 should be nearly twice as good as item 10025.

But the Zygor Item Scoring tells me that item 10025 is an upgrade of 121.24%.

I tried to reset the scoring, swapped to other scorings and back, I relogged and used /console reloadui but nothing helped.
    WoWScrnShot_032021_102521.jpg
    Last edited by zentriefugal; March 20, 2021, 05:01 AM. Reason: added tags

Even with Arcane - Mage rating it tells me that item 10025 is better (and it has shadow damage on it).

WoWScrnShot_032021_110338.jpg

Comment

I believe that sometimes Blizzard tells us that those equip effects just have spell power and not that it's shadow spell power. If that is the case here then the gear system will see it as an extra 24 spell power and add to the score for that. You could try customizing the item score weights and remove all scores for the different spell power to see if that changes the scoring. If you do that you want to replace the spell power weight with a zero. If you just delete the score that will break the item score section of the settings. After doing the test with no spell power you will be able to reset the weights back to default with a button that will show up at the bottom of the weights.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

That leads me to one question, how does your addon get the item stats? Are these retrieved from an external database or are they determined live in the game?

Comment

They are requested from the game server.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Well... since Pawn shows it correctly and they probably call up the same sources, it should definitely be a bug in the Zygor add-on.

Comment

You can customize the item scoring settings. Not sure if you saw this feature, sorry if you already did. If you click the 3 lines in the top left on the guide, you will go into the Guide Menu>Settings on the guide itself, then you will see the section under Gear that is called Item Score. If you have used Simulationcraft to find your optimum stats, you can import a string from Raidbots.com here by pasting the string into the data field and clicking Import, or you can manually change the priorities of your item scores. ​Hope this helps! Item Score.JPG

Comment

I believe you are showing the Itemscore screen from the Retail version of Zygor. As far as I can tell the Classic version does not have an import feature or area to paste anything.

Comment

Zygor for classic has never been able to detect spell damage, let alone spell damage of specific types. when asked about it, i could completely ignored. 10/10 customer service.

Comment

Working...
                  X