Various errors in the Horde Leveling guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Various errors in the Horde Leveling guide

I've played a bunch of chars now in the semi-high level zones, and these problems are bugging me every single time I come across them. Fixes would be very much appreciated.

General problems with the Zygor Leveling Guide:
    - Generally speaking, the Hearthstone isn't utilized enough. Often the player isn't being told to change it, when coming to a new quest hub or returning to one again. Hinterlands (46-48) & Hinterlands (51-52) are perfect examples of this. You run/fly there, pick up some quests (flight point), and then run off to quest. Then later you'll be stranded at the other end of the zone, and having to run for 15 mins back to Revantusk Village or Tarren Mill, while your HS is set to Gadgetzhan or Orgrimmar. This is really bad, especially on a Shaman with basically 6 HS's per hour. The HS isn't so much about getting rested experience at an Inn, but many times is just for the convenience of reducing the time traveling.
    Solution: This should be a super easy and fast fix. Find all the places that tells you to move to a next quest hub, and check if the HS location is changed.

- The Quest cleanup function is dangerous, as it will delete completed and noncompleted quests alike. There should be a serious warning when using this function, instead of claiming that you can "safely" delete all these quests - Or even better - It shouldn't delete completed quests. This is literally harmful to your leveling experience.
    https://i.imgur.com/CDILLXu.jpg
    I once tried, that the guide told me to buy the Moonsteel Broadsword (for like 4g, which is a lot at that level btw) at the AH. It then proceeded to skip the step where I was suppose to hand it in, supposedly because I was ahead in levels. Then later when I used the cleanup function, it removed the quest (which was technically "complete"). so, I pretty much ended up running around with a Moonsteel Broadsword in my inventory for 10+ levels, before I caught on to this.
    This just shouldn't happen, ever. It makes the player waste gold, time, inventory space, and causes confusion. I've reported this specific instance before, but nothing has been done.
    Solution: If Zygor tells you to buy something, that quest should always be handed in, no exception. If the player is ahead of levels, make the guide skip the buying-step as well as the hand-in-step.

Hinterlands (46-48) - Step 18:
    Problem: The spot suggested to kill Scalpers is bad. There are barely any scalpers around The Altar of Zul. Lots of other mobs, you don't need instead, like Axe Throwers and Wolves.
    Solution: The player should instead continue to kill both Scalpers and Soothsayers around the small camps to the NE (With Step 9), until done with Scalpers. The Altar could be suggested later again (At step 18), if not finished with the Soothsayers.

Feralas (49-50) - Step 10:
    Problem: The Wandering Forest Walkers are never at the spots shown. They, funnily enough, wander around on long routes. Sitting at one spot, waiting for them to return can take up to 15-20 mins sometimes, EACH. Making the player farm for almost an hour because of missing information/bad info isn't a good solution.
    Solution: There are actually 4 Wandering Forest Walker spawns in the south side of the zone, not just two. Utilize all 4 and add more points to simulate their routes:
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/npc=7584/wan...-forest-walker

"Fishing (1-300)" - Step 19, & "Cooking + Fishing (1-300)" - Step 35:
    Problem: The exact spot told, is technically in Grom'gol and therefore doesn't count as "The Savage Coast". You'll never catch the quest fish, Savage Coast Blue Sailfin, at that spot.
    Solution: Move the spot 30 yards NW, so it's in The Savage Coast.

Tanaris (50-51):
    Problem: The player is never told to pick up the Field Testing Kit from the bank (Where it was commanded to be stored earlier in the leveling process). You can't test the samples, so you can't technically progress the quest nor the guide, for that matter.
    https://i.imgur.com/JCLTkLI.jpg
    Solution: While in Gadgetzhan, tell the player to pick up the Field Testing Kit from the bank, right before heading out (Step 37). You should also probably change your wording - Instead of saying "Not all of the samples will be acceptable", it would be much more accurate to say: "Most samples won't be acceptable", or "Only about 20% of all samples will be acceptable". The wording used atm makes it sound like 1 or 2 might not be acceptable, but you have to farm a TON of these - Over 100 in total to get the 3 x 8 acceptable samples needed.
    Attached Files
    https://i.imgur.com/CDILLXu.jpg
    Last edited by Razid; May 13, 2021, 10:00 AM.

We appreciate your support in bringing this to our attention. I have created a ticket for the team to review this information and see about making improvements. If you have any other findings along the way, please let us know. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
      X