OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you play classic zygor isnt worth the money.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you play classic zygor isnt worth the money.

The guides for classic are severely lacking in many respects. I am a big fan of zygor but I mainly play classic and they pretty disappointing. Having to use other addons to get functionality that used to be in zygor, which is not good enough in a paid addon.

What functionality do you feel is missing? The addons for retail and classic should have almost all of the same features, except where said features are not allowed by Blizzard on Classic.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Does that mean there wont be achievement guides in classic ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
        What functionality do you feel is missing? The addons for retail and classic should have almost all of the same features, except where said features are not allowed by Blizzard on Classic.
        theres alot missing from it from routes that dont even exist to the leveling guides recommending quests that i cant even pick up, i've been leveling in northrend since 70 and im always behind with this guide, i dont know how you guys are even selling it, its a shambles... the fact is its been like this since before prepatch and i leveled to 70 on fresh with countless problems with just leveling through the classic version of the game, bad routes and again telling me to do quests thats im not at the level to be doing, this is going to be my last sub i believe, there are guides out there that're well outperforming this, only thing i can really say is to step it up, if im following a guide mindlessly i dont want to have to think instead i have sit here scratching my head countless times wondering why my guide is telling me travel across the map to pick up a quest thats worth 0.5% exp, then it takes me the wrong route that doesnt exist anymore. im angry because you're wasting peoples time and money with this. its almost like you guys just copied and pasted your original wotlk guide into this new client version.
        Last edited by shizoo94; September 28, 2022, 07:56 AM.

Comment

I canceled my sub last month because the guides were all messed up for me. sending me to FAR FAR places only to end up 100 more yards away from where i started, I was hoping that the WotLK guides were going to be in better shape but so far, they are telling me to get quests at 73 in Dragonblight that I cant even get until 74, (The Cleansing of Jintha'kalar and The Call of the Crusade" so that throws off the leveling path when you have to skip and come back later. If i wanted to just skip around, i would just look for quesite markers. I will be canceling and probably not coming back.
          Last edited by cde313; September 29, 2022, 02:31 AM.

Comment

I agree, heard good reviews so thought I would try it out....

Comment

There are plenty of just levelling guides that do the same thing as zygor and maybe better and cheaper, but that's just plain levelling. what's always made zygor a better product and worth the monthly cost was all the achievement and event guides etc.

Comment

I like how the guide has you start in Howling Fjord, but then expects you to have all the FPs to fly to Star's Rest for Dragonblight like WTF...Plus the issue mentioned above with it trying to get you to pick up quests that have higher leveling requirements.

Comment

I can agree with the overall sentiment.
                  It feels very buggy and lacking in a lot of areas for Wrath.

Several quests are being suggested while you cant accept them.
                  Flight path suggestions while you have never visited the zone.
                  You stack so many quests taht your questlog is almost full because the hand in only happens way later even tho you came across the quest giver to hand it in several times.
                  The pathing is severly bugged as well and often leads you to wrong spots.

Definitely would refrain from subbing until a later point.

Comment

After resubbing with pre-patch and following into WOTLK launch to 80, I honestly expected more for a paid mod. There's a lot of reputation unlock quests that there aren't guides for, hell there isn't even gold making guides. I expected a big update with release of multiple guides to help fresh 80's just be able to dial into one category and just go. But that's not the case,

I'm doing more research myself then I entirely use the addon for. Hell even just having a Dailies guide that I can just load up every day for gold would be helpful. You look at the reputation section of the addon and there's no guides for Wotlk, there's only a section for Burning Crusade. I'm not sure if it's a lack of interest on the Dev's part or not enough help to be able to gather the resources needed but I honestly recall this addon having way more sustenance in actual retail Wotlk more then a decade ago.

The bugs as well have been an issue. You would think they'd incorporate a "I have a Flying mount" mode and stop asking me to take FP's and set hearth or finish the talent point suggestion system and give people actual talent point recommendations once they're 80, since they make this a function / service. I'd expect a Dual spec talent point suggestion system to be in place with something I pay money for. The fact of the matter is this, there's tons of mods and dev's out there that put there own time and effort into collecting and creating functional mods for the community and charge absolutely nothing for it. For a paid addon that boasts tons of guides for all aspects of the game there's a real lack of them imo at this moment. This may just be my last sub. At this point Zygor is just a leveling addon that does it some what poorly to me. With it's bugs and quirks, it's just entirely underwhelming for the price point. All I can say is that maybe it's time to reach out to the community and ask what we would like to see included in this addon and take those suggestions seriously.

Comment

Working...
                    X