Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hardcore

where the hardcore guides be at???? come on zygor

Why would they make guides for an unofficial way of playing the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Metalcalfe View Post
      unofficial? what? I can play anyway I want, thats not unoficial.

And yes Zygor, please, do a HC guide!

Comment

Yes Please!

Comment

Because addons like RestedXP, which have an HC mode, are stealing paying customers because they DO have an HC guide.

I'd love an HC guide as well. The classic Zygor guide DOES NOT WORK WELL for HC mode. Even if you bypass allllllll the different spots where it tells you to kill yourself, the Zygor Classic guide is written for speed and efficiency, which is a great way to get yourself killed.

A true HC guide would skip iffy quests like the absent minded prospector in darkshore, for instance, and would try to do as many quests as possible. Z Classic skips things like the harpies in Stonetalon, but there are a lot of quests in stonetalon which arent efficient, but they do have a lot of XP. Every tiny out of the way quest that i do is one less boar i have to whack mindlessly for xp.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz2202 View Post

Because addons like RestedXP, which have an HC mode, are stealing paying customers because they DO have an HC guide.
            THIS!

An RestedXP is no near as good as Zygor, Im playing it now in HC and has bugs, missed quest and all the quality of life for questing that Zygor has. Even if I payed for the complete guide, no worth it.

Comment

I would love it if Zygor just gave me an option to omit all those Kill Yourself steps. When playing hardcore they are jarring to the flow and it gets messy if you just try to skip those steps as the directions for path get all hinky and it then takes a bit to get where you need to go. Besides, even when not playing hardcore, I just HATE the concept of killing myself ingame on purpose.

Comment

One of the staff members said in a post in March I believe they're going to see what Blizzard does before adapting any changes to their guides, but it's a possibility. And to the 'Kill yourself' steps in the guide, just click the step to the right and skip it... Lol.

Comment

The problem with "just skipping the kill yourself steps" is that the travel path gets skewed and it is cumbersome to get back on track. It wants to take you from the graveyard to where you need to go instead of taking you from where you are standing when you are instructed to kill yourself. Some of those graveyards are way far off from where you are standing.

Comment

Yes, Zygor is the better quality product. I have gotten to test this so called rested xp addon for hardcore classic. Overall, people that say "rxp" rested-xp addon is better than zygor are complete idiots. Zygor could however benefit updating classic guides because some of the coordinations are off, and try to make a seperation version HC friendly even make a lazy very easy lazy guide of 1-60 grinding like where can i efficiently farm at lvl 13 beasts effectively? as a troll hunter? I do not want to quest 24/7 having to move areas back and fourth or go into a death trap. I also want flexability maybe I want a level of xp cushion give me a squishy mob to farm for a lvl so i can go back to the quest i felt to weak to do. Zygor has the tools and the means to make an amazing fucking hardcore guide or even just better and more classic guides. its getting very popular. iv never seen so many people online for hc seriously zygor hop on the server and find out urself there is a market to be made. many many players wanted to try rxp. and the addon itself is lacking the guide itself is lacking if zygor just had the guild and kept its amazing features. ugh. i could go on. zygor is the way better product but sadly rxp is pushing a hardcore guide whre zygor could be cashing in on.

Comment

its also a known fact, even asmongold covered the topic. that this hardcore classic movement is bigger than the 2019 release of classic. this is bringing me back to 2005. except no bg fun

Comment

1) It is an extremly popular way to play.
                        2) What do you mean unofficial? Blizzard announced that they are going to offically support hardcore mode.

So please Zygor, give us some Hardcore love. No death steps. No buying things from the AH. No group quests (unless you are in a duo/trio). No death runs eg. Wetlands.

Comment

Originally posted by ggrimaud View Post

2) What do you mean unofficial? Blizzard announced that they are going to offically support hardcore mode.
                          When he posted that there was no official Blizzard support for hardcore, so at that time it was an unofficial way to play. It could still be considered unofficial until those servers actually go live sometime this summer (or whenever they are ready). They only announced it for the first time during a community driven hardcore event that happened on May 13th.

We will look at different possibilities for what to do. No promises as of right now until we are able to take a look at stuff when it's on the PTR.
                          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Well, I guess just stop paying until there is a HC guide.

Don't really need this service for any live expat at this point...see ya'll on restedXP forums until Zygor competes with the market.

All is fair in love and...well, wow guide addons at least.

~

Comment

I have used Zygor since the BC days, its my go too, I love the layout and cant get use to any of the other guides, especially rested XP. I have tried it because I know a few of the HC players that made it, but I dont like the layout it gives. I do wish Zygors had something more catering towards the HC community since we have been around over 2yrs now. Alot of the quests you just skip, and you really just have to go past the death skips and stuff, and if you cant navigate because the guide isnt telling you which direction to go, maybe HC isnt for you. Ill always support Zygor its one of the very few things I pay for because I have used it so many years, and stand behind it. If you feel like you need to stop paying because your gonna threaten to use another guide until you get your way, then maybe this place isnt for you either.

Comment

Working...
                              X