Zygor Item Scoring is scuffed. WTB Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Item Scoring is scuffed. WTB Fix

So, I've known for a long time that the Zygor Item Scoring can't detect Spell Damage, in Classic, for some bizarre reason. I've been aware of this while leveling and been using Pawn on the side for spell damage-items, ignoring Zygor for these. But today I ran into a new problem:

I was leveling an alt, using a mail belt with the following stats: +8 Sta, +8 Int, +134 Armor.
    I then found a leather belt, with these stats: +9 Sta, +9 Int, +67 Armor.

I have the current statweights:
    Sta: 0.5
    Int: 0.5
    Armor: 0.01

Pawn told me the new lether belt was an upgrade - Zygor didn't.
    "Now, that's odd" I thought. That surely must mean one of the two are wrong. But which one?

So I manually calculated the value of the two items, with my stat weights:

Mail Belt (0.5 * 8) + (0.5 * 8) + (0.01 * 134) = 9.34 (Old) "Bonelink of the Eagle"
    Leather Belt (0.5 * 9) + (0.5 * 9) + (0.01 * 67) = 9.67 (New) "Belt of Corruption"

The new belt is clearly better, with my statweight.

(Picture included in the link)

So, what's wrong here? There seems to be some stats zygor either can't detect, or can't calculate properly. You know it's pretty bad when a FREE addon, is doing a better job, that one you're paying for... Makes you reflect on your choice of this service, honestly.

I've basically come to the conclusion that I have to disable the Zygor Item Scoring because it's unreliable at best, in it's current state, and use Pawn instead for gear calculations. A fix to both this problem (whatever it is - could be a rounding problem maybe? rounding 4.5 down to 4?), and the spell damage problem would be very much appreciated.

Raz
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.
    Last edited by Razid; April 21, 2021, 06:31 AM.

Since you are able to change to mail at level 40 our system considers non-mail items as not good items after you hit level 40. So it's trying to replace what it considers a bad armor type with the best mail armor it can find in your bags.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

So why even have armor as a value? Whatever that function you're describing is, it's clearly overruling my stat weights. Why do you even have that function? Mail isn't inheritently better than any other armor types - This isn't Cataclysm.

What about the Spell Damage problem?
      Last edited by Razid; April 21, 2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X