OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear upgrades that IMO shouldn't be how to fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear upgrades that IMO shouldn't be how to fix this?

So I'm solo leveling a Ret paladin in TBC. Zygor constantly claims the same thing in regards to gear that a new item is better than what I'm wearing when I find that hard to believe. For instance I'll be wearing my usual mail gear and a cloth piece will drop and Zygor claims it's better than my mail that I'm wearing. Why on earth would a ret paladin switch his mail chest piece over cloth robes? There seriously has to be a way to change this so it stops. These robes has better stats if I was a caster and not melee. Here is an example that just took place.

Wearing:

Grunt's Legguards of the Gorilla
    157 Armor (Mail)
    +5 Strength
    +5 Intellect

Zygor claims this is a 47% upgrade

Scouting Trousers of Intellect
    73 Armor (Leather)
    +8 Intellect

Sounds like the gear system might be stuck on Holy. Did you manually set the item score settings or have you been using default? Try manually switching to Prot spec in the item score settings and then switch it over to Ret spec. See if that then still tries to suggest the Int gear.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Item score setting says Retribution. I manually changed everything in there within the past hour and somewhat fixed the issue. Just not sure why the guide always wants me to replace my gear with gear that doesn't fit my build. It's crazy that it wants to replace my mail chest piece with a cloth robe.

Comment

I'm running into the same issue, I have my item score settings set to Ret (I've tried switching and saving and reloading/reopening the game) still nothing. This is impacting the auto gear feature that pulls from dungeons as well. All the suggested gear is for Holy.

My talents are also set to the ret build

zygor auto gear issue img2 4-25-22.JPG
        Attached Files

Comment

Retail, Classic, or TBC? What gear do you have equipped for comparison? Select one gear slot that you think is not correct and provide the screen shots of the tool tips for your current gear along with the suggested upgrade. What level are you? Are you currently in the Ret spec or are you in a different spec but just changed the item score over to Ret? Please provide as much detail as possible when saying something is wrong because without that detail all we can do is take wild guesses as to what your problem might be.

Comment

Expansion: TBC
            Class: Paladin (level 20)
            Spec: Ret (selected ret in the item score settings - attached a picture in the post above)

My issue is specifically about the gear finder feature in the character panel, the feature which opens up a new window that lists all the upgrades your character can get from dungeons around your level.

For this menu, the recommendations are mainly for Holy spec, along with just some random pieces showing up.
            • Like leather agility shoulders/feet/legs
            • lv48 cloth helm and lv48 stam/int neck both from Mara
            • int rings
            • same lv46 trinket for both slots from Mara
            If I have ret selected as my spec, I'd expect to only see mail gear at a minimum, and a stat priority of strength.

What's going on here?

zygor gear finder issue 4-25-22.JPG

Comment

Until you get the plate armor proficiency at level 40 all armor types are considered valid. That means it looks only at the stats until 40 and is more than happy to recommend cloth or leather if the stats are good. You also can't just say a suggestion is bad without comparing it to what you currently have equipped and taking into consideration what dungeons you have access to. You will notice that the trinket you mentioned is greyed out on the page and that is because it couldn't find anything for your level and it's just the next best thing it could find right now. The gear finder does not expect you to go after a boss that is 2.5x your level for a drop you can't equip. Once you get higher levels it should be able to find something for you. The gear finder also tries to only display items for dungeons you are able to access. It showing those items in Maraudon is most likely a minor bug and it should just be telling you "No upgrade found" for those slots like it has for the weapon slot. That is something I will get with our team about.

Now lets look at one or two of the other things. At level 20 you only have something like 2 or 3 dungeons you can run so that greatly limits the gear choices. You have leather shoulders that are suggested and agility. Agility is a valid stat for the Ret scores and has a weight of 0.64 so combined with the limited gear selection for what you can obtain it's probably a reasonable suggestion for your level.

You mentioned Int rings. The Deep Fathom Ring does have Int, but it also has Sta and Spi. Now the Ret spec has stat weights of 0.34 for Int (you still need mana), 0.5 for Sta (you still need HP), and 0.05 for Spi. That means it's a valid suggestion and probably one of the best you can obtain at level 20 with the limited dungeons and drops. The other ring (Lavishly Jeweled Ring) only has the Int on it but as I just pointed out the Ret spec does give the Int stat 0.34 weight so once again with the limited choice of dungeons at 20 it's probably the best you can do for now.

I can't actually compare the suggested items to what you're wearing since you haven't provided that information yet but from the provided information at this point I would have to say they are all valid suggestions for a Ret spec paladin.

Comment

Working...
              X