Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartman
    replied
    If the alt is no blacksmith you can still build the forge and with a forge level 3 you can craft the itemlevel 630 weapons and 640 armor with the soulbound reagents the alt gets with his work orders at the forge.
    You then "only" need to craft the upgrade items with your blacksmith so you can go for the higher level stuff much faster (if you are able to get enough savage blood).

Leave a comment:

• Bomyne
    replied
    Originally posted by Cartman View Post
    Remember, any character can build any garrison building and craft the itemlevel 630 weapons and 640 armor pieces. Only for the items to upgrade the itemlevel you need the profession skill. So though the materials needed for crafting this stuff are bound on pickup you can collect materials simultaneously with different characters.
    I currently have 3 garrisons with forges, ony level 3 for my blacksmith and two level 2 with characters without crafting professions. If I have enough truesteel bars on my alts I can directly craft the basic iems with them and the upgrades with the blacksmith.

But keep in mind that you need savage blood for the upgrade items.
    You get savage blood occasionally from work orders in the barn when you trapped elite creatures in Nagrand (I definitely recommend a character with tank spec for that or at least a pet class or plate class).
    I have been working on leveling other characters to assist my Blacksmith with her task... but some materials are soulbound (Such as that Hexweave Cloth I wanted to send to my bank alt).

There is a growing consensus that Blizzard made a bad call with the changes to crafting. I can't say I disagree.

EDIT: Apparently so are Truesteel Ingots... Thanks Blizzard, I needed those >.<
    Last edited by Bomyne; December 23, 2014, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cartman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
    Urg! Please do not mention crafting! It's taking me forever just to get the resources for a single crafted item...
    Remember, any character can build any garrison building and craft the itemlevel 630 weapons and 640 armor pieces. Only for the items to upgrade the itemlevel you need the profession skill. So though the materials needed for crafting this stuff are bound on pickup you can collect materials simultaneously with different characters.
    I currently have 3 garrisons with forges, ony level 3 for my blacksmith and two level 2 with characters without crafting professions. If I have enough truesteel bars on my alts I can directly craft the basic iems with them and the upgrades with the blacksmith.

But keep in mind that you need savage blood for the upgrade items.
    You get savage blood occasionally from work orders in the barn when you trapped elite creatures in Nagrand (I definitely recommend a character with tank spec for that or at least a pet class or plate class).

Leave a comment:

• Bomyne
    replied
    Originally posted by kriline View Post
    It isn't hard to make gold right now.
    That may be true, but I'd still kill for a gold guide addon :P

I've tried to learn how to play the auction house before, but I've always failed.

Crafted items sell really well,
    Urg! Please do not mention crafting! It's taking me forever just to get the resources for a single crafted item...

Leave a comment:

• kriline
    replied
    It isn't hard to make gold right now. Crafted items sell really well, and garrison quests allow you to exchange resources which accumulate daily for gold that you don't have to work for. I hit 100 before I ever even touch Nagrand or Shadowmoon, so I still have all of those quests available for me when I hit 100. I also save the bonus areas for extra gold too. It's really easy to make a quick 1k gold in an hour if you look hard enough. I really can't wait until this comes out so I don't have to rely on 40 different add-ons to help me. It's about time they released an add-on like this, and if it's as good as the leveling guides, it should be fairly reliable.

Leave a comment:

• Cartman
    replied
    Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
    You need to get out and quest more.
    You don't even have to do that.
    Just let you garrison followers do all the gold quests.

Leave a comment:

• wmljohn
    replied
    If I only had a guide to tell me the best quests to do for gold?

Just poking fun and kidding. I am looking forward to the release. Until then I will keep living in squaler.

Leave a comment:

• Zygor Support
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
    I can't even maintain 1000g....

Leave a comment:

• Bomyne
    replied
    Originally posted by littlewierdo View Post
    Products get delayed all the time. Its a disappointment. But Id rather wait until they have it right, especially when it comes to the case of my fast approaching 1.6 million gold.
    A bit of patience IS called for, but it's also nice when a company like Zygor's keeps us in the loop as to how things are going with a product they have already advertised and intend to sell. A product that a large number of people intend to buy.

And to be fair, one of the guys at Zygor has answered this question last week...
    http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...l=1#post102660

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
    The leveling guides are in good shape now - the Alliance guide, particularly, has been drastically improved and polished, and is completed. The Horde guide didn't have many problems at all, and just needs a quick run-through to polish, which has already begun. The rest of the team is working on polishing all of our other guides, and we're aiming to have everything in really good shape within about 2 weeks or so. Beyond that, we're aiming to release the Gold & Auctions guide Q1 2015.
    Also, 1.6 million gold... I think you're doing just fine on your own :P I can't even maintain 1000g....
    Last edited by Bomyne; December 14, 2014, 08:29 AM. Reason: Meh. Mistakes. Correcting. Resuming normal operations.

Leave a comment:

• littlewierdo
    replied
    Wow, really folks? I know you are looking forward to this but come on.

Use your brain for just a minute.

If Zygor screws up in a leveling guide, no big deal, you just move on.

If Zygor screws up on telling you what to buy because it is bugged / faulty calculation(s), you mean to tell me you have no issue with it?

Products get delayed all the time. Its a disappointment. But Id rather wait until they have it right, especially when it comes to the case of my fast approaching 1.6 million gold.

While portions of the 'guide' will be just fine, what I will tell you is the results you'll see from it will be 'meh', especially if you dont use common sense with it.

There are similar paid products, gold tycoon is one that looks nearly identical to what Zygor is going to do and I can tell you that product, if you follow what it instructs you to flip on the AH, will result in a player that is flat broke. That is because statistics dont tell you everything.

If you want to make money in WoW, start with 2 addons, Tradeskill Master (and all of its associated plugins as the main addon will not function directly), Auctioneer, and Auctionator. Learn to use them effectively (especially Tradeskill Master which is a STEEP learning curve but is THE MOST POWERFUL auction house addon PERIOD).

Begin with a small market that is affordable to get into and get a feel for how things sell in that market. I started with cloth, specifically linen, wool, silk, mageweave & rune (vanilla WoW cloth). Setup up Auctioneer with saved searches for each in a price range that is lower than half of what it will sell for and then setup Tradeskill Master to automatically setup your auctions.

Done correctly, you can completely control the market. You wont make a fortune initially, but once you have completely taken over a market, you can begin to slowly raise prices and control the quantity on the AH to control supply.

This of course is just one example of a market to get into, markets I would stay away from are pets & mounts, which, tend to be the highest profit items but slowest selling. And, they are particularly risky as well, often times, you might spend 20k for a mount that might take 6+ months to sell.

There are also more obscure markets to get into, one of the many that I am in is quest items (especially ones that require crafting - engineering has several), and patterns / recipes (including vendor purchased or world drop recipes that are put up for a very low price because the person selling isnt aware of what people are willing to pay) that can be sold as a rather nice profit because there are completionists that play WoW that are willing to pay alot of gold.

My last bit of advice, dont trust Auctioneers tooltip for item values, use trending websites like www.wowuction.com or theunderminejournal.com for determining item values. These sites track server prices using Blizzard auction house apis that addons like auctioneer do not have access to, specifically, auctioneer has to rely on the limited data provided every time you scan the AH where as the two suggested websites mentioned above can pull data every 15 minutes.

Oh, and use Youtube to learn to do it. There are plenty of tutorials on how to use TSM (Tradeskill Master). Go slow, start small and begin building your gold empire.

Leave a comment:

• unclejohn
    replied
    I need this guide soooo much! Will there be an advance sale?

It will keep the game from getting stale.

Stale=WoD without Zygor!

My biggest problem with 6.0 is finding trees. I am looking forward to Lumber Farming.

You Guys ARE awesome.

- Uncle John

Leave a comment:

• Granamere
    replied
    Ahh it looks like your site and it is the first thing that pops up under a google search. It does list it as an ad though. Sorry for my confusion.

Leave a comment:

• Zygor Support
    replied
    That zygorguideseso.com website does not belong to us. It appears to be an affiliate site that links back to us.

Leave a comment:

• Granamere
    replied
    You have bugs in the gear guide. There are bugs in the way point system while leveling. Bugs here bugs there in everything. I can understand wanting to get the largest of these resolved before releasing something new but when release dates change you need to make an announcement just like you did for the expected release date for the gold guide and not have people having to dig into the forums to find out it has changed. Even if it is buggy, I would be buying it today because I know it will be very helpful and I know that you will fix any problems that come up. So give us an early Xmas present and release it. Let the whiners whine and the rest of us add some gold to our characters.

That is my two cents.

FYI you have bugs in your website. If you are already logged in and you go to http://www.zygorguideseso.com/zygorguides/ then all the links at the top "Sign up, Forum, Support etc." all take you to http://www.zygorguideseso.com/zygorguides/ You might want to fix that. Also all the links at the bottom under "Home" and "Support" take you there.
    Last edited by Granamere; December 7, 2014, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• edcaguy
    replied
    If it was not ready then you should not have released a video about it. Just pissed me off by saying its will be relesed for December and now its not.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X