Users suggestion about the gold guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Users suggestion about the gold guide

Can some guide user suggest me if the gold guide is worth to buy at moment, or free addons are just better?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by playwow79; March 21, 2015, 10:13 AM.

I personally can't recommend it right now, although I have faith that it will get better.

First thing is some of the values it suggests are just bizarre. It wants me to price random crap greens that are worthless, even to the transmoggers, for 600, 700g sometimes. I thought maybe I was just nuts so I went with it for weeks now and of course they never sell.
    Other times it tells me to price something for XX amount, when the only ones on the AH are 2 and 3x that amount.

The most annoying thing for me is the completely manual process of posting. (Unless I'm missing something, please correct me someone if I am). If you are posting just a few auctions it's not a big deal but if you have to post hundreds of items, dragging them into the auction window one at a time completely ruins the experience. They need to copy the Auctioneer addon and the way it posts. It's not fully automatic but it's as close as you can get in today's world from my understanding.

Again, people's experiences are different. I'm sure plenty of people love it the way that it is, but I don't see a lot of value yet, especially for such a steep price tag.

Comment

I also can't recommend this guide right now. Some of the buyout suggestions are just absurd. For example telling me to buy and repost over 5000 thorium bars for an 800 gold profit. By the time even a quarter of the bars sell there's no telling where the price will be.

Edit: Also the farming tab's "time" column sometimes suggests you farm a spot for "> 10h". I get that its new but how did some of these outrageously obvious issues make it into the live product? I seriously hope this doesn't crash and burn like some of the other non-wow guides because this idea is brilliant and I love the other wow zygor's guides.
      Last edited by 3nfy86; March 30, 2015, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by urofseron View Post
        First thing is some of the values it suggests are just bizarre. It wants me to price random crap greens that are worthless, even to the transmoggers, for 600, 700g sometimes. I thought maybe I was just nuts so I went with it for weeks now and of course they never sell.
        If you can, hold shift, hover over the item in question, and take a screenshot the next time this occurs. This will show the the historical data for that item and allow us to better troubleshoot this issue.

Other times it tells me to price something for XX amount, when the only ones on the AH are 2 and 3x that amount.
        Again, you'll want to look at the tooltip to compare the historical data. Compare the current cheapest buyout to the historical high. If the cheapest is well beyond the high then that item is being gouged and won't likely sell at those prices, so the system brings it back within the sane price range, increasing your chance of selling.

The most annoying thing for me is the completely manual process of posting.
        This will be addressed in our third major update, after the second update that's arriving this week.

Also the farming tab's "time" column sometimes suggests you farm a spot for "> 10h". I get that its new but how did some of these outrageously obvious issues make it into the live product?
        A farming time of > 10h means the item is in such high demand that you could pretty much farm this item indefinitely. 10h was the longest time we estimated it would be wise to farm without checking back in to see if conditions had changed. Can you explain why you find this an issue? What would you prefer it to tell you when an item has really no limit to how long it can be farmed?
        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Then what "> 10h" means is never explained is the issue here. Are mouse-over tooltips a possibility for some things?

Comment

Zygor Gold and Auction Item List - Update/Refresh Problem

I don't know if this bug has been reported: After you buy out an item (suggested for profit) in the Zygor Gold and Auction item list, the list of items does not refresh automatically. To update the Zygor AH list (by removing the items just purchased) you need to left-click on the item just purchased. When you do this, the item is removed from the list. This does not update the entire Zygor AH list. It only updates the list for the item you just left-clicked. If you buy out more than on item on the Zygor AH list, you need to left-click on each item to update it's status. Is this a known issue?

Comment

Do you mean in the Gold guide window itself or in the Shopping list?
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I'm referring to the Gold Guide window for the auction house. But on the same subject, the shopping list seems to have an issue also. The user manual for the gold guide states that you can double left click on an item in the Gold Guide AH window to add it to the shopping list but this feature does not work properly. Double clicking on an item just closes the Gold Guide AH window.
                Last edited by briandknight; April 2, 2015, 01:57 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

The gold guide window won't update automatically unless a scan for a specific item is performed (like when you go to post it or initial scan for purchasing) or a normal scan is performed. The scan data is not changed as you purchase items and the gold guide window displays items based on the scan data.

I've never actually tried to double click on an item to add it to the shopping list so I'll have to test that one.

Comment

I would love to see some more options given to the users though as some people have many alts that can craft items and i would love to be able to incorporate scanning and being aware of those options on one toon instead of having to alt hop between an alchemist jewel crater enchanter and tailor to see different results allow us to have the the option to included multiple professions on a single character in a menu you could select which ones or go for all of them if you wanted.

Another thing why is it in some professions i have crafted items in my bag EX. Greater Draenic Intellect Flask and the appraiser is saying I should sell as the market is ripe. But then in the crafting panel its not even shown as an option when searched, REALLY?! That makes sense right. Has zygor even added all of the Dreanor profession items in to the gold guide?

Another option i would like to see is the option to have enchanting materials be shown for conversion greaters into lessers and vise-verse or to only show current content materials and items and not have to see enchanting mats from the BC being suggested to be bought out in quantities of 10k+

Can you not label items like Crystal Vial as obtained from a vendor so that items crafted with items needed from a vendor appear under the easy tab and are not hidden in the advanced tab because they are not listed on the auction house or perhaps i should start selling them on the AH and see how many people complain that the guide suggested that they buy them off the AH instead of from the vendor

And last for now why do i get presented with different items when choosing between options listed under Profit Balance: I see a vast difference in items recommended when choosing any of the options Fastest (but lowest), Balanced, Highest (but slowest) balanced should show you everything should it not?

IN SHORT FEATURES WANTED:
                    All Profession Crafts Visible on A Single Charater
                    Include All Current Expansion Crafted Items In Crafted Tab (This Could Be Extended To Farming Mats Aswell)
                    Enchanting Item Break Down and Conversion (This Could Be Extended To Include Other Items As Well)
                    Change Items Obtained From Vendors To Being Labeled So In The Crafting Section
                    Fix The Profit Balance Option

Comment

Zygor AH Item Detail (Mouse-Over) Pop-Up Disappears

Thanks for fixing the double left-click add to shopping list feature... Nice time saver! BTW, With this latest update (evening of April 3, 2015), I noticed that when I mouse-over an item in the Zygor AH item list, the tool tip that usually pops up (and stays until you move the mouse off of the item) now just pops up for about 1/2 second then disappears. I've tested this with only Zygor add-on enabled. -BK

Comment

Never mind... Pop-up tool tip seems to be working fine now. Strange. -BK

Comment

Item Pop-Up Problem is Back Again...

Well, it's happening again (as of the date and time of this post). When I mouse-over an item in the Zygor Gold AH item buy suggestion list, the tool tip that usually pops up (and stays until you move the mouse off of the item) now just pops up for about 1/2 second then disappears. I've tested this with only Zygor add-on enabled. The problem seems to come and go (without making any changes to my WoW configuration). I know from a debug standpoint that these intermittent problems can be difficult to reproduce much less fix, but please look into it and let me know. Thanks. -BK

Comment

I must be doing something wrong.
                            The guide keeps telling me there is no historical data for my realm, I don't know how to sync it.
                            Can someone tell me how, everything I have read says there is a sprocket that I can click and link my realm to the guide, I cant find it.
                            Thanks for the help in advance.

Comment

Instructions for setting up the historical data can be found here: http://www.zygorguides.com/support/manual/gginstall.php

Comment

Working...
                              X