Threads of Fate - Bastion Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threads of Fate - Bastion Issues

Seems the majority of the issues with the Threads of Fate quests are the fact that they are mostly Auto-Accept world quests. Rather than having static world quests that never change, world quests rotate frequently - meaning that these same quests will not be there for everyone, every day. Not a single one of these quests in the guide were available to me. Here are the issues I found in the Threads of Fate for Bastion.

Threads of Fate - Bastion
    - Step 9 - 'Aspirant for a Day' Quest ID 62737 - This is a world quest that is not always available. Quest was not there when I was doing the questline.
    - Step 18 - 'Scour the Temple' Quest ID 62737 - Also a world quest that is not always available. Quest was not there when I was doing the quest line, however 'Vesiphone's Vicious Vesper' Quest ID 59680 (requires level 60) was the quest that I accepted when got there.
    - Step 22 - 'Locus Focus' Quest ID 62732 - Also a world quest that is not always available. Quest was not there when doing the quest line.
    - Step 24 - 'Hostile Recollection' Quest ID 62735 or 59015 (I believe the 2nd is the Threads of Fate version). Also a world quest that is not always available. Quest was not there when doing the quest line.
    - Step 33 - 'Click Vesper of Remembrance' (Quest ID: 57547 - A Test of Courage) "Ring the Bell of Remembrance"- Note should be added that this step cannot be completed if someone is already in combat with "Vrym the Ravenous" - quest will progress and complete however by tagging and defeating the mob (there is no need to click the vesper if the mob is already spawned).
    - Step 41 - 'Maldraxxi Eviction Notice' Quest ID 62736 - World quest that is not always available. Quest was not there when doing the quest line.

Do you have the zone wide campaign quest to help Bastion? It should have been auto-accepted as soon as you entered the zone.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I think this may be the issue with Zygor Threads of Fate levelling. Zygor presumes, as has been stated here, that the zone wide campaign quests are auto-accepted. They are not. You have to manually pick up the quest from a quest giver to obtain the zone wide campaign quest. This is after selecting Threads of Fate and choosing any of the areas to start in.

I gave an example of Maldraxxus in another thread. When levelling threads of fate zygor for Maldraxxus immediately puts you into a step of starting the auto accept world quests when in fact you have to manually pick up the quest from the area quest giver (Secutor Mevix).

Comment

If you follow the first steps to select Bastion and go turn in The Elysian Fields (all in the Intro guide) you will automatically get Bolstering Bastion which is that zone's quest. I did this on a test of a newly raised warlock that selected Necrolord covenant to make sure there was no Kyrian/Bastion thing going on. After getting Bolstering Bastion automatically (without even loading any of the zone guides) I flew to Theater of Pain in Maldraxxus and automatically received Rallying Maldraxxus upon entering the zone. I then turned around and flew to Pridefall Hamelet in Revendreth and upon entering the zone I automatically received Reinforcing Revendreth. Then I immediately turned around and flew to Tirna Vaal in Ardenweald and was given Support the Court as soon as I entered the zone. So yes, you get those zone wide quests automatically.

I then loaded up the Bastion (Threads of Fate) guide to test the original post. I double checked to see which world quests were currently available (Air Supremacy, Thenia's Loyal Companions, and Training Regimen) and followed the guide. On step 9 I went to the location and was automatically given the Aspirant For a Day bonus objective quest. The world quest does not need to be currently available on the map to receive it as a bonus objective as long as you have the zone wide campaign quest active.

Yes, the Bolstering Bastion campaign quest was not auto-accepted until I turned in The Elysian Fields. I'm sure if you were following the guide steps in the Intro guide for the other zones after selecting it from the scouting map and you turned in the breadcrumb quest to take you to that zone then once again all of the zones would provide the zone wide campaign quest once you enter that zone.

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
          If you follow the first steps to select Bastion and go turn in The Elysian Fields (all in the Intro guide) you will automatically get Bolstering Bastion which is that zone's quest. I did this on a test of a newly raised warlock that selected Necrolord covenant to make sure there was no Kyrian/Bastion thing going on. After getting Bolstering Bastion automatically (without even loading any of the zone guides) I flew to Theater of Pain in Maldraxxus and automatically received Rallying Maldraxxus upon entering the zone. I then turned around and flew to Pridefall Hamelet in Revendreth and upon entering the zone I automatically received Reinforcing Revendreth. Then I immediately turned around and flew to Tirna Vaal in Ardenweald and was given Support the Court as soon as I entered the zone. So yes, you get those zone wide quests automatically.

I then loaded up the Bastion (Threads of Fate) guide to test the original post. I double checked to see which world quests were currently available (Air Supremacy, Thenia's Loyal Companions, and Training Regimen) and followed the guide. On step 9 I went to the location and was automatically given the Aspirant For a Day bonus objective quest. The world quest does not need to be currently available on the map to receive it as a bonus objective as long as you have the zone wide campaign quest active.

Yes, the Bolstering Bastion campaign quest was not auto-accepted until I turned in The Elysian Fields. I'm sure if you were following the guide steps in the Intro guide for the other zones after selecting it from the scouting map and you turned in the breadcrumb quest to take you to that zone then once again all of the zones would provide the zone wide campaign quest once you enter that zone.
          The Bastion Threads of Fate guide, step 1, is to "Discover the Aspirant's Rest Flight Path" - not to accept "Bolstering Bastion". I was using this guide as an easy way to get the Shadowlands Loremaster achievement because Bastion was the only zone not currently completed for me. These quests may require the "Bolstering Bastion" quest to be available - but the fact that the guide doesn't account for this has led many people to become confused on the next steps when attempting to auto-accept these quests. This is obviously not an isolated incident as MANY other people have posted similar confusion and issues. All I am suggesting is some sort of check to ensure that either A.) The player has the "Bolstering Bastion" calling before suggesting these steps, or B.) Have seperate guides for those who just want to quest through the zone storyline without being sidetracked into world quests that aren't there.

The Threads of Fate path's allow for some freedom in questing. If I get half way done with Maldraxxus and get bored, I have the freedom to switch zones without getting another Bolstering quest. The Zygor Guide should accommodate this. Merely a suggestion.

Comment

As I said, when you follow the Shadowlands Intro guide it will get you to the point where you get the Bolstering Bastion zone wide campaign quest automatically. You unlock all of that before ever opening the Bastion (Threads of Fate) guide. Once that is done then yes, you can go to any zone at any time and you will automatically get the zone wide campaign quest which unlocks all of those automatic bonus objective quests in the zones.

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
              As I said, when you follow the Shadowlands Intro guide it will get you to the point where you get the Bolstering Bastion zone wide campaign quest automatically. You unlock all of that before ever opening the Bastion (Threads of Fate) guide. Once that is done then yes, you can go to any zone at any time and you will automatically get the zone wide campaign quest which unlocks all of those automatic bonus objective quests in the zones.
              I leveled 48-60 using Threads of Fate only going to Maldraxxus and Revendrath. I never stepped foot in Bastion. Yes the guide said accept Bolstering Bastion, however I chose to go to Revendreth instead because that's where my covenant was and I had already done Bastion on another toon. After I hit 60, I went back and did the Bastion quests, which is where I ran into the issue. There was no Bolstering Bastion because I chose a different path when leveling - because I had that choice.

I understand that Zygor is setup to be linear, however the choice of questing zones from 48-60 are not. You give us a choice between Threads and Main character when we start off in SL, not sure why you can't implement a similar feature for when we choose an area to quest in when choosing Threads of Fate (with the caveat that says X Zone gives you more experience), and recognizing that when the toon is level 60, they can no longer accept the Bolstering Bastion, Rallying Maldraxxus, Support the Court, or Reinforcing Revendreth.

Comment

You didn't previously say that you were 60 when you went to Bastion. Once you hit 60 you can no longer get those bonus objective quests. The Threads of Fate guides are designed for leveling to 60, not for post-60 questing.

Comment

Off topic. Sorry I don't see how to make a new thread. I know I'm an old shy and evidently not very bright quester but for the life of me I can not get the "choosing your purpose." Quest. I am a lvl 60 Paladin. I have followed the guide though it's entirety and cannot get the quest so I can choose a covenant. Thinking I missed something I started a new Pally and came out with the exact same result. Can someone please help me. Otherwise it's time for me to quit the game which I would really hate.

Comment

Have you completed the story line quests in all 4 leveling zones? Use the Story Only guides to make sure you have completed the entire leveling storyline. You have to do that in order to unlock the covenants.

Comment

Well the guides have now all disappeared except for each covenant and the flight paths.

Comment

Try using the search box to see if you can find it that way.

Comment

Sorry, there was a tic-box marked hide completed guides I didn't see. I unchecked it and it works fine now. So only 2 of the guides say they are 100% done. Do they have to be at 100% even though the guide told me to go to the next?

Comment

No, some of the guide steps are not registered for the completion bar, if the addon suggests the next guide you should be safe to progress.

Comment

All is well now I completed all the unfinished story lines (there were only like 2 quest left in each.). I am now able to do more thankyou very much for your assistance. Since I started this off topic please do with it as you see fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X