How to fly in Shadowlands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to fly in Shadowlands?

I'm surprised this is not a first out-of-the-gate topic... How do I get a Shadowlands character to earn flying capability (which I understand than all toons in Shadowland will have)?

You need to get renown 44, which should unlock Chapter 12, The Last Sigil. The next step is back in Kortha from Tal-Galan.

The guide appears to be in the Chain of Domination section. Make sure you have updated the Zygor guide for today.
    Last edited by Snigglepoo; July 7, 2021, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Yes, I did update today. I suggest that "shadowland flying" be added as a guide, since I expect a LOT of people will want to know this.

So... how do I get "renown 44"? As in, which guide do I set up to direct me?

"Chain of Dominion" appears to require level 60. Is that correct? I never pushed any toon past 55 so far.

Comment

You will start getting renown, I believe, once you have selected your covenant at level 60 (if it is your first character to level 60 - Alts will start sooner with Threads of Fate).

Until level 60 you will want to use this guide: Leveling > Shadowlands > Shadownlands Intro & Main Story Questline (this will also include zone specific storyline guides)

Once 60 and you select your covenant and will want to use this guide: Leveling > Shadowlands > [Covenant] > [Covenant] Questline

Covenant Campaigns:You will earn a renown for every chapter of you Covenant Campaign (this is a different Campaign to Chains of Domination) you complete, and is the best way to get renown. Chapters are locked behind Renown levels (lvl 5, 8, 11, 13, 17, 20, and 22). You can also gain renown from Replenish the Reservoir, and a chance with World Boss kills and Callings completed.
        Catch-up also had the chance of getting renown from PvP, Raids, and Dungeons.

As soon as you can also work on Chains of Domination using this guide: Leveling > Shadowlands > Chains of Domination > Chains of Domination Questline

You will need to complete the following chapters from the Chains of Domination:I am not sure what, if any, requirements other than being lvl 60 to start the Chains of Domination Questline. I started it at 34 renown as soon as 9.1.0 hit, and got enough renown from those quests to get me to 40 renown.

Once you complete the 3 chapter in the Chains of Domination Questline you can then add in doing Korthia dailies using this guide: Dailies > Chains of Domination > Korthia Daily Quests

As well as doing the Assaults using this guide: Leveling > Shadowlands > Chains of Domination > Covenant Assaults

The dailies will give you another renown, along with your weekly Replenish the Reservoir.

At renown level 44 you will get the quest The Last Sigil in the Chains of Domination Campaign, which will also bump you to renown 45 when the chapter is complete giving you the Covenant flying mount as well.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Snigglepoo; July 7, 2021, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for all the detail !

Given that I can only play an hour or so per day, and my highest is now 55 (I have roughly 20 alts in the 50-54 range), it looks like I need to focus on just one toon... and it will still be awhile before anyone can fly...

Comment

Additionally, the Featured section includes roadmaps of how all our guides work for future reference:

Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by mindstorm View Post
              Wow! Thanks for all the detail !

Given that I can only play an hour or so per day, and my highest is now 55 (I have roughly 20 alts in the 50-54 range), it looks like I need to focus on just one toon... and it will still be awhile before anyone can fly...
              I hear ya. I was a really behind in this expansion, too. I did focus on my hunter. Got her to 60, and then started working on getting her renown up. I used her to get flying, and now all my alts will have it, making leveling them easier. Also since my hunter is a miner and skinner I was able to stock up on a lot of cloth, leather, and ores for my alts to level their professions and gear themselves.

Comment

Is anyone else having issues with the chains of domination Guide stopping at the reach renowned 44 point and saying Guide complete?

Comment

Originally posted by talonhawke View Post
                  Is anyone else having issues with the chains of domination Guide stopping at the reach renowned 44 point and saying Guide complete?
                  You probably need to update as I think an older version ended at 44. The current version has steps beyond that point.
                  Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I still not get how I can get fly in shadowlands?
                    I writing flying shadowlands 0 results

Comment

Originally posted by prieshas View Post
                      I still not get how I can get fly in shadowlands?
                      I writing flying shadowlands 0 results
                      There isn't really a guide for it. Just get renown 44 and work through he chains guide and it will unlock. Details are above.

Comment

You must first reach Renown 44 and complete the Covenant campaign (your covenant's Questline guide). Then, you must complete the first 4 chapters of the Chains of Domination campaign (up to "The Last Sigil"). Then, you will receive Memories of Sunless Skies mount and unlock account-wide flying in the Shadowlands zones. This will not unlock flying in Zereth Mortis. For that you will have to also complete the Unlocking the Secrets achievement guide.
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
                          You must first reach Renown 44 and complete the Covenant campaign (your covenant's Questline guide). Then, you must complete the first 4 chapters of the Chains of Domination campaign (up to "The Last Sigil"). Then, you will receive Memories of Sunless Skies mount and unlock account-wide flying in the Shadowlands zones. This will not unlock flying in Zereth Mortis. For that you will have to also complete the Unlocking the Secrets achievement guide.
                          Thank you! It drove me crazy I couldn't find it in-game through pathfinder/flying keywords.

Comment

Working...
                          X