OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else finding it difficult to find a starting point in the guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else finding it difficult to find a starting point in the guide?

So I have a ton of level 35 - 45 characters now and I thought Zygor might help guide them to max quickly. I look at Zygor and i'm overwhelmed by the amount of guides and options that it's trying to make me pick from. Back in the day, Zygor just did what was efficient. You followed the arrow and you were guaranteed to hit max level quickly. Why are there 10 different 10 to 50 guides?!? Which one is quickest and which one is best for my class and race?! Which guide should i follow for the fastest route to max level with my 35's, 40's, and 45's? How do i start these guides at my level? Do i just "Mark as Complete" through a few hundred steps?

I gotta say, i'm a little disappointed with my experience with the guide so far based on what i knew Zygor to be in the early days. The "suggest" button is completely useless now.

I wanted to use trial to see ease of use, and compare to other options. There is no info, and the only guides available are the 3 slowest leveling routes available in pre-patch. Maybe they need to time do more dev work which is fine, but no information implying that anywhere on the site that I can find. Maybe I can't see some guides because of trial, but I'm not going to pay for TBC and WOTLK leveling guides. Me doing things on my own through WOD or Legion is faster than a guide through TBC.
    Maybe it is user error, and I welcome someone pointing me to what I blindly missed.

**Used Zygor back when WOTLK and MOP came out. Been away from the game since then.

Comment

There are a lot of 10-50 guides because all of the zones scale to your level. You pick which expansion and zone you want to level in and go. No need to skip anything, just do whatever the guide says to do.

As for the free trial guides, they are very limited in what guides are available.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
        There are a lot of 10-50 guides because all of the zones scale to your level. You pick which expansion and zone you want to level in and go. No need to skip anything, just do whatever the guide says to do.

As for the free trial guides, they are very limited in what guides are available.
        Don't most people use these guides to level as efficiently as possible? To get from A to Z as fast as possible. If you guys have not done the science of finding out the quickest way from A to Z, why are we paying for the service? It sounds like you're saying, "Just do what you want".

Comment

There really isn't a fastest way anymore since Blizzard started making the zones scale to your level. Blizzard is also still messing with leveling times for Shadowlands so if one expansion is a little faster than another right now that might change again in another month or two. As it is any time differences with leveling in one expansion vs. another expansion is minimal. Blizzard has turned the game into one where you experience the game content you want and the leveling speed will still be roughly the same no matter where you are. So yes, the game has become one where you "just do what you want."

Comment

So you understand there probably is a fastest way to level but you don't see the point in finding the fastest leveling route since the difference in times might be negligible and the fastest route may change in a "month or two"?

Comment

We market as efficient guides, not speed leveling guides. If we only worried about the fastest routes then there would be no need for any leveling guides for any other expansion.

Comment

We market as efficient guides, not speed leveling guides. If we only worried about the fastest routes then there would be no need for any leveling guides for any other expansion.
                Understood and noted. Thank you.

Comment

Then you should probably remove the word "fastest" from your description (in quotes below) in favor of something more accurate. I quite enjoy Zygor's guide and not having speed leveling guide isn't going to make me stop paying for the guide as it has many other things I love, but it is a little interesting how a free service like Azeroth Autopilot can come up with a speed leveling guide, but you guys can't (or won't). Thanks for all you do, but this does kind of sound like bullshit with the way you advertise the guide.

https://zygorguides.com/guides/wow/leveling-loremaster
                  Zygor.PNG

"Zygor's Leveling and Loremaster guide is the ultimate tool for players who want to level up quickly and earn the coveted Loremaster achievement. This guide will lead you quest by quest through every zone, telling you exactly where you need to go, how to complete objectives, and everything else required to reach level 120 in the fastest time possible."
                  Last edited by BlessedDeath; October 17, 2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to level a level 45 character. I started with the Tiragarde 10-50 guide. It's pointing me to NPCs that don't offer quests or to non-existant NPCs. I haven't found a way for Magni Bronzebeard to give me the necklace.

I know I could go back to an earlier expansion and level my characters, but I'd like to keep them in the expansion line. i.e. Classic, BC. WotLK, Cat, Draenor, Legion, and Bfa. (I know that I can't complete them all, I just want to do enuf of the content to wet my feet.)

Bottom line, Blizzard broke the guides and Zygor is probably concentrating on Shadowlands content and current content glitches will be fixed 'later'.

Comment

Try going to Chromie and select the BfA timeline to make sure you are in the right phase of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedDeath View Post
                        Then you should probably remove the word "fastest" from your description (in quotes below) in favor of something more accurate. I quite enjoy Zygor's guide and not having speed leveling guide isn't going to make me stop paying for the guide as it has many other things I love, but it is a little interesting how a free service like Azeroth Autopilot can come up with a speed leveling guide, but you guys can't (or won't). Thanks for all you do, but this does kind of sound like bullshit with the way you advertise the guide.

https://zygorguides.com/guides/wow/leveling-loremaster
                        [ATTACH]2712[/ATTACH]

"Zygor's Leveling and Loremaster guide is the ultimate tool for players who want to level up quickly and earn the coveted Loremaster achievement. This guide will lead you quest by quest through every zone, telling you exactly where you need to go, how to complete objectives, and everything else required to reach level 120 in the fastest time possible."

I mean he's got a good point

Comment

I just googled the best area to level in, the selected the area with Zygor, yeah I think AAP is better for speed levelling, but Zygor is better for getting s**t done

Comment

The problem is when you finish a zone it no longer suggests the next thing to do. I guess because it assumes all the zones take the full 50 levels to complete? For example I finished the Zuldazar guide and it just stopped. It didn't suggest the war campaign or Vuldum or Nazmir even though I wasn't 50 yet. Essentially the guides treat each zone as a game all in themselves instead of leading from guide to guide like they used to. I understand Blizzard changed things with scaling a while back but it still seems like it could suggest the best guide to do next or something like that. Otherwise how is it any different then the autopilot mods available already?

Comment

As an experiment, I leveled two characters from 1-50, one with AAP, the other with Zygor.

Both characters were Undead Shadow Priests leveled in War Mode with heirlooms (head, shoulder, back, chest, trinkets, and weapon). I used no experience boosters for either character. Both runs were uneventful with regard to PvP or having to wait for respawns.

With AAP, I leveled from 1-50 in 16:25:39 versus 16:03:51 with Zygor.

Overall, in terms of speed, I didn't see much of a difference between the two guides.

However, in terms of the quality, Zygor provided clearer instructions through navigation and guide viewer hints. There were a few occasions (but not many) where AAP left me confused or temporarily lost due to vaguely written instructions.

For my Zygor run, I used the Exile's Reach (1-10) and Draenor (10-50) guides.

Comment

Working...
                              X