Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadowlands "Storymode" and the announcement today

Hey all,

first of all, the new Version of the ingame addon (announced today) looks great.
    But I was really hoping, that you would tell us, that there is a "story only" mode for the shadowland zones. At least as far as I could see in your preview, it hasn't looked like that.

In shadowlands, to reach the endgame, you reaily only need to complete the storyline.
    At least in the newest iteration, you don't realy need to do much sidequests or dungeons to hit 60.

It would be pretty great, if you would add a Storymode.
    This would be especionally helpfull, if you later replay the storyline with twinks, that by then will be rested (even though there is an alternative mode for leveling alts, which you have covered: "threads of fate").

This Request came up multiple times in the past, but BFA was overall quite different and the answears of the zygor stuff focused on the scaling mechanics and other stuff, that doesn't rly match the suggested feature or it's reasoning.

I've also taken a look at the feedback hub, but there are so many older requests with some votes - instead of one big request, that I haven't rly felt me covered there and wanted to bring the topic up again - based on the newest information.

Is there an update on that front, like a feature I've overlooked in the preview or so?
    Have I missed something in that regard?

Greetings,

Semydo

PS: A more advanced Guide for the whole 50-60 Experience with a "speed leveling" approach would be cool too, but this would be a different story and would require much more work / different approaches.

Have asked this a long time ago (around 2-3 xpacs ago) but got shelfed since it wasn't "a good part of the levelling experience". This would definitely be good for Zygor to consider this option on day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by semydo View Post
      But I was really hoping, that you would tell us, that there is a "story only" mode for the shadowland zones.
      I'm with you, here. It's really disappointing that guides we pay for are less well-developed than free guides like AAP (which has story-only for SL)

In shadowlands, to reach the endgame, you reaily only need to complete the storyline.
      At least in the newest iteration, you don't realy need to do much sidequests or dungeons to hit 60.
      To be clear, this is not true. Story-only doesn't get you to 60, per multiple sources. But it's still incredibly useful, especially leveling alts and for people who do dungeons along the way.

Comment

Would love a guide just for Story-mode quests, only thing Zygor is missing sadly

Comment

Yep would like to see one Zygor Story-mode mode as well!

Comment

We're considering adding this and looking into it.
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Glad i found this posting, i was going to ask this as well. I have done all of the Bastion guide and got me close to 55. I want to proceed only with "story-mode".

Thank you for considering it, hope you decide to add it soon, it would be super helpful on week 1.

Congrats on the new version 8 layout and feature mode.
              Last edited by Lujzin; November 25, 2020, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Same here! I want a story-mode only as well

Comment

Well I decided to manually skip most of the side-quests in Bastion and now have to back-track as you need to be level 53 to accept "Imminent Danger". So you do have to do some side-quests and cannot simply do the storyline quests only. I am 3 1/2 bars from 53 = 39006xp.

Comment

The "(Story Only" leveling guides are now released. Please update your guides. The Bastion (Story Only) guide has been played through and polished, so should work without any issues. The other 3 zone guides are in a beta state, and will be played through and polished, to fix any small issues, over the next 1-2 days.
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Works great. I didn’t even realize it had been updated and was using AAP which i broke pretty quick, jumped back to zygor and the story mode was there. It worked great through Ardonweald (sp). Thanks guys. Been using the guides for a llooonggg time...

Comment

Originally posted by mm1434 View Post
                        Works great. I didn’t even realize it had been updated and was using AAP which i broke pretty quick, jumped back to zygor and the story mode was there. It worked great through Ardonweald (sp). Thanks guys. Been using the guides for a llooonggg time...
                        Interesting, AAP is what got me through storyline quickly and efficiently. It also does things like click text in quests (which Zygor doesn't do) as well as did the emote quest on its own, which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                          The "(Story Only" leveling guides are now released. Please update your guides. The Bastion (Story Only) guide has been played through and polished, so should work without any issues. The other 3 zone guides are in a beta state, and will be played through and polished, to fix any small issues, over the next 1-2 days.
                          Thanks a lot! I am a new subscribing and knowing you guys listen to the requests makes me love the guides even more!

Comment

Yes, please do this.

Comment

Working...
                            X