Early questing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early questing

Hey all... I bought the Horde leveling guide 2.0.626 the day after patch 3.3 dropped and the early questing for my new character is severly messed up. first off, the guide tells me to pick up quests from people that i am unable to talk to, and it also says that for certain quests involving killing specific creatures it gets the number values wrong. Ex: 'Kill Modelled Boars 0/10' when in fact the actual quest requires me to kill four. My cartographer is working flawlessly however, it is just these issues that i display here that keep me from using my guide. will these problems be resolved in later updates; if so does anybody have an estimation on when the next update will be released? oh and if anybody else is having problems like this can you please say so? thank you all and i look forward to taking this guide and reaching its full potential with the next update.

Did you start this toon out brand new with the guide, or is this a lvl'd toon you are working on?

If this is a lvl'd toon, did you start 2 lvl's lower than your toon is? (exp: you are lvl 30, you start the guide at lvl 28.)

When I bought this guide I had just finished Booty Bay with my Lock. My pattern on that toon was to get to an area, accept every quest I could, and work them all till they were done.
    I started the guide 2 lvls below my toon, and spent a good bit of time on my mount busting through old areas I had been to, skipping quest parts in the guide cause I did them already. Then It told me to go to Booty Bay and do this that and the other.... another waist of time, I thought.
    There were a lot of quests now open to me that I couldnt do before because other quests I 'skipped' had been a prereq to that quest.

If none of that applies, nevermind! LOL

But some more info would be helpful to get you started.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Killing the mottled boars is in the troll/orc starting area and I believe it's actually the very first quest. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Before patch 3.3 you did in fact have to kill 10 of them for the quest. If this is now different it's from changes made to the starting areas by Blizzard with the 3.3 patch and I'm sure this will be updated in the guides as soon as possible. Currently the Zygor team are busy trying to fix all sorts of bugs and problems that have arisen since the 3.3 patch and I'm sure we'll see a new guide version from them soon.

If you could, as you're going thru the beginning area please post up any bugs that you find like this. When you make the post please include the guide section (i.e. Troll 1-13), the step number, and the bug you find. This will help to make it easier for the team to correct the bugs quickly.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I started a new Orc Warrior to see about this and Blizzard dropped it from ten to eight mottled boars.
        You just keep doin' what it looks like you're supposed to be doin', no matter how crazy it seems.

Comment

Edit

thank you for that correction. i was giving an example, but yes, it is actually 8, not 10. and also, it says to talk to accept a quest from Ruzan, but he is not holding any quests. (orc 1-13)

Comment

Yes, Blizzard made a bunch of changes to the starter areas. Lessened the amount of thing to be kill to complete quests. They also turned red mobs to yellow. Zygor and his team will make the changes and put out the updates as soon as they can.

Comment

Working...
            X