Missing Kalimdor main quest line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Kalimdor main quest line

The alliance version is either missing or skipping the main quest line (the one which opens up the dailies on that continent).

I believe the way Blizzard worked this you need to do EK with an Alliance toon and you need to do Kalimdor with a Horde toon. Either that or there are no quests/dailies on Kalimdor for Alliance toons.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

That could be, I'm a former Horde, so it may have been in my quest log from that time. Thanks.

Comment

not to necro, but I finished the Eastern Kingdom Pet Questline and it opened up one for Kalimdor. Not sure, but I bet it might open up dailies.

Defeat Traitor Gluk, Grazzle the Great, Kela Grimtotem, Zoltan, and Elena Flutterfly in pet battles.

Defeat Traitor Gluk - Feralas
        Defeat Grazzle the Great - Dustwallow Marsh
        Defeat Kela Grimtotem - Thousand Needles
        Defeat Zoltan - Felwood
        Defeat Elena Flutterfly - Moonglade

Comment

The Kalimdor side is in with the Horde quests. Keep in mind these pet battle quests are account-wide, not just for the faction you're working with at the moment. This means in order to finish them all off you need to be doing battle pets on both Alliance and Horde sides. This is how Blizzard designed it. All of those that you just listed are Horde only quests.

Comment

Those are what I got from Stormwind though.

http://wowhead.com/npc=63596#starts

Kalimdor is shown there for alliance and where I got the quest from

Quick Facts

Requires level 1
            Type: Account
            Side: Alliance
            Start: Audrey Burnhep
            Not sharable
            Added in patch 5.0.4

Series
            Battle Pet Tamers: Kalimdor (Shows Alliance Symbol)
            Battle Pet Tamers: Kalimdor (Shows Horde Symbol)
            Grand Master Trixxy

Comment

It might have been changed. The daily quests for those trainers are Horde side only still but it looks like the tamers might talk to both sides. I do not know if you can run there as Alliance and fight them without having first unlocked them properly on the Horde side. Since those are account quests doing it on either side will count for both sides.

Comment

I have not done the quest on the horde side. I'll go defeat them here shortly and report back on it.

Comment

Yea, once you defeat them all and the follow-up in winterspring, it opens them up as dailies for Alliance

Comment

Well that's definitely new. It used to be you had to be Horde to do anything with those guys. I'll add this to the list for the team to get sorted out.

Comment

The quest for Kalimdor became available at the same time as Outlands, so only after you completed Eastern Kingdoms.

Comment

I appologize. Apparently the dailies are not showing up for me except for the one in Winterspring from the Grand Master.

Comment

Make sure you run thru the main questline and that should get all the dailies opened up if that's what is causing problems.

Comment

The main questline took me through the 5 Tamers with the follow-up Grand Master in Winterspring. I visited 3 of the tamers after doing the Winterspring Grand Master Daily and none of them would battle.

(edited in starts here) In order to be able to get the Daily Quests from these Tamers, you need to have the Taming Kalimdor achievement. This is a Horde only achievement, that is why most of these dailies are HORDE ONLY! The only daily the Alliance can do in Kalimdor is the one given by Grand Master Trixxy. (no longer applies --->) In order to unlock that quest, you need to get the achievement on a Horde Character. (copied from Wowhead pet daily guide) (edit ends here)

BTW Cabby, your not allowed to post again until I remember the term used for when a word/number is the same forward as backwards since at the time I started this post, your post count is 13131!
                            Last edited by eolewis; April 18, 2014, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Didn't see this until after I posted again. And the word you're looking for is palindrome.

Comment

Working...
                              X