The Classic guide is way off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Classic guide is way off

I'm not trying to knock on this guide. This is not how I did back in vanilla. Zygor Alliance is not efficient. For Example.

Zygor
    Shire
    Goldshire
    Then it's off to ashenvale and all that night elf crap.

Me.
    Elwynn Forest
    Westfall
    Redridge
    Westfall
    Wetlands
    and so on.

Your guide has us going back and forth back and forth back and forth. My way is literally 10 levels more efficient than the guide. Why do you make us go back and forth constantly wasting time when we could be leveling up? I know it's not a race. It's pointless to go Darkshore as a Human. You don't benefit there. It's the most annoying place to level. I don't know. You should check out Jame's Leveling Guide for Vanilla and get an idea.

With that being said. zygor is great for Retail. I don't think it's made for Classic.

I have to agree with you on the Classic guide. A few points I've encountered:

Level 20-22 has you fighting level 24 thistlefurs in the Alliance guide right out of the gate at Astranaar. One wrong pull and you're dead.

Doing level 30 of the Horde guide takes you to mobs +1, +2 and sometimes even orange (+3/+4) in both Thousand Needles and Shimmering flats. Time to kill, downtime from healing/drinking/bandaging etc. is insane with this guide.

We're still missing Ghostlands/Blood Watch guides, and the only response is "it's more ideal to do Barrens/Ashenvale quests", when that is absolutely not true; I followed their guide for a human and then on my own ran through Blood Watch with a Draenei shaman and the time to level 20 was literally 75% less in the newer starting zones.

Comment

Ghostlands and Bloodmyst Isle guides are in the Leveling > Extra Zones section since they are not part of our normal leveling route.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I just remember in classic the route I used was very fast. I found myself with one zone complete with yellow quests but they turned green. I went off course just to turn them in and suffered XP loss. Not sure why this method. After Elwynn Forest you didn't even send us to Westfall which is crucial for alliance. Instead, went running around elsewhere. The only reason I use a guide is for leveling fast without having to search for an area to complete it. Despite knowing everything and where they are. The key point to guides is to save you time from running back and forth. I find this guide is making me go back and forth. No reason for a Human Alliance to go to Auberdine or Darkshore.

Side note: Guide is great for retail.

Comment

Working...
        X