Ridiculous amount of grinding 60-70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous amount of grinding 60-70

I've seen a couple of other topics related to this, but the amount of grinding seems a bit silly.
    Aside from 62-63, there's been a "step" at every level telling me to grind out around 30%, and just now I'm being told to grind literally half a level from 65 to 66. Are there really so few quests? "We are grinding a little bit now, to prevent having to grind a lot all at once later." By my definition, "a lot all at once" seems pretty close to what I've been being told to do. What's the point in buying a guide if so much of it is just "go grind"?
    Bear in mind, all my time spent in Outland has been significantly rested, while also using the midsummer +10% xp buff - not having either of those, I wouldn't be surprised if I was told at some point to just grind out an entire level in one go.

To Support, I know you've posted "we're looking at evening this out" but that's been for a long time, and you really haven't shared anything on how that's being done or what the progress is.
    If a paid leveling guide is just going to tell me to grind - by this point, I've ground out the equivalent of an entire level in total -, I'll be unsubscribing until you sort this out.

Bear in mind, all my time spent in Outland has been significantly rested, while also using the midsummer +10% xp buff - not having either of those, I wouldn't be surprised if I was told at some point to just grind out an entire level in one go.
    I don't understand what you're running into, because I haven't run into this with three different characters to level 70. I have complaints about the guide, most of them related to "efficiency" versus actual efficiency, and some of the routes are just bonkers (why are people being sent twice to kill mobs when those quests could be picked up before the first visit?)

On my warrior, I used the guide from level 60 (alliance side mind you) and did three things not in the guide: Hellfire Ramparts 1x for the quest reward, Blood Furnace 1 x for the quest reward, and the elite quest with the Colossus (because there was a group to do it with).

I hit level 70 by the beginning of Netherstorm, slightly after the first Manaforge quest. A mix of some rested exp, but no bonfire. A majority was unrested.

My priest hit 70 before Blades Edge Mountains, but ran far more instances due to requests from guildies to heal instance runs.

My mage was a boosted level 58 when starting the outland guide. Quests took an enourmous amount of time due to the horrible gear she had, and even with purchases off of the AH and crafted by my tailor priest, it started off VERY slowly until she got rid of the crap greens gotten by default.

My mage just hit 70 in BEM, with at least 3 chains left to complete, using both full rested Exp most of the way, and the ribbon exp buff the last 2-3 days. She did run several instances in Zangarmarsh with her guild. However, she completely skipped Terrokar forest quests until her Lower City rep gets to Honored (learned this stupidly from doing it badly with two characters). She also skipped half of Nagrand and instead ran OHB and Black Morass twice at 68 to unlock Elixir spec. Those dungeons were not worth all that much Exp wise.

I am completing the guides steps with my characters as the warrior earned enough for an epic mount with Netherstorm and a lucky drop worth around 1200g on the AH completing quests after level 70.

So, after doing this three times on alliance toons, even one from level 58, I have to ask: What are you doing? What class are you? Faction?

Something doesn't make sense here. The only time the guide requested I grind was in HFP at the beginning of the guide, in order to go from level 59.25 > 60 so that quests became available.

Comment

Okay, did you complete the 30% grinding steps? There is known grinding that has to take place in Classic and TBC Classic. Typically you will kill mobs between quests while leveling and this will balance the guides out. If you skipped the recommendations to grind the 30% it would obviously stack and appear to be more and more as you progressed through the guide. If you have been completing the 30% steps and still reached a 50% step the team will need some more information to look further into this for you. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanessar View Post

I don't understand what you're running into, because I haven't run into this with three different characters to level 70. I have complaints about the guide, most of them related to "efficiency" versus actual efficiency, and some of the routes are just bonkers (why are people being sent twice to kill mobs when those quests could be picked up before the first visit?)

<...>

So, after doing this three times on alliance toons, even one from level 58, I have to ask: What are you doing? What class are you? Faction?

Something doesn't make sense here. The only time the guide requested I grind was in HFP at the beginning of the guide, in order to go from level 59.25 > 60 so that quests became available.
        Many thanks for sharing your experiences.
        I'm a mage on Alliance. I tried Outland at 58, but it was irritating so I went back to Azeroth to hit 59 before coming back.
        I'm following what's written in the guide steps to the word, aside from skipping two quests which were just too difficult to do alone. Neither of them had followups, I checked before skipping them. I haven't done any dungeons.
        I have no idea what you're doing to not run into these horrid grinds! Are you killing literally everything you see?

Originally posted by ZG Support 2 View Post
        Okay, did you complete the 30% grinding steps? There is known grinding that has to take place in Classic and TBC Classic. Typically you will kill mobs between quests while leveling and this will balance the guides out. If you skipped the recommendations to grind the 30% it would obviously stack and appear to be more and more as you progressed through the guide. If you have been completing the 30% steps and still reached a 50% step the team will need some more information to look further into this for you. Thank you.
        I haven't skipped a single grind step that's been administered to me. I am killing some mobs between quests - I'm not going out of my way to kill anything that moves, but I'm not carefully threading around trees and stuff to avoid all combat between quests, either. Apparently this is not enough?
        I think, if this is such an important factor of the leveling process, it could be made a lot more palatable if they were broken up throughout the levels, rather than them all being in a massive block at the end. It's easier to hang around a questing area grinding out an extra bar, ten times, rather than finishing a list of quests and suddenly being told to grind half a level for a few hours.
        Please let me know whatever other information you might need to complete the picture as to what's happened here.

Comment

From 61-63 I've grinded a half a level every time. I did every quest it told me to do, I'm going to level the half a level then grind to half a bar and see if that remedies it. I'm strictly doing quests and grinding with no dungeons, horde, mage. edit: I believe what happened was that I quested 2 areas to gain one level now I am behind that level, because I quested ahead and now I'm in a "grind" loop until I level a full level...
          Last edited by booert12; August 22, 2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

This whole guide is shambolic .. grind , grind , grind .. Lose hours in travel time because fk you that's why. Skip completed quests because no reason ?!!! Class quests are swept under the rug lets not talk about the dungeon quests leading to them ... Using this untill the end of the month and I am done with it. Absofuckinglutley shambolic guide .. A guide like RestedXP tells you when to train skills ,when to buy water how TO SAVE TIME ON TRAVELING and takes paths being used for speedleveling ALSO they have dungeon cleave guide ohh and they lead you trough the quest chain if you want to enter a dungeon. I found myself 3 levels ahead of their guide NOT needing to grind 30% of a level for hours on end to contiue with another broken and long chain of quests that lkead my basck to my starting piun qiuwndasoi dj901i 2e91 jdaskl dnmaslk dm0891j32e0asmd .. But here we are at the end using Zygor even when its painful <3
            Last edited by rageban; August 25, 2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I am having the same issue. At 66.5 it wants me to grind out 400k in xp to get to 67. I started using the guide at lvl1 and even now, with full rested xp, this is the next step? There have been quite a few grind levels for me so far. I may be doing something wrong? Horde Druid btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Primarch View Post
                I am having the same issue. At 66.5 it wants me to grind out 400k in xp to get to 67. I started using the guide at lvl1 and even now, with full rested xp, this is the next step? There have been quite a few grind levels for me so far. I may be doing something wrong? Horde Druid btw.
                Yea, the Outland guide seems...sparse. It also guides the player to mobs +2 or +3 from the current level quite often, which dramatically slows progress down.

Comment

Working...
                X