Last update broke guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last update broke guide

The guide is unusable below 24 so far. Picks up quest, we don't need, never turns them in, does not fully complete quests.
    Example: Ratchet, go in hut get quest, get quest to get his head, kill x amount of mobs.
    come back to turn that section in, picks up all the necessary quests, then JUMPS out of that quest chain and says go get harpy witches.

It's broke really bad between barons, stonetalon and Ashenvale - really really broken and unusable.
    Can we remove the anti-game play advice of
    destroying the hearth to save ONE bag slot, not ever needed.
    hand holding - quest items to be put in bank (never)
    and the worst offender of gameplay advice - allow mobs to kill you - after a few times, you get extra timeouts, and repairs.
    [x] Option to disable anti-gameplay and hand holding

Thanks

Tarren Mills is a MESS now. Why are we over there at level 22? We should still be stonetalon, ashenvale, and barrens

How do we roll back to the previous guide, at least it was workable.
    I can't play with the current Guide, as there are so many things wrong all at once everywhere.
    Can't trust the guide anymore

Another Fail: Ratchet, pick up samophlage quest, guide tells us to walk 20 yards and put it in bank? What? why pick up the quest at all then?

Comment

3 days, no response

The Barrens
      Step 80 - jumps to Step 91
      which skips the completion of
      Stolen Booty (which has *always* been the next step, before leaving this area.

Step 70 tells us to put the Control Console Manual in the bank, even tho we just picked up that quest for a later time.
      Why would you pick up a quest, walk 30 yards to put in a bank, that we will have to take an extra travel steps to retrieve?
      We *never* put quest items in banks, stop telling us to do so please. (another lame concept that was never in original guide, as is die on purpose and trash hearth to save a bag slot)
      It's a lame concept you came up with, never in the real speed leveling Zygor Guides created by John Cook, which this guide is not, unfortunately.

I see you made a few correct changes to the guide in the orc/troll starter area that I've been telling you about for a year and a half.
      Still not right, but better than what you were doing. Same for Durotar section.
      Going for the level 4 mob right after killing 6 or 8 boars is not the priority and you take it 1 level to soon, minimum.

It would be nice to see you fix what you broke, if I was a new player, rather than a 20 year veteran of the game, I could not make it to level 20 following the mess it is in now.

I would have liked to roll back to the previous guide, without all the new chaos you put into this one. Did not see an option to roll back to previous guide.

Tarren Mills - Durn Holde is pvp quests, please remove the new section you put in this guide, as all it is now is one massive confusing mess over there, so much so, I just stopped playing that section and came back to the Barrens/stonetalon/ashevale sections were we still belong at level 22. lots more to do over here before we go over to the other side.

Broken : 3 days and counting.

PS: I dropped my 20 plus year Elite Member subscription service, from the lack of professionalism this programming crew has demonstrated since WotLK Classic expansion came out.

Hope someone finds time to look at the shoddy work the last person who touched the code.

Comment

There was no response because other than your dislike for some steps and you shouldn't have access to the guides above level 12 since your subscription expired a month ago. That leads me to believe that you have old and outdated guides you are using so complaints about specific steps may have already been fixed.

Also, the game has only been out for 18 years and 3.5 months so not sure how you had a 20+ year subscription.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Tsk tsk, the license is for FAMILY behind the same IP, thank you very much, guide is always updated, many times each day as I go along.
          Sorry I wasn't specific enough for you, 20 years is close enough for me in this case, think you missed my point(s).

"some steps" I dislike you say, this is not for ME, this is for the players that are looking for a good working guide, which after over a year, is still a mess.

John Cook's guide rocked, your version of it, sucks. Not gonna air laundry in public.
          Suffice it to say, I gave you plenty feedback, for all this time wotlk classic has been out, and you just now started to use some of it.
          However, in your attempt to do so, you fubar'd the guide for 1-20 level players.

Hope you can look beyond your personal feelings, and let the team go back and look at all the damage they just did.
          Do you level toons to check out what the players are saying?
          John Cook did, met him many times in game, as we went thru his 3.3.5a guide, which was 100% completed.

However, instead of using that done guide, you chose to use your own terrible travel system from 'retail' and made up your own guide.
          That is how it feels to me on this side of things, where I sit.
          I think about all the players that are being mislead, as I KNOW it could be so much better than it is.

I'm sure you all are doing the best you can, right?
          thanks for all and anything you chose to do, to make it better.

Comment

This isn't a thing of his guide vs. our guide. He still owns the company and still does a lot of guide work. He was the one that started adding those shortcuts into the Wrath guides such as deleting the hearthstone, taking intentional deaths to cut out travel time, etc. A lot of the changes were done by him directly or at his direction in order to try to give people the fastest leveling path available that they have been asking for.

Comment

Before your time, HIS 3.3.5a guide was 100% perfect, vs what YOU have come up with.
              I guess I just don't understand why you folks would spent all this time, to re-invent what he had, and be so much worse in EVERY way.

The travel system is a dismal mess, still, since WoD. The creation of the new travel system used in Retail and brought to wrath was a mistake.

The order you pick up and turn in quests, is a mess, still.
              With new added features, it leave quests in progress and unfinished to go do other quests.
              Gave you and exact example, in Ratchet, no response, still.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I said the guide was broken 1-24, and it is, no fixes, no rollbacks, no effort on your part to fix it, still.
              Did you create a toon and go see what I'm talking about?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I asked how to roll back the guide so I can use the previous version. No response, still.

FYI,
              this new guide thinks going thru the tunnel from stonetalon to ashenvale is faster, it's not. by the time you WALK thru that long tunnel, you have not gained anything.
              About same amount of time as flying to Splintertree post, and RUNNING Zoram Strand, without the benefeit of doing that questline, the one before this guide.
              What it did do tho, was mess up the guide and travel directions for the Ashenvale zone.

----------------------------------
              when I got to Tarren Mills, guide added the Durnhold Keep queslines (pvp) -[obnoxious questlines I'm not interested in ], can we just do what we have always done there?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Good day

Comment

Yes, I have created a new toon and have been playing but so far have not seen any issues. Granted I am still under 20 and have not been sent over to the Tarren Mill area yet so I'll see once I get over there.

No, there is no way to roll back the guides.

Comment

Thank you. Perhaps we can add a rollback feature?

Tarren Mills is a mess, game made some big changes over there. it is a full 20-30 zone now.
                  Guide sends us over there at level 22. Get's DEEP real fast.

I'm sure you KNOW this Zone very well so will be terse.

The quests we pick up (not talking about the pvp quests in Durnholm)
                  24 - Elixir of Pain
                  24 - Battle of Hillsboro ( VERY Tricky, surrounded by higher mobs everywhere, causes MOB RUSHES and deaths )
                  28 - Dangerous ( VERY HARD for non-hunters, not sure I would bother with it in any other class )

At level 22, this would be a *very* challenging effort for a new player to handle, for any class.

This is daunting at best and even tho I am level 24 (because I finished 1st parts of Ashenvale and Stonetalon),
                  it has been a real PAIN so far, feelsbadman, we should be someplace else I think.

Chen's Empty Keg is only level 24, I think I'll go back to The Barrens, come back at level 29 like we used to.

Comment

Hmmm, I stuck it out to 25, then went back to Barrens to work on the last parts of it.
                    I took the time to mount up and head for Thousand Needles, sans the lead-in quest.
                    I picked up quest by elevators, went down, started to run to Freewind Post for the Flight Path
                    Ran into the Messenger, got that quest, used it, turned it in, took next quest, killed all 3 mobs, turned it in, got nice bracer upgrade.
                    Continued on to get Flight Path, pick up, turn in anything (including the Filled Etched Vile) and picked it all up (including the Filled Etched Vile quest again)
                    Went down and got the Egg, killed both Serpents, turned that all in, at level 25.

Point I'm making is that seems they restructured the quest path difficulty chains, and made them a tad more fluent to stay in one ZONE
                    Less travel, no jumping between Eastern Kindoms and Kalimdor required?
                    Less zone hoping, starts off with lower level, ratchets up to higher levels, within the one zone, just might have to travel a little.

So, thinking out loud
                    Barrens to Stonetalon and back, then off to Ashenvale and back. ( all 1st run quests)
                    then off to stonetalon, then ashenvale - turn in the hunt... quest, to start the run for (all 2nd run quests)
                    9 runners across the road from Splintertree post, turn in, get phial from 1-4 mobs, go back to bridge, follow river, turn right, go to well, use phial, done
                    Go to zorm'gar strand 'naga beach' get the rock and thistle and other one for 8 boxes?
                    Go to cave and finish that quest, keep going to you reach the lake, get the bear, jump in lake do all that
                    I have done Shambra as well, but, it's not for everyone, that cat is a beast, eats pets for breakfast
                    Back to splintree post, turn it all in, pick up everything except the sator horns quest, flight to Zorm'gar to turn in, fly to thunderbluff
                    turn in, pick-up quest, clean bags, look for better weapon on the AH
                    Then back to Barrens Camp Turajo questlines that leads you in direction of Thousand Needles...
                    I do ALL of that section until it's done, including part 2 of Gann's quests, then blow up the 'helicopter' at top of town and Barrens is complete.
                    Then .... back to Stonetalon, then to Thousand Needles ?

Lots to consider...
                    ------------------------
                    FYI, I always take Herbalism and Skinning to make easy money.
                    You can vendor all of it, it's freely available, and never have to really look for it, free gold/silver/copper as you get xp
                    Certain plants sell on AH for crazy gold o.0

Good luck, you may need to create new toon all in heirlooms to make that run fun again, to see what's up with all of it.
                    I delete most of my toons around level 40 because it just gets stupid crazy with quests from many zones, and crazy travel back and forth
                    gives me a headache thinking about it.
                    I have 8 over 70 tho. (sheepish grin) all solo play, just questing and having fun.
                    Never a dungeon, no raids (of course, to old) and only that occasional grouping during a quest or three.
                    I have accept auto invite on, so if someone needs help, I can assist, then go back about my merry way
                    I take my time, fish, cook, enjoy the journey. Sometimes the guide will say to FLY to somewhere, and
                    I'll just take off running, picking flowers, killing and skinning mobs, get greens and blues, make money
                    rather than spend it to fly somewhere. Never in that much hurry

Take care, thanks for all the hard work this must take, and the toll on the mind and all the brain cramps /tips hat

*above is a rambling 71 year old ... shrug

Comment

Stonetalon Mountains problem example.

Working on quest Cenarius Legacy.

I see what needs to be done, close the guide to get more room on the screen.
                      Complete quests, bring the guide up to double check my work and make sure I didn't miss anything.
                      Guide jumps to step 16, Harpies Threaten - WITHOUT
                      Going back to town (hearth usually) turn in quests, clean out bags etc.
                      the guide did not do what it should have done, so
                      I ran back to cave and turned Cenarias, then back to town and turned in Gaia seeds and picked up quest New Life,
                      before I headed out to do Step 16. else
                      I would have had to go back to turn in Gaua seeds and do New Life, AFTER we should have been done
                      like the previous version of the guide had us always do this.
                      the new one, just another whoopsies

Comment

Closing the guide when you are working on steps messes with things. If you need more screen space try making the guide viewer smaller and then when you want to look at things adjust it back to normal size.

Comment

I've tried everything on my 4k 77" OLED panel, guide just blocks way to much screen space to keep it open.
                          Another solution must be found. I don't recall, back in the day, ever having this issue.
                          Hope you can come up with a fix. Minimizing the Guide, should PAUSE it from moving until I open it again.

I also have to close Questie, the addon that puts informatives icons on the world map and mini map,
                          that make sense when you mouseover them, or even over a nameplate. Pretty slick addon actually.

Comment

Just finished Thousand Needles, and was expecting to head over to Tarren Mills for that secular rod quest chain, Seti mobs etc.
                            Instead, it has me going to Shimmering Flats, can't pick up a quest ( I am 29, grinded a lot to get ahead of the guide)
                            Kravel Kolbeard - Warfmaster Dizzywig [ I can tell something is there, but, need to be 30 ] Whoopies again.
                            I will follow it, until it tells me to start grinding here, then I will run off to Tanaras and get Flight Path, go on over to Tarren Mills
                            and do that one from memory, until I get my helm from Frostmaw
                            then I can pick up here where I leave off.
                            thanks for looking into the injection of many new quests and such, holy mackerl, like a whole new game. sheesh

Comment

Update to above, it had me pick up all those quests, then go to Gadgetland to get Flight Path.
                              Now it has me flying to Crossroads to pick up 'The Swarm Grows" is that not Desolace quests, before we get done with Tarren Mills?
                              Now it's gone crazy, I have a butt load of quests I just picked up, that I could have waited to get, when i was ready for that grind? crazy

Comment

Working...
                              X