Clear All

Orc Troll Hunter addendum

Extra Notes [what I do from here]: as an ALT all the time

as a hunter, I tame a level 10 or 9 Boar on my way to crossroads
    go across bridge to The Barrens
    Turn in: Conscript of the Horde
    Accept: Journey to Crossroads
    walk over to Grol'dorn Farm and Click barrel/keg to pick it up
    Accept Chen's Empty Keg (once you reach level 11)
    At crossroads I pick up these quests
    Meats to Org
    The Forgotten Pools
    Fungal Spores

Travel to the lake, click 4 shrooms, swim over the breathing hole
    head back to crossroads
    turn in Fungal Spores
    Accept the Apothecary Zamah (timed quest)
    Turn in: Forgotten Pools
    Travel to Turajo [stay on road, watch for pats]
    Put pet in stable
    get Flight Path
    Travel to Mulgore, make hard left along mountain
    tame wolf learn bite level 2, abandon pet
    go back to Turajo and get boar from Stable
    Traveling to Thunderbluff, TIMER to be watched closely
    I let pet kill stuff and skin mobs along the way
    Turn in the quest in Thunderbluff, take agility potion
    you get a nice staff as quest reward
    Fly to Org, turn in Meats to org
    accept next one, return to Flight Path, turn in,
    accept Return to Crossroads
    fly to crossroads
    Accept: Wharfmaster Dizzywig from Apothecary Helbrim
    Turn in Return to Crossroads

open the Keg in bags and accept Chen's Empty Keg quest
    Travel to ratchet
    turn in and accept Chen's Empty Keg
    turn in Wharfmaster Dizzywig
    get Flight Path, fly to Org

Now you can go back to Zygor guide step: 132
    /played time is 5 hours 20 minutes

I reached Level 12 in 6 hours
    Not a speed run, just what happens when I do the above.

My setup:
    ALTs get 5 Gold and 3 - 16 slot Traveler's backpacks,
    1 - 2 handed axe lvl 4,
    1 - Cadet Bow lvl 1
    I train 2 handed axes asap
    (leave starting area, Travel to Orgrimmar at lvl 1)
    pick up quest, walk to Razor Hill, turn in quest, set hearth
    Continue to Org, learn 2 handed axes from weapon trainer
    Visit Skinner trainer - learn skinning, get skinning knife
    Hearth to Razor Hill, run back to starter area, back on Zygor Guide

I upgrade my 2 handed axe at level 8 and 11 (AH)
    I upgrade my bow at Level 8, and 11 (AH)

Disclaimer:
    I am 70, played since 4 months prior to LK release
    worked with Zygor and John Cook during Lich King, and all expacs up to WoD to help make guide better. (LOTS of FUN was had)
    stopped playing retail when they allowed mobs to level with you, zero fun in that.

Classic came out - started playing, then TBC Classic came out, now I can play again.
    I level ALTs for fun, had 7 accounts, FULL maxed out characters @120, only 1 NEW active now.
    All I do now is create hunters, get to about level 30-40 range, delete and start over.
    My eyes are to bad to play group content, do dungeons, Raid or PvP
    but, I can continue my journey, until mine ends <3

Hope the suggestions I made in previous posts are helpful John.
    Look forward to guide changes

SUGGESTION: Travel Arrow needs to be kicked to curb, or limit it as to what it does, point to NPCs the guide wants us to interact with
    DROP the step by step turn here, go to this spot, then this spot... 1-20 is brain dead walking about needs ZERO assistance
    This way to Sen'jen Village
    This way to Razor Hill
    This way to Orgrimmar
    I find the ARROW and travel directions to be the most annoying thing in the guide at this time, still.

Take care and thanks for all the FUN John, could not have played the game without your guide, simple FACT.
    I appreciate you and all you have done for the WoW community /bow /respect /ove

As I had asked in one of your other posts, what problem is there with the way we do it? Are your suggestions simply for speeding up the leveling time? If I remember correctly the last time I ran thru with the guides it was about the same timing for me with the guides on a hunter. Keep in mind these guides have to be something all classes can follow, not just the easy hunter/warlock classes that get pets. I mean for a hunter/warlock to really be fast and easy you would just grind out mobs fast to 10 and get the pet then go tear thru the quests fast for the extra xp (in my opinion).
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Faster is not my goal, however, making logical sense as we go along does.
      I already outlined my steps and routes which make it smoother, logical, FEELS like I'm getting someplace, and never nagged or pestered
      I say you will need to reach some level, as a side note, when doing a quest, so I let them know BEFORE hand, so it's not a NAG

Your Guide:
      1) Huge list of quests we don't need to carry around, for the sake of looking like we are doing something.
      Speaking only to the 1-12 section of this guide
      2) Quest items in bags, carried around, quests not turned in to get quest rewards that sometimes have upgrades, while close to NPC
      3) Travel directions that take longer to get there
      4) Which mobs to get when and where is confusing when you load up the guide with useless quests we won't get to now, and will walk past those NPCs to go do those quests anyways, so why pick up now, when you will get it on the way out there?
      5) Much less annoying with guide popups that constantly pop up and say "reach next level" go kill mobs over here (wrong spots usually, feels,seems random)
      6) when there are multiple locations for same type quest mobs, your guide will list all of them out, line by line, making the guide swell up and take a huge chuck of screen so I close it, until done. (mentioned it in feedback and email to John with pic so he could see what I was talking about. Only have to pick up the Apples quest to SEE what I'm talking about there

I ALWAYS defer to your better overall knowledge of the whole process game/quests/ etc.

I know what I outlined may not be applicable to all - but in most cases, especially 1-10, what I said is generally okay for all classes. (I think, defer to you)

My goal was to stream line the guides process to make it simpler - Look at 1-6 Closer
      The GOAL is to reach level 3, nothing else matters until then, and when you do, guide is not needed, go counter clockwise, turn it all in, go into cave, done, leave.
      The guide feels to busy, for such a simple thing going on there. Serious, Wake the Peons at lvl 3, unlocks the whole mess in there.
      instead of
      more here
      more here
      more here
      more here
      how about [more here],[more here],[more here] all on a single line perhaps, clickable [between brackets]
      Navigation arrow is nothing but a mess - confusing, never on the ball, seems like it has it's own mission of connecting ITS dots/pathways
      Arrow never knows where I am (it used to in LK)
      Arrow worries more about reaching the invisible dots it lays out for itself, so we have TWO things telling us stuff, rather than the arrow support the guide
      we have to pay attention to both, constantly clicking the Guide quest line, to make the arrow point to what the guide wants us to do.

Not polished, thrown together, that will do, we are done, that will work

Not the professional guide setup that I have grown accustomed to over all these years
      I over suggestions to make the guide better.

TRY it once, see if you can FEEL what I'm talking about...
      I have a mission, get it done, turn it in, what did I get [that's interaction] and fun
      The guide lacks interaction and FUN, when it just aimless snags every quest in the area, drags it around into other areas, then find out we come back and then start working on them.
      Look at the mess you pick up at Sen'jen Village as example, holy crap, now look what I did, nice and clean
      Head to Razer Hill (I pluck the quests I will need, before I know I'm heading to Sen'jen Village, about the time we get the tools ...

I know it's hard, you made it the way it is for a reason - it's all there
      The order you get quests, complete them, then turn them in, can make or break the end user feelings while playing the game.
      My way feels rewarding ....
      Your way feels naggy and sloppy, because you pick up quests from NPCs we don't need, but, will walk right past them to head out to do quests (MAKES ZERO SENSE)

If you can do something for the player base, awesome, if not, I tried.
      I don't use the guide, it's kept closed the majority of the time, and I use it as a 'teacher' to check up on me, prior to leaving a quest zone
      example: out on the island, eggs, furs, skull, mobs etc... when I think I got it all, and then some, before swimming back to Sen'jen Village, I *ALWAYS* pull up the guide to make sure I did not miss anything .

With that all said - remember - I have deleted over 2000 two thousand Max level ALTS level 120s from Legion, so bored with that expac...
      I only play hunter in TBC Classic - gave up on the rest as too much work for these old bones to bother with

I think if you peeked at your old 3.3.5a code for 1-20, you will see we did it much differently, perhaps that's what my memory hangs on
      I see the guide pick up quests, and go why you doing that now? (because I know we will walk past them at a later time, and all I got was a huge list of quests to do.

I think I'm rambling - John, just take the time, make a tard, do what I say, see how you FEEL about it as you go... it's not much different, just less guide work if you will.

Hope it helps anyone - I'm just about done, can barely read the screen on an
      83" LG CI OLED plugged into my
      ASUS ROG Strix Scar 17 (2021) Gaming Laptop, 17.3" 360Hz IPS FHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

I am good, love the guide, I've learned how to ignore it, bring it up when I need it.
      Was hoping you would make some changes so it's easier on me (selfish I know right) as I level Alts for fun, over and over and over... /chuckles

Thanks for listening /respect

Comment

Working...
      X