OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not to be cheeky/rude, but there is a lot missing from the wotlk guide, yeah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be cheeky/rude, but there is a lot missing from the wotlk guide, yeah?

Hey guys, have been using Zygor since around 2015/2016 and honestly really enjoy it. But I am playing wotlk classic with friends, (have pretty much ignored classic since) and the guide is definitely super lacking. No rep guides current to wrath, just the tbc ones, achievements as well, these are probably the most glaring for me so far, it makes it impossible for me to recommend zygor to friends(that play wotlk classic), which i really want to do. I understand these systems may not have existed for zygor in 2010 and while data has been migrated from existing classic work + zygor of 2010, new stuff has to be written, which in the grand scheme is tedious and time consuming, guides arent even a function of dev work, and technical writers command lots of pay. But I do not see a roadmap, any assuring comments from staff these features are planned, release dates, etc. I just feel like once I get into endgame stuff, I will drop zygor. I find myself going to wowhead more and more as I get deeper into the endgame, which I hate to do. So, if there is any information regarding a roadmap of sorts or planned features, that can definitely reassure me as a customer and help keep faith in the product

ps. if a zygor manager looks at this, im an established product manager/solutions architect for high tech and would love to crank out some technical writing for yall on the cheap, 1099 stuff of course.

We seldom talk about planned guides or features ahead of time. You can take the Dragonflight expansion as an example. People have asked about more specific info on what guides we'll have but that information will not be released until the week leading up to launch.

We probably would have had more content released for wrath normally but Blizzard decided to have 2 major releases really close to each other. With our small team size that meant that once wrath was out and the guides were functional we had to divert a lot of our time toward getting stuff ready for the Dragonflight expansion. Once that is out and we know there is nothing majorly wrong with the Dragonflight guides we'll be able to work on getting missing guides added for both wrath and Dragonflight. I know there has been some achievement guide work started for wrath but do not have any ETAs for when more guides will be added.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I appreciate the response! This definitely restores some faith in the product for me, I understand retail needs to take priority. I do agree, it seemed very strange for WOTLK to come out so close to DF, and it makes me think Blizz is not confident in DF.

Comment

I've been with Zygor since WoTLK originally launched, and you guys have a great product. But there are no reputation guides for WoTLK now, the TBC Reputation guides are in "Beta" honestly kinda not sure whats going on. This the original poster I'm going to wowhead which is free more than I am for a paid product.. That you have all the stuff in the retail guide and used to have for WoTLK when it first launched.

Comment

Actually when Wrath originally came out the only guides we had were Leveling and Dailies/Events. All other types of guides were not added until Cataclysm and later expansions. Because Cataclysm changed Azeroth a lot we can't use the retail guides for things like reputations, achievements, professions, etc. Those all have to be created from scratch. We do have some of the wrath reputations released as daily guides and the rest will be added when we are able to but as I had pointed out above the 2 releases so close together by Blizzard have made us have to change around priorities on what we can and can't work on right now.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
          X