Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This link has some UI edits that you can do with the default edit layout in the game: http://riftlift.com/ Maybe it will give you some ideas.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
      Maybe it will give you some ideas.
      Niiice! Some of them are quite good.

And judging from some of the screens, the baleful impression may be limited to some zones. I've only reached the zone just past the time portal, so (the visual) despair still rules the day.
      QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
      The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Oh if anybody's interested in buying after trying the trail. Direct2Drive is having a 50% off sale on the game.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Steam has got in the Sale mode now. 33% off of Rift through Steam.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Free Character Transfers

Here is some news Trion released today:
            RIFT™ TO OFFER FREE CHARACTER TRANSFERS

Gather your friends in RIFT and play anywhere, any time

When the next major RIFT™ update hits early this summer, subscribers will be treated to a surprise – free character transfers. Trion Worlds announced today that with RIFT 1.3, players will have the ability to move to select servers in their territory once each week, taking all items, achievements, and titles with them. Additionally, guild leaders will be able to move their guild’s level and experience.

“MMOs are all about playing with your friends no matter which server they’re on, and that’s why we’re offering this as a free service to our subscribers,” said Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer. “RIFT is both a game and a service, and adding free server transfers is just one more way we can make this the best possible MMO experience available.”

Whether you want to play with friends, check out a new server, or avoid queue times on highly populated servers, you’ll be free to move about Telara. As a part of this grand experiment, there will initially be no limits on the number of times you can transfer your characters or guild.

Character transfers will remain a free service for the foreseeable future, and could become a permanent addition to the RIFT experience. Subscribers will be able to perform the transfers inside of the game itself once the patch is live.

For More Information - Read the FAQ

FAQ:
            Hi all,

As announced, Free Character Transfers will be released in RIFT Update 1.3. These Free Character Transfers will be available to players on select shards via a new in-game feature. We are pleased to be able to offer this service to our players and hope you find it to be a great way to further enrich your experience and connect with others, we have provided a brief FAQ outlining this new feature below.

We’ll continue to release additional details as we get closer to the release of 1.3 and we encourage you to ask any questions you might have, we’ll do our best to answer all we can – thanks!

What are Free Character Transfers?

Free Character Transfers will allow you to move your characters to select shards through an easy to use, in-game feature.

How often can I transfer my character?

We’re allowing one free transfer, per character, to a select shard every 7 days. Please note this is subject to change while we continue to develop and test the new service.

What do you mean “select shards”?

We want the shard you select to provide the best experience possible. It is important that there remains a balance between Guardian and Defiant players and to that available shards do not become too over populated or unbalanced. For this reason you will only be able to move to specific shards we’ve selected to accept new transfers, please note the shards available for transfer may change over time.

Can I move from a PvP shard to a PvE shard or vice-versa?

Of course! The rule set of your current shard will not prevent you from moving to a shard of a different type. So PvP, RP, PvE, or RPPvP to your heart’s content - Just remember, you’re subject to the rules of your new home! (For example, non-consensual PvP on PvP shards and stricter naming policies on RP shards.)

What about my stuff?

We’ll have specific details later, but have no fear! You’ll be able to take your items, currencies, achievements, titles, pets, collections, and heck, maybe even the kitchen sink!

Can I transfer from a North American Shard to a European Shard?

Not right now, currently transfers will be restricted to select shards in your territory.

I’m a guild leader, can I transfer my guild?

Absolutely, we know you and your members work hard to level your guild and make it your own. We’ll announce more details about this feature closer to its release, stay tuned!

Will these transfers always be free for everyone?

For the forseeable future – yes! They could even become a permanent addition to the RIFT experience. This is very much an experiment we want to try and we feel this feature will add a unique way to play RIFT unlike other MMO’s. We’ll see how it goes and keep an eye out for any issues that arise.

So, when will 1.3 be released?

1.3 is the next major installment for RIFT and will arrive early this summer. Keep an eye on www.riftgame.com and here on the forums for more details as we get closer to its release!
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Here is some news Trion released today:
              RIFT™ TO OFFER FREE CHARACTER TRANSFERS
              Once a week... wow that is nice. It's about time that someone else started allowing this service... FOR FREE!

Champions Online does something similar to this, but you can do it every few minutes.
              I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

They say it's just going to be a experiment for right now. It's going to go live with 1.3 but they may make some changes depending on how it's used. Mainly if people just try to exploit it they may either make it where you pay for it or just make it where you can only do it once a month. If they go to a payment type thing I think it should be the same price as wow's but in a different format. Say you spend $25 for like 6 tokens of character transfers. So for $25 you can change your shard 6 times before you have to pay more money.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

One thing that might be coming in the 1.3 patch. I stress the might.

From Riftjunkies:
                  UPDATE: We don’t know what the limiting factor will be with addons with RIFT. We almost can guess that they won’t be as extensive as WOW right of the bat. RIFT can limit what data is given up with their API so we’ll have to wait on the imaginations of the addon-makers.
                  What is RIFT missing right now? Player based UI additions. One of the major complaints most people have is primarily with the UI. Buff and debuff displays, hotbar management, raid warning display, combat text positioning are all some of the largest topics. Not only that, but just plain old styling. Warcraft has shown us that people love to customize their display from a minimalist, just give me boxes with numbers to creating their very own Hello Kitty UI.
                  Currently we don’t know much about this addition except for what you see in the screenshot above from the PTR character select screen. We can only speculate that they are pretty close to releasing the API for addons shortly if the UI interface is already on the PTR. If you recall the Twitter button appeared in testing before it was released to live.
                  So we think Addons are right around the corner in 1.3.

From chaos5061:
                  Now don't get your hopes up that Zygor will make a guide for the game. Like riftjunkies said it may be very limited addons to start with. Even if they go the full World of Warcraft addon route Zygor may still not make a guide because of the time it takes and if it would take away from development on the wow guides to much.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Seems addons might be coming now:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?202008-Addons

I would be worthwhile for Zygor to follow this as I am sure there would be buyers for an in-game guide

Comment

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...rth-trying-out read the newest post here.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From chaos5061:
                        Now don't get your hopes up that Zygor will make a guide for the game. Like riftjunkies said it may be very limited addons to start with. Even if they go the full World of Warcraft addon route Zygor may still not make a guide because of the time it takes and if it would take away from development on the wow guides to much.
                        Thanks for the the full update, Chaos. You always keep me up to date on everything and I appreciate it tremendously.

Hopefully, they'll have the same addon policy as Blizzard. I would love and can't wait for (if it happens) a Zygor guide for RIFT. You can bet I would purchase it. I got so used to leveling on WoW with the guide, I'm finding it VERY hard to level in RIFT without it, haha. Could also be the fact I'm still new to the game, but, I like to think Zygor made MMOs easier for me!

Comment

Official Statement from Trion:
                          Hi all, As some of you have no doubt discovered, the initial implementation of our Addons API has recently been released on the Public Test Shard. We will be releasing more details, guidelines, and documentation for the intended usage of Addons in the coming days. We remain committed to our policy that, when we do release the API to live shards, the API meets our expectations and is supported with the highest standards. Addons, Skins, and other modifications to the User Interface must not interfere with the quality and stability you have come to expect. To that end, we must also ensure that the API will not be abused and allow players to automate their play. While we’ve provided a robust default UI we understand the desire to customize and make it your own. In the end, we want to deliver something of quality and continue to iterate this feature with you once it is live to give everyone the greatest chance to help this system evolve. We have opened up this new forum section and invite developers to collaborate together and with us while we prepare this feature for release – thanks for your interest, and stay tuned!

Link to the Addon Forum Trion Created: http://forums.riftgame.com/forumdisp...PI-Development
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Is Zygor considering a version for Rift now that Trion is working...

...on the implementation of addons for the game? Check link.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2543883

It would be a nice step. I am sure many players in Rift of Telara would put their hands on Zygor.

Comment

Read Chaos' post here:
                              http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post61391
                              I also doubt they will allow such powerful addons like the Zygor guide. But we'll see what addons are possible. If it's possible I'm sure Zygor will at least think about it.

Comment

Trion extending a collaborating hand.

Ok, thanks for the answer Trion has at least invited developers to discussions. That is a move that Zygor could pick up and check with Trion whether an addons like Zigor's leveling guides have a place or not in Rift. I quote them:

"We have opened up this new forum section and invite developers to collaborate together and with us while we prepare this feature for release – thanks for your interest, and stay tuned!"

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                                Read Chaos' post here:
                                http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post61391
                                I also doubt they will allow such powerful addons like the Zygor guide. But we'll see what addons are possible. If it's possible I'm sure Zygor will at least think about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X