Pet Talent Advisor - BUG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet Talent Advisor - BUG

The Pet Talent advisory is not working. On all my pets I get this message, "This is a different build, but your character's build is complete. You'll have to reset your talents or duel spec to use this build." All my current pets, and newly tamed pets get this message when trying to apply a build so I have concluded it is a bug, that needs to be brought to your attention and fixed.

We are aware of this issue and looking into getting this fixed. Could you let us know what spec this is happening in for you? Thank you.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

It happened for Tenacity and Ferocity. It randomly started working again but I assume it could mess up at any time as well.

Comment

It's very strange. I have a fox Ferocity and bear Tenacity that have both their talents up to date, but my cat and boar will not work properly. It will not even allow me to choose the appropriate talent when I summon either of those 2 pets. Neither the cat nor boar have any talent points spent. Very odd.....

Edit:
        It occurred to me that my cat and boar's talents reset after I had switched from Beastmaster to Marksman specs. And from that point, I was unable to get "advice" on which points to place.

Comment

My hunter is MM with a ferocity pet and I've not changed pets since the patch dropped. I can load my hunter build correctly but my pet's ferocity build will not load and produces the following LUA error:

Message: ...ace\AddOns\ZygorTalentAdvisor\ZygorTalentAdviso r.lua:1662: attempt to index local 'pettype_en' (a nil value)
          Time: 04/27/11 10:14:44
          Count: 4
          Stack: ...ace\AddOns\ZygorTalentAdvisor\ZygorTalentAdviso r.lua:1662: in function `SetCurrentBuild'
          ...ace\AddOns\ZygorTalentAdvisor\ZygorTalentAdviso r.lua:396: in function <...ace\AddOns\ZygorTalentAdvisor\ZygorTalentAdvis or.lua:396>
          (tail call): ?
          [C]: ?
          [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5>
          ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:797: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:612>
          [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5>
          ...Ons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire'
          ...er\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown.lua:439: in function <...er\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown.lua:430>
          [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5>
          ...Ons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire'
          ...s\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown-Items.lua:345: in function <...s\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown-Items.lua:335>

Locals: <none>

Comment

Just checked my tenacity and cunning pets and the pet talent build loads fine with them.

If I go back to my ferocity pet (cat) then the Talent Advisor says "You do not have a pet active. Unable to activate a pet build."

Comment

BeastMaster spec. No pets will load any spec on TA to select talents. Will not permit slection on drop down. Since 4.1 patch upgraded all pets to my current level (vice three down) I was trying to spec them all and no go.

Of course I could always use the same approach when 4.0 came about and screwed all the talent selects for pets...open the LUA file for each type of pet and manually build the tree...
              Last edited by mastr_joe; April 27, 2011, 07:03 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

I'm having the same problem. My char is a Human Hunter with the "Beastmaster" spec.

I have had a Wolf since I began the char, and the Talent Advisor for Pets recognized it. But, it no longer knows that I even have a Wolf! heh heh.

I'm currently in Redridge area and my char is about lvl 15? I'm not certain, but it's close to that.

Sorry, but I could not capture the LUA error, since it popped up during a fight with a Murloc. Had to hit 'Esc' key to see what I was fighting, so I lost the ability to capture the message.
                Last edited by kreelor; April 27, 2011, 08:31 AM. Reason: added more text

Comment

hey all see the sticky posted by Chaos--it has the tree builds for each type pet so you can do it manually until TA fixes up.

Comment

Hunter Pet talen tree advisor not working properly.

Originally posted by mastr_joe View Post
                    BeastMaster spec. No pets will load any spec on TA to select talents. Will not permit slection on drop down. Since 4.1 patch upgraded all pets to my current level (vice three down) I was trying to spec them all and no go.
                    I'm having the same issue with my BM hunter, the talent tree advisor for my toon works fine, but when I try to place point via ferocity on my wolf it tells me there is no active pet, but my pet is out and killing things. Any work around anyone know of that will work aside from opening the LUA file and doing it manually? (not good with coding )

Comment

Ahh Nvm old fashion entering of each talent point go to the link below like mastr_joe said, its all there to enter manually from the tree itself. =)

Chaos' Post with all pets talent trees

Comment

im having the same issue, im using the starter Worgen Pet (Black Mastiff) and i get this error

Date: 2011-05-02 01:10:30
                        ID: 1
                        Error occured in: Global
                        Count: 3
                        Message: ...ace\AddOns\ZygorTalentAdvisor\ZygorTalentAdviso r.lua line 1662:
                        attempt to index local 'pettype_en' (a nil value)
                        Debug:
                        ...ace\AddOns\ZygorTalentAdvisor\ZygorTalentAdviso r.lua:1662: SetCurrentBuild()
                        ...ace\AddOns\ZygorTalentAdvisor\ZygorTalentAdviso r.lua:396:
                        ...ace\AddOns\ZygorTalentAdvisor\ZygorTalentAdviso r.lua:396
                        [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9:
                        [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5
                        ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:798:
                        ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:613
                        [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9:
                        [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5
                        ...nterface\AddOns\Archy\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: Fire()
                        ...hy\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown.lua:439:
                        ...hy\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown.lua:430
                        [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9:
                        [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5
                        ...nterface\AddOns\Archy\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: Fire()
                        ...s\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown-Items.lua:351:
                        ...s\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown-Items.lua:341

and for some reason i have to redo their talents every time i log out and in.

Comment

We are aware of the Talent Advisor issues. We are looking into getting these fixed for a future update. Thanks for the information.
                          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

how long time?

do zygor guides got any idear of how long time it will take to fix this? =)

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
                              Just checked my tenacity and cunning pets and the pet talent build loads fine with them.

If I go back to my ferocity pet (cat) then the Talent Advisor says "You do not have a pet active. Unable to activate a pet build."
                              Have same problem described by this post, only ferocity don't work, my huntar is mm.

Comment

Working...
                              X