Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talent problem with latest version of the guide 3.1.2149

Alliance guide level 35 Gnome warlock with distruction talent tree selected

when a point is availiable the system is still saying that the tree selected is distruction, but the talent tree is only showing those points already allocated (ie 2 instead of 2/2) and dos not show the rest of the points (0 not 0/3) or the recomended location to allocate the availiable point.

If I select Demonology and then change back to Distruction the talent tree then shows where to put the talent point.

problem update:-

just rebooted and logged backin

rechecked the talent interface

using the 'Z' tab on the talent interface gives

Build none
    selecting configure shows that the distruction talent is still selected

other things checked are:-

Show advice baloons
    Show target builds talent ranks

open the talent frame (for manual learning)

Dock the advice window onto talent interface

deselected the talents to none press ok

press 'Z' selected destruction talent tree
    message says the my talents match the zygor talents

hope this helps
    Last edited by chills; May 23, 2011, 12:52 PM. Reason: problem update

I am also having this same problem on my Dwarf DK
    I have to switch from 2handed weapon to dual wield and then back to 2handed to be able to place my talent point. Not that big of a deal once you figure out a work around but it could use a wrench thrown back at it too straighten it out

Comment

Thanks for the information, we are continuing to look into the Talent Advisor.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I just encountered this problem on my level 63 Worgen Warrior.

How do these things make it into distribution? Does Zygor not put new releases through some modicum of QA? Releasing bugs like this does not impress new comers, nor does it make the "seasoned" users happy campers. These things are annoying, to say the least.

Comment

I started a goblin rogue today and can confirm that the talent advisor is not working correctly. It forgets the selected build between WoW sessions, even though it is shown as selected in the configuration screen.

The only way I could get round it was to select another talent build then switch back to the one I wanted each time I logged in.

Comment

Now upgraded to 3.1.2173 and my warlock distruction talents no longer match that selected during 3.1.2149 with the message that I should go to a trainer and get them reset, this I have now done

Comment

The fixes and updates sent out were for general Talent Bugs and Hunter errors that people have been asking about. Those have been updated and we are continuing to update.

Comment

Another one with a Frost Mage, with the new build 3.1.2186. When I set Talent Advisor to the frost spec (which used to work for me), now I get this message:

"Error: This build contains unrecognized talents. It is broken and unusable.
                Unknown talent(s): 'Icy Veins' at line 11."

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy29 View Post
                  Another one with a Frost Mage, with the new build 3.1.2186. When I set Talent Advisor to the frost spec (which used to work for me), now I get this message:

"Error: This build contains unrecognized talents. It is broken and unusable.
                  Unknown talent(s): 'Icy Veins' at line 11."
                  Here is the fix if you want to do it yourself or you can wait for a update: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...de-to-3.1.2173
                  I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.
                  Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ret Paladin Talent Advisor also broken right now.

Comment

Is that with the latest release 2186?
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of the guide but it has to be said that this has been a very sloppy couple of releases, I'm afraid. It's not that difficult to spell things correctly.

Comment

Really you think it's easy writing 4228 words with 27166 characters without a mistake. Everyone no matter who they are make mistakes.
                          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.
                          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes, they do - and that's what proof-reading or quality control is for. Like I said, I'm a huge fan of the guide but, as a paying customer, the last couple of releases have not been up to the standard I'm used to getting from Zygor. This is an attempt to constructively criticise, not flame.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
                              Yes, they do - and that's what proof-reading or quality control is for. Like I said, I'm a huge fan of the guide but, as a paying customer, the last couple of releases have not been up to the standard I'm used to getting from Zygor. This is an attempt to constructively criticise, not flame.
                              We understand having a non-working guide can be frustrating and also, having a non-updated guide is frustrating. If you come across problems with recent releases and it isn't fixed within a timely manner, just let us know what it is and we will get it fixed and send out updates as soon as we can. Sorry for the trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X